TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I'd like to see everyone take tangible actions to help

themselves and other fellow "victims" stuck in the NC backlog (familiar word, people just out of the DOL black hole?).

In stead of quibbling on this board what should be done, what should not be done, for your own sake, just do something.

themselves and other fellow "victims" stuck in the NC backlog (familiar word, people just out of the DOL black hole?).

In stead of quibbling on this board what should be done, what should not be done, for your own sake, just do something.

Agree. I spent 4 years in DOL Backlog.

Fortunately I-140 was very quick - 42 days.

And now I-485 is 9 months and counting. I hope it is not a 4 year story.

.....With GC in hand, I can make a lot more than I do now.

Some of my friends stayed with Indian body shop companies for 6 - 7 years to
get GC.
After they got GC they jumped ship ( after 6 months ) and got better salaries ( for eg. the guy who was getting $85K per annum upgraded to $120
K per annum ).

Aaah , the beauties of GC. Slurp....

FBI name check method unreasonable

I did analysis of the FBI name check victim list in http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html . There are more than 2500 input. Consist of around 1% of the total FBI name check backlog from USCIS.
I found around 50% of FBI name check victims are Chinese.
The four largest population with last name "Wang", "Li", "Zhang" and "Liu" in China are also the four largest population of Chinese FBI name check victims.
"Wang", "Li", "Zhang" and "Liu" consist of 7%, 7%, 6% and 5% respectfully of Chinese population. They also consist of the same percent in the Chinese FBI name check victims.
Considering Chinese applicants only consist of 7% of total EB , FB I485 applicants and naturalization applicants, the chance of Chinese applicant stuck in FBI name check is 7x that of other applicants. FBI report 10% names from USCIS stuck in FBI name check delay. The chance of Chinese applicants stuck in FBI name check is around 70%. It consents with my observation in TSC I485 tracker. It is really a bad news for Chinese applicants.
FBI name check method is highly unfavorable Chinese applicants. FBI search applicant's Last name, Middle name and first name with around clock method, and people with birthday in same year.
Chinese people stuck more in FBI name check mainly for three reasons. The first reason is United States still consider China as an unfriendly country.
The second reason is Chinese applicants don't have middle name,
Using around clock search method will end up search people with same last name. The third reason is china has a large population. People born in same year with last name "Wang" in the world are more than one million, any person with last name "Wang" appear in FBI files will result in a name check "hit".
Considering the purpose of FBI name check is to fill out terrors and Chinese are not terrors, FBI name check method really defeats the purpose of FBI name check.
I think this is one of the reasons FBI don't want to give congress and public the FBI name check backlog number with country origin. FBI really need to fix their name check search method.

$5000 is too much. We pay taxes very every year. They need to fix the name check system. Money is not the only issue.

Wtf!?

CSC -> NSC -> CSC??? Seriously? Any idea why they sent it back to CSC right away?

Also, NC pending since Aug 2003? Did you try anything with it? It's undoubtedly a very strong case.

$5000 is too much. We pay taxes very every year. They need to fix the name check system. Money is not the only issue.

CSC -> NSC -> CSC??? Seriously? Any idea why they sent it back to CSC right away?

Also, NC pending since Aug 2003? Did you try anything with it? It's undoubtedly a very strong case.

Man, I know people who have been pending namecheck since 2001 !

It's sad you have to suffer so much because of where you were born. Ask all those from India stuck due to retrogression. And all this in "sweet land of liberty".

I did analysis of the FBI name check victim list in http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html . There are more than 2500 input. Consist of around 1% of the total FBI name check backlog from USCIS.
The four largest population with last name "Wang", "Li", "Zhang" and "Liu" in China are also the four largest population of Chinese FBI name check victims.
"Wang", "Li", "Zhang" and "Liu" consist of 7%, 7%, 6% and 5% respectfully of Chinese population. They also consist of the same percent in the Chinese FBI name check victims.
Considering Chinese applicants only consist of 7% of total EB , FB I485 applicants and naturalization applicants, the chance of Chinese applicant stuck in FBI name check is 7x that of other applicants. FBI report 10% names from USCIS stuck in FBI name check delay. The chance of Chinese applicants stuck in FBI name check is around 70%. It consents with my observation in TSC I485 tracker. It is really a bad news for Chinese applicants.
FBI name check method is highly unfavorable Chinese applicants. FBI search applicant's Last name, Middle name and first name with around clock method, and people with birthday in same year.
Chinese people stuck more in FBI name check mainly for three reasons. The first reason is United States still consider China as an unfriendly country.
Using around clock search method will end up search people with same last name. The third reason is china has a large population. People born in same year with last name "Wang" in the world are more than one million, any person with last name "Wang" appear in FBI files will result in a name check "hit".
Considering the purpose of FBI name check is to fill out terrors and Chinese are not terrors, FBI name check method really defeats the purpose of FBI name check.
I think this is one of the reasons FBI don't want to give congress and public the FBI name check backlog number with country origin. FBI really need to fix their name check search method.

I am in the same boat as all of you.... stuck in name.

Quick question regarding travelling. My husband travelled using his AP.
Now I am the primary on our application and I have an H1. Can I travel with my H1 ???

X.

Hi,

How much time the adjudicating officer might take to make decision on 485 application after (s)he gets our files? Any idea. Please post your response.

Thanks.

My Details:

EB-1EA I-140 AD: Feb. 26, 2007 (primary) TSC
EB-2 niw I-140 AD: Feb. 28, 2007 (primary) VSC
I-485 filed with EB-2 NIW for me and spouse: Sep. 2005
FP done (for both): Oct. 2005

worriedEngineer

What do you mean round clock? does FBI match the birth date if the last name get a hit?

Good research and good post!

I'm from India and even among Indians, I have a very unique first name and last name.

My name is long and difficult and I hated my name, but I thought it would at least make my name check easier.

And guess what, I'm still stuck in name check.

I applied for Canadian PR sometime back (I did not pursue it), I dont know if that has something to do with the delay.

TSC Cust Rep

Just spoke to TSC Cust Rep, she told me info about my Namecheck, she told me that my case is waiting for an adjudication officer, it may take 45 - 60 days to get to Adujicating officer

i waited 1/2 hour, then i called once again TSC, this time also the same REp took my call and she told just now i spoke to you
i said i just want to confirm

is anyone who had similar experience?

Just spoke to TSC rep using POJ
guy told me that my namecheck initiated in Feb 14, 2007
i was shocked becoz my RD is july 2006 and completed my FPs in Sept 06
i asked him why they initiated in 2007 instead of Sept 2006, he doesnt know what to answer,

is there anyone in similar boat?

really depressed for this news, this namecheck is killing me like anything

Labor Certification Upgrade

I have a question.

A friend applied for Labor Certification under Perm and got approved in December. He has not a Master Degree but has more than 10 years of experience and that could qualify him as EB-2. However, Perm was filed requesting only 2 years of exeperience and therefore he is under EB-3. Can he upgrade to EB-2 if he proves he has more than 10 years of experience?

Thanks,

Just spoke to TSC Cust Rep, she told me info about my Namecheck, she told me that my case is waiting for an adjudication officer, it may take 45 - 60 days to get to Adujicating officer

i waited 1/2 hour, then i called once again TSC, this time also the same REp took my call and she told just now i spoke to you
i said i just want to confirm

is anyone who had similar experience?

Why would you call the TSC twice in the same day, especially if they gave you information the first time? Unneccessary calls like these are very likely to irritate them, which is why they have become unresponsive of late. Consider yourself lucky that you got someone who was able to provide you with positive information.

Name Check is like a black box now, nobody outside of the box knows what is going on in there; unfortunately, the FBI doesn't know either (rant!). Just from the fact that the only purpose of NC is for security reasons and the current processing and delay of NC totally defeats that purpose, it is not difficult to see that something is completely wrong.

So what WorriedEngineer meant was a question of probability. If you have a common Chinese last name, it is more likely that you will be stuck in NC. If you have a long and unique Indian name, well, it is still possible, as shown in many cases. Also FBI indicated that they use parts of a person's name or a different combination to run the search as well, which is scary.

The bottom line, nobody can figure out why they are stuck or predict whether they will be. Yet it is common for people to wonder whether something they did before triggered it. It is not worth it, totally not worth it! Even if you lived a extremely quiet life and didn't do much of anything in the past ten years, you may still get stuck simply because someone else with a close enough name is on that list. So fight it as much as you can, but go on with your normal life and do whatever is good to your family. For me, I think my sacrifices are already more than what the green card is worth to me, honestly.

Yesterday when i called TSC they told me that my namecheck initiated twice and that too on Feb 2007 eventhough my PD is july 2006
someone from our forum only told me to call once again , that's why i called

they gave all cok and bull info, read my post on page 288
Why would you call the TSC twice in the same day, especially if they gave you information the first time? Unneccessary calls like these are very likely to irritate them, which is why they have become unresponsive of late. Consider yourself lucky that you got someone who was able to provide you with positive information.

Good research and good post!

I'm from India and even among Indians, I have a very unique first name and last name.

My name is long and difficult and I hated my name, but I thought it would at least make my name check easier.

And guess what, I'm still stuck in name check.

I applied for Canadian PR sometime back (I did not pursue it), I dont know if that has something to do with the delay.

Name Check is not only a "word matching" game. If your experiences fall into certain category, i.e. working in sensitive area, you may be automatically stuck in Name check.