TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I don't know if this gives you any help and I certainly wish yours comes through fast, but my second EAD took them close to 3 months to approve. I e-filed and went to FP in 24 days. There was a LUD right after that and then another one immediately before the message changing to 'card is ordered'. Then another one saying 'the approval notice is mailed'.

I was as frustrated like you. You will be fine and get approval soon. This whole GC process is very frustrating and requires too much patience.

Thanks you for the kindness!

Those USCIS officers might not know very well about the new rule. Bring the internal memo document during infopass and show it USCIS officer. It should make difference. Don't wait till 90 days, the new rule says USCIS "must" adjundicate EAD case at Day 70. You should go for infopass at Day 71 to request for expedite. And that's your right, don't let it sleep.

Thanks, Bystander6! I hope I will not wait for such long. I will do that by 71 days if I unfortunately have to..

foipa, is freedom of privacy act. go to fbi website and search for it. u will find forms called foia and privacy act. fill both of them and send them to the fbi adress mentioned there. u don;t have to pay anything. send them by mail with a letter if u like and in 3 weeks or so u will get back a letter from fbi about the foipa results. hopefully it will say that u r name is clear and no record. foipa is a proof that there is nothing on ur name. it is close to namecheck.

Hi dear, you confused me. I thought I only need file one form 'privacy act' I need to signe and mail it to the FBI. Why you say there are two? According to Lianghn's link, the other one is just an instruction not a form.

Got the standard Response for my enquiry on March 16th.

This case is taking more than normal time blah blah...
If you dont hear back from us within 6 months contact us again.

However I have not seen any LUDs on my application like others got when they received their letters. Not reading much into that. Just FYI.

Me too. I got LUd on 1/24/2007 because of one inquery. In March, I got a letter like yours because I called them again in March, but no Lud this time just a letter with standard answer.

Why did they send you this letter? did you make inquery recently?

Yes, I called USCIS last month.

Thanks you for the kindness!

You are welcome. I am EB2 from china too. I feel yours, 2getGc's and mine are very similar cases and timing. My PD is 8/2003 and 485 RD is 5/1/2006. Maybe my name is too common, or maybe it's slow for people from china, but I hope you two get approval soon. Then I know mine will be right around the corner. Let's keep posting on any progress.

hi, fellow Chinese, see my signature

There are quite a few fellow Chinese here whose cases have way crossed the 180 days threshold, including myself. For those who inquired in January and again in March, what did the first response letter say (the 2nd letter pointed to background check unfinished)?

I did my inquiry in Feb, got the letter (dated 3/21, conincidentaly my EAD renewal was received by TSC that same day) saying 'additional review is needed, therefore don't bother us for another 60 days, call us again if you don't hear from us within 60 days' .... I wonder what they are gonna say again after 60 days?

If you applied 90 days before your current EAD expiration date, you should be fine.

You can work as long as you have applied. My husband's EAD expired on 6 DEc2006 and he applied on 2 Dec. He got new EAD on 19th Jan 2007 and he was working all the time.

srr

I notice from all your signatures that you have an LUD the day after your FP. My husband and I had a FP on 4/17. so far no LUD. What should we do??

You can work as long as you have applied. My husband's EAD expired on 6 DEc2006 and he applied on 2 Dec. He got new EAD on 19th Jan 2007 and he was working all the time.

srr

I believe he is a lucky guy. Right now, I am waiting 30 days, no approval yet.

srr

It is a matter of info in I-9 that need to be filed to employer. If audit comes, USCIS will find out unauthorized working period which might lead to some trouble. It rarely happened but could. Please make sure you have authorization to work anytime during your employment. It is better to play at safe side.

There are quite a few fellow Chinese here whose cases have way crossed the 180 days threshold, including myself. For those who inquired in January and again in March, what did the first response letter say (the 2nd letter pointed to background check unfinished)?

I did my inquiry in Feb, got the letter (dated 3/21, conincidentaly my EAD renewal was received by TSC that same day) saying 'additional review is needed, therefore don't bother us for another 60 days, call us again if you don't hear from us within 60 days' .... I wonder what they are gonna say again after 60 days?

No. They just say my case is still pending. Frankly speaking, I did not pay too much attention to it. It is a standard response.

Proof of 35 percent pending more than a year

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOmbudsman_AnnualReport_2006.pdf

Some types of background and security checks return results within a few days and do
not significantly prolong USCIS processing times or hinder backlog reduction goals. However,
while the overall percentage of long-pending cases is small, as of May 2006, USCIS reported
235,802 FBI name checks pending, with approximately 65 percent (153,166) of those cases
pending more than 90 days and approximately 35 percent (82,824) pending more than one year.43

In November 2005, based on earlier data, the DHS IG reported that FBI name checks take more
than a month to complete for six percent of submissions and more than six months to complete
for one percent of submissions.44 The longer time is required because the FBI must conduct a
manual review of its files to verify that the applicant is actually the subject of an FBI file. This
review can include the FBI reporting on fragments of names on people who are not necessarily
central or directly related to a case.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOmbudsman_AnnualReport_2006.pdf

Some types of background and security checks return results within a few days and do
not significantly prolong USCIS processing times or hinder backlog reduction goals. However,
while the overall percentage of long-pending cases is small, as of May 2006, USCIS reported
235,802 FBI name checks pending, with approximately 65 percent (153,166) of those cases
pending more than 90 days and approximately 35 percent (82,824) pending more than one year.43

In November 2005, based on earlier data, the DHS IG reported that FBI name checks take more
than a month to complete for six percent of submissions and more than six months to complete
for one percent of submissions.44 The longer time is required because the FBI must conduct a
manual review of its files to verify that the applicant is actually the subject of an FBI file. This
review can include the FBI reporting on fragments of names on people who are not necessarily
central or directly related to a case.

this is 35 % out of the pending cases but not the submitted cases. there is a difference. so the actual number is much less than 35 % according to this statistics. u have to divide the 153000 number (case pending more than 1 yr) by 1.6 submitted applications

I notice from all your signatures that you have an LUD the day after your FP. My husband and I had a FP on 4/17. so far no LUD.

Do we need top call TSC or what?

Grateful for any replies.

I notice from all your signatures that you have an LUD the day after your FP. My husband and I had a FP on 4/17. so far no LUD.

I did not have any LUD after FP. You can try to call USCIS to confirm that the FP showed up on your record.

There are some people who have not seen LUDs after fingerprint.
So I dont think there is anything to worry.
You can give a call to USCIS and if you are lucky, you might get a friendly customer service rep, who will answer your question.

I hope mine is approved....

My Details:
Priority Date: EB2: 05/2002
I-140 Filed 06/05/2006 - Approved 06/2006
I-485 Filed 06/05/2006 -
Finger Printing completed 06/25/2006

I received a letter from TSC saying that "We are unable to complete the card with the documents initially submitted. A complete I-89 with photos is required to complete the processing"

What is this I 89. I didn't find much information about this online. I thought this form is only used by INS offices when I-485 is approved. Does it mean mine is already approved?