TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

h1 b are handled iby 2 centers (VSC and CSC) and not by TSC and NSC where I485 are done.

having not posted processing dates for almost 40 days now (they used to do every 15 days and for the last 3 months, once a month), i'm afraid that processing dates for i 485 at tsc or NSC will go backward this time. why? back in march , the smart uscis bureaucrats shipped all the cases of vsc (pending almost for 1.5 yrs on average) to tsc and the same with the cases of csc to nsc. what does this do ? here uscis is mixing apples with oranges.

mixing cases of vsc that are old with tsc cases that are supposed to be processed in 6 months will creat a problem in processing times. uscis has to do 1 of 4 things here:

1- be in the conservative side and make the processing time for i485 around 1.5 yrs.

2- make an average of the timing between old cases and new ones, so maybe say the processing time is 1 yr (avg of 0.5 yrs(tsc) and 1.5 yrs (vsc))

3- differentiate in their processing dates between i485 vsc cases and i485 tsc cases

4- keep the 6 months processing time as it was before.

i think this is creating the delay of publishing the processing dates and not anything else. uscis doesn't know which choice to make because of its smart management team.
antonioa77,

do you know how many cases been transfered to TSC?

The Ombudsman can help if the problem is with USCIS. He has already done his job by identifying NC delays as a severe problem. In this case the problem is with FBI. Instead of spamming the ombudsman, write to your congressman to make the FBI clean up its act. That will have a much bigger impact. Other things you can do - join the namechecktracker yahoogroup and donate to the American Families United, who is lobbying for namecheck reform.

CIS Ombudsman is aware of the problem of NC delay, but it won't hurt if every NC victim to add more 'straws' to their concern, one extra complain may creat a difference, you never know.

i don;t know but VSC was very backlogged compared to CSC. so i expect more cases transfered to tsc than cases transfered to NSC.

GYC, antonio,
There are 20,000 cases that have been transferred from the VSC to the TSC. I got this number from my congressperson's constituent services director.

congratulations gc2006usa!!
Finally 485 for both primary and spouse have been approved. Some information on my cases might be helpful to others in this forum.

* I-140/485 concurrent filing.
* I-140 was pending for more than 8 months, then converted to PP and it was approved in just 3 days under PP processing
* Dec 06 – Initiated inquiry and got response “pending for security check, there is no timeframe when it will be done”
* Contacted Sen. D. Durbin (IL) on Mar 18. Senator’s office inquired (emailed) TSC on Mar 20th. TSC replied on Mar 29th that they sent RFE on 3/27 and these cases will be completed once they receive RFE response from me. Sen. Durbin sent me a letter and also copy of email with TSC
* RFE was on TB Skin test for both primary and spouse
* RFE received by TSC on Apr 13th.
* Approved – Apr 25th, 2007

This is great forum and hope your 485s will be approved soon. Good luck everyone on your 485s.

namecheck initiation in feb 07 eventhough my RD is july 06

Just spoke to TSC rep using POJ
guy told me that my namecheck initiated in Feb 14, 2007
i was shocked becoz my RD is july 2006 and completed my FPs in Sept 06
i asked him why they initiated in 2007 instead of Sept 2006, he doesnt know what to answer,

is there anyone in similar boat?

really depressed for this news, this namecheck is killing me like anything

i asked him why they initiated in 2007 instead of Sept 2006, he doesnt know what to answer,

call again TSC or even take an infopass as soon as possible and try to inquire again. sometimes the officers don't know what they r looking for or doing. the namecheck is usually initiated 1 to 2 weeks after your RD.

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw this kind of message before saying that if your name check result does not come back in a reasaonable time, USCIS may reinitiate another name check. Because I remember one guy waiting for the GC for a long time and finally ask for senator/congressman or FL's help. In the mail from FBI stated that his case is pending because he has two name check initiated. The first one is cleared, and the 2nd one is pending. Somehow the first one result does not come back to USCIS and is still shows NC pending.
This sounds really scary. They could have made this system works better, not like an untractable black hole and needs some politian to interfere with it.

This is probably a second name check initiated....and I hope for your sake that it is not.

I read somewhere that USCIS sometimes initiates more that one namecheck.

I would recommend that you take an info pass appt, also initiate an inquiry with uscis and then write to your senator/congressman/first lady.

I am not sure that they initiate name check within 1-2 weeks after RD. Cause it appears that they did mine on 9/29. 3 months after my RD.

It seems USCIS uses some adhoc procedure to determine whose applications should be sent for namecheck and when.

However I do agree with you that zzzz4zzzz should try and confirm if the info he got from this officer is valid. It is really frustrating.

call again TSC or even take an infopass as soon as possible and try to inquire again. sometimes the officers don't know what they r looking for or doing. the namecheck is usually initiated 1 to 2 weeks after your RD.

Thanks everyone

I feel the pain of those who are waiting on NC black hole. I went through similar experience when I applied H1B visa back in 2002 in my home country. It took me 6 months to get the visa stamped on my passport. I was told by US Consular repeatedly that they could not put visa stamp until they get security clearance. I was out of USA for 6 months and on leave of absence for 4 months. Good thing is - I got my job back when I came back to USA.

Hope you guys will get your NC cleared soon.

Just spoke to TSC rep using POJ method, the guy says namecheck got cleared. He says I should hear something in 60 days. I know couple people here got the same answer. I don't believe the guy. Is there anyway I can confirm?

I am tired of playing waiting game. I already spent half of my life here and started GC process in 2000 and I am still nowhere.

Thanks phc,antanio77,imcdude and bygdsrc for your suggestions

actually i did info last 2 weeks back and he also told me the same that this is my 2nd namecheck initiated

this is my 2nd 485 application, 1st 485 i applied in sept 2004 and my 485 got denied due to employer fruad, then i got another labor and applied in july 2006
dont know why they initiated in feb 2007 instead of sept 2006

in infopass, cust rep told me that maybe first namecheck was initiated 2 years back and it will be good for only 18 months, then once again they'll initiate itseems

no one cleary give information about my case, really depressed man

This is probably a second name check initiated....and I hope for your sake that it is not.

I read somewhere that USCIS sometimes initiates more that one namecheck.

I would recommend that you take an info pass appt, also initiate an inquiry with uscis and then write to your senator/congressman/first lady.

Dont worry man. It will be ok. As a fellow victim of Name Check, I can totally understand your frustration.

Get your FOIPA done and write to the First Lady with a copy of the FOIPA. Explain the situation thoroughly.

Thanks phc,antanio77,imcdude and bygdsrc for your suggestions

actually i did info last 2 weeks back and he also told me the same that this is my 2nd namecheck initiated

this is my 2nd 485 application, 1st 485 i applied in sept 2004 and my 485 got denied due to employer fruad, then i got another labor and applied in july 2006
dont know why they initiated in feb 2007 instead of sept 2006

in infopass, cust rep told me that maybe first namecheck was initiated 2 years back and it will be good for only 18 months, then once again they'll initiate itseems

no one cleary give information about my case, really depressed man

Sample letter to Ombudsman' office

I drafted this letter FYI:

From reading your annual report, we found that you are
well aware of the name check backlog issue at FBI,
which have seriously hurt many lawful immigrants'
confidence in the government's fairness and
efficiency.

As "victims" of the "infamous" FBI name check process,
we are willing to pay $5000 if they can expedite the
name check. Please note that we are NOT seeking a
favorable decision, but a fair one, just in
reasonable time. We are certain there are other
applicants who share the same thoughts. Then why not
allow a premium service for name check at FBI, it is a
paid for service anyway. This will creat additional,
maybe substantial, revenue for the FBI name check
division, which in turn will make the whole system
more efficient and accountable.

What bothers us is that everyone knows it is a
problem, but no one brings up a solution to this
problem, for so long.

Thank you for your consideration.

delay in posting processing dates

this is consistant with my previous theory that i posted earlier today about the delay in posting the processing times. it is from immigration-law.com

04/25/2007: Why No Processing Times Updating by USCIS? What is Cooking There!?

The USCIS has been reporting the processing times of immigration benefits applications and petitions quite frequently in the past, never longer than one month. The USCIS has last updated its report on March 15, 2007. Obviously, H-1B processing is so irregular and the agency may not have any correct timeline to show to the public. What about other proceedings? Lately, we see substantial delays in employment-based applications and petitions. Where is Bush's six-month processing times commitment? Or this is unique phenomena in transition to the so-called Phase III Bi-Specialization or electronization? Rumor mills keep running faster and faster. We hope to see the processing time report update as soon as possible.

we are willing to pay $5000 if they can expedite the
name check.

If you're the only one signing the letter, replace "we" with "I". You don't speak for everybody. I for one don't want to pay $5000 extra for something which doesn't even guarantee me a greencard.

The "we" refers to my wife and I, (we both signed the letter)

not you or anyone who does not share the same thoughts. You can ignor the draft also, this draft is only for someone who is willing to do the same. Anyone with reasonable wisdom can tell this figure is exagerated and eye-catching only.... who will actually think FBI is going to charge $5k for premium service. Trust me, if they do, I am willing to pay... that is the only thing that hinders my card. With GC in hand, I can make a lot more than I do now.

Again, this may not be for you.

If you're the only one signing the letter, replace "we" with "I". You don't speak for everybody. I for one don't want to pay $5000 extra for something which doesn't even guarantee me a greencard.

not you or anyone who does not share the same thoughts. You can ignor the draft also, this draft is only for someone who is willing to do the same. Anyone with reasonable wisdom can tell this figure is exagerated and eye-catching only.... who will actually think FBI is going to charge $5k for premium service. Trust me, if they do, I am willing to pay... that is the only thing that hinders my card. With GC in hand, I can make a lot more than I do now.

Again, this may not be for you.

I am with you. I will probably send something like your draft by weekend. I might not specify any fee amount though. For me the purpose of sending such a thing is that let them know that this is an option, if they have not thought about it themselves. As I said previously, even if this does not change anything, it is at least a try which is worthwhile. Somebody will hear our voice and even if he/she does not care at the first glance, he/she will have it at the back of his/her mind and next time that somebody else sends such a thing, ours will be recalled.