TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Tsc I-485 14oct2006.

Interesting that they updated the site today but the update date posted is April 18. Looks like they bought some time in trying to figure out the impact of processing times on the flood of I-485s. Very clever. For now, the dates moved one month, but Nebraska has fallen behind it seems. It will be very interesting to see the next update, which will probably not happen for another month - because by then the impact of the flood will have to be factored in... but they'll probably figure out some other reporting trick.

SRC# for case transferred from VSC to TSC

I am new to this thread and this is my first post. My 485 was transferred from VSC to TSC on 03/07. I only have the EAC# but a SRC#. If I want to dial TSC using POJ, if it is still working, what I should put in for SRC#? the EAC#?

BTW, is the POJ still working?

Thanks

I am new to this thread and this is my first post. My 485 was transferred from VSC to TSC on 03/07. I only have the EAC# but a SRC#. If I want to dial TSC using POJ, if it is still working, what I should put in for SRC#? the EAC#?

BTW, is the POJ still working?

Thanks
Yes, POJ still works. If you enter your EAC number, it redirects you to the TSC. We don't have SRC numbers, your EAC number takes you now to Texas.

Yes, POJ still works. If you enter your EAC number, it redirects you to the TSC. We don't have SRC numbers, your EAC number takes you now to Texas.

BTW KC, have you ever asked TSC if your NC has been cleared? Your answer will be helpful since we have very close RD/ND on 485.

CIS Ombudsman's office reply letter

Received CIS Ombudsman's office reply letter today. (Replied in just a week!) Here is part of their response:

"Thank you for your comments on the CIS Ombudsman's Priorities for Fiscal
Year 2007. As you discuss below, delays due to FBI name checks may be
the single biggest obstacle to the timely and efficient delivery of
immigration services. We are continuing to work with USCIS, Department
of Homeland Security leadership, and the FBI to try to improve this
process. I will pass along your suggestion regarding a fee for more
timely processing."

In the letter, there is also mentioning to inquire on our behalf in terms of name check delay. (Surprise!!! We did not even ask for their intervention, just a good proposal to help solve the problem) CIS Ombudsman rocks!!!

I posted my draft letter yesterday on this board. Only those who share my feeling and ideas feel free to copy and edit them and mail to USCIS Ombudsman's office. But I am not sure if they will provide help if so many people do the same thing... guess we were the first one who mailed them a suggestion without asking for specific help.

richshi, I am very glad to hear that. Thank you for posting the reply here.

Received CIS Ombudsman's office reply letter today. (Replied in just a week!) Here is part of their response:

timely processing."

In the letter, there is also mentioning to inquire on our behalf in terms of name check delay. (Surprise!!! We did not even ask for their intervention, just a good proposal to help solve the problem) CIS Ombudsman rocks!!!

I posted my draft letter yesterday on this board. Only those who share my feeling and ideas feel free to copy and edit them and mail to USCIS Ombudsman's office. But I am not sure if they will provide help if so many people do the same thing... guess we were the first one who mailed them a suggestion without asking for specific help.

good work richshi

timely processing."

For those who want to follow my lead

You should edit my draft (as posted below), not only copy it, to fit your situation, in order for it to be effective. I don't want to take advantage of the Ombudsman office's good intention.

Again, I'd appreciate if you could be more creative. I thought the person who started the letter to the First Lady deserve an award for being creative. But if people start to abuse the assistance provided by good government officials (only too few of them), then it will render them ineffective.

I hope people can understand my concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Info

Hi, can some one tell me, receiving receipt date means priority date validation is performed?

Also whether employer or attorney or both who will receive priority date notice?

How long it will take to receive FP notice after receipt date?

I'll appreciate any info.

thanks

Here is the basic draft of my letter

This draft is posted ONLY for those who share the same ideas, and willing to sacrifice their privacy to help all background check victims---

"Respected Ombudsman:

From reading your annual report, we found that you are
well aware of the name check backlog issue at FBI,
which have seriously hurt many lawful immigrants'
confidence in the government's fairness and
efficiency.

As "victims" of the "infamous" FBI name check process,
we are willing to pay $5000 (this number is eye-catching, you may not want to be sepcific on the $) if they can expedite the
name check. Please note that we are NOT seeking a
favorable decision, but a fair one, just in
reasonable time. We are certain there are other
applicants who share the same thoughts. Then why not
allow a premium service for name check at FBI, it is a
paid for service anyway. This will creat additional,
maybe substantial, revenue for the FBI name check
division, which in turn will make the whole system
more efficient and accountable.

What bothers us is that everyone knows it is a
problem, but no one brings up a solution to this
problem, for so long.

Thank you for your consideration."

Good luck!

This draft is posted ONLY for those who share the same ideas, and willing to sacrifice their privacy to help all background check victims---

"Respected Ombudsman:

From reading your annual report, we found that you are
well aware of the name check backlog issue at FBI,
which have seriously hurt many lawful immigrants'
confidence in the government's fairness and
efficiency.

As "victims" of the "infamous" FBI name check process,
we are willing to pay $5000 (this number is eye-catching, you may not want to be sepcific on the $) if they can expedite the
name check. Please note that we are NOT seeking a
favorable decision, but a fair one, just in
reasonable time. We are certain there are other
applicants who share the same thoughts. Then why not
allow a premium service for name check at FBI, it is a
paid for service anyway. This will creat additional,
maybe substantial, revenue for the FBI name check
division, which in turn will make the whole system
more efficient and accountable.

What bothers us is that everyone knows it is a
problem, but no one brings up a solution to this
problem, for so long.

Thank you for your consideration."

Good luck!

richshi,

Did you email this to them or sent out a hard copy snail mail ? Also, do you have to mention your case details as well in the letter or is it simply this draft as a suggestion ?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spoke to TSC rep using POJ
guy told me that my namecheck initiated in Feb 14, 2007
i was shocked becoz my RD is july 2006 and completed my FPs in Sept 06
i asked him why they initiated in 2007 instead of Sept 2006, he doesnt know what to answer,

is there anyone in similar boat?

really depressed for this news, this namecheck is killing me like anything

Hi zzzz4zzzz,

My husband and I filed 140/485 in Sep 2005. First FP in OCt 2005, I40 approved in March 2006, 485 transferred to TSC in March 2006. Only one LUD in between .
2nd FP April 2007. Today we got the approval in e-mail.

I dont know anything about NC. I used to keep reading about it on this forum but my husband did not want me to write to senators etc. So we just kept waiting.

This forum is great tho' I dont normally post but I have learnt one thing -- the only certain thing is that nothing is certain.

Hope you get the NC cleared soon.

srr

When is the last time we saw an approval????

I remember seeing other people's approvals until like this February, but, now, it seems that we don't even have any approval for this entire month!!! Does anyone in this thread remember any recent approval from TSC?

I remember seeing other people's approvals until like this February, but, now, it seems that we don't even have any approval for this entire month!!! Does anyone in this thread remember any recent approval from TSC?

See my sig. There were a few recent 2005 approvals from NSC too. Maybe the FBI's clearing out the 2005 backlog?