TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I've got excited today because my LUD has been changed. But it's not a approval yet, it is just a RFE.

What are the common RFEs for 485?

USCIS agents have confirmed that my FP and NC are cleared already, and my application is waiting to be assigned to a officer, so hopefully after theis RFE the process will speed up a little bit :)

most RFe are about birth certificate, employment verification letters, MArriage certificate or I 94 copy or copies of some passport' pages. what do you think from this is not available in your I485 package that you sent to TSC?

by the way, did you initiate an inquiry about your case and when?

I've got excited today because my LUD has been changed. But it's not a approval yet, it is just a RFE.

What are the common RFEs for 485?

USCIS agents have confirmed that my FP and NC are cleared already, and my application is waiting to be assigned to a officer, so hopefully after theis RFE the process will speed up a little bit :)

Check my signature, chances are that you get approved in a couple of month.

You would have been right if you had said "more than one third world-wide 485 cases whose NC are pending" instead of more than one third world-wide 485 cases. See the difference?

Since every 485 case has to go through NC, therefore there is no difference between "world-wide 485 cases whose NC are pending" and "world-wide 485 cases". Some case may be pending less than 24 hours.

I got a letter from FBI yesterday and saying both my and my husband's name check have been cleared. Any one knows how long we still need to wait until we get the approval notice?

I wrote to First lady on Feb, 2007. Our name checks have been pending since May, 2006.

Thanks a lot and hope this can help some people.

I got a letter from FBI yesterday and saying both my and my husband's name check have been cleared. Any one knows how long we still need to wait until we get the approval notice?

I wrote to First lady on Feb, 2007. Our name checks have been pending since May, 2006.

That is very good sign! How come the FBI sent you a letter to let you know they finished their part? What did you send to First Lady, just letter or along with some other documents? Could you share your letter with us? My I485 RD is 5/15/2006 very close to yours.

this is great. what does the fbi letter says exactly? can u write it here or scan it please?

when in february you send the letter to first lady? i sent mine in 20 february, so i would like to see when i should hear back.

did u ever heard back from first lady office?

That is very good sign! How come the FBI sent you a letter to let you know they finished their part? What did you send to First Lady, just letter or along with some other documents? Could you share your letter with us? My I485 RD is 5/15/2006 very close to yours.

Hi, The letter I wrote to first lady is a quite simple letter and I got the template from here and changed a little based on our own situation. I also include a FOIPA result I got from FBI. That's it. I can share the template if you need.
Do you know how long we have to wait again now?

The old rule allowed EAD applicant to get interim EAD after pending for 90 days. The new rule will allow EAD applicant to get interim EAD if RFE was received. However, I am not sure if the interim EAD is issued by local USCIS office or Service Center.

Thanks Bystander6! What I understand is the new rule is the local office will not issue any interim EAD anymore, but they will help you call the NBC or Service Centers to notify them your case is beyond 90 days, and local office will get response in 30 minutes according the memo you sent to me. Then you may get interim card issued by NBC or Service Centers.

However, if you look at the other link about EAD, you will find that people went to local office (just recently) when their case is beyond 90 days and local office did not do any thing about interim card, just told them they do not issue interim card anymore. It is very confusing!!

Hi, The letter I wrote to first lady is a quite simple letter and I got the template from here and changed a little based on our own situation. I also include a FOIPA result I got from FBI. That's it. I can share the template if you need.

You should feel better when you get this letter from FBI because you know that you already passed the difficult point. You should get approval very soon because there is no reason to delay anymore, plus your PD is 2003 which is also very old now. BTW, my PD is also very similar to yours, 10/2003.

Could you please share your template and please tell me what is "FOIPA" and where you got it. I may do something like you ...

Good luck!

When you send letter to First lady?

I wrote a letter to first lay on Feb 25, 2007. I have not heard anything yet.

[this is great. what does the fbi letter says exactly? can u write it here or scan it please?]

sorry, I don't have the letter here with me, but it basically said that our name check have been processed and finalized on 4/5/07.

[when in february you send the letter to first lady? i sent mine in 20 february, so i would like to see when i should hear back.]

Feb, 5, 2007

{did u ever heard back from first lady office?]
No.

If I recall correctly, you asked help from congress man too, right? Does it help, or I just have a wrong memory.

Attached is the letter and information I got from this thread.
Many thanks to the people who wrote this and sorry I forgot your name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I
a) Contact elected representative?
Go to your elected representative’s web site (www.senate.gov; www.house.gov; or Google with your city name). Download their ‘privacy disclosure’ form, fill it and sign it. Attach it along with your request letter and fax it to them. If they have an office in your place, personally meet them and explain the situation.

b) Who is better? Senator or house-representative? It doesn’t matter for a status inquiry with the FBI. Try to go with the one who is relatively more friendly.

8. If I am stuck in name check what do I do???
a. Request a FOIPA report from FBI. Go to FBI website
(http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.pdf). Read instructions and Click Privacy act request form. ( http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf ). Fill this form, sign it and mail it (DO NOT FAX IT, FBI needs a signed original copy). Also include other information like previous addresses etc in a separate sheet.
Mail it to:
David M. Hardy

Section Chief

Records/Information Dissemination Section

Records Management Division, FBI

Washington, D.C. 20535
b. Request your elected representative for expediting the name check (normally they just do a status inquiry. But if you have any contacts in their office or a strong case then you can request them to do this. Actually they can help on this matter if they want to.

c. What do I write in the request letter?

(Here is a template:
Dear------ (sir, committee members, senator etc)
I am writing this mail requesting your assistance in resolving my pending Security clearance with regards to my Adjustment of status petition with USCIS.
I am a working as a …….. at the xxxx University. I have been working in ------- laboratory in the Department of ---- since January 2000. I am a citizen of (country) and my area of specialization is ----. Over the past -- years, I have been involved in several federally funded research projects including ------ that are mainly focused on the -------in the USA.
(Employer’s name) filed employment based immigration petition on my behalf in ----
(Under xxx category, EB--) with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for permanent residency in the US. The application (I140 petition) was subsequently approved in ---. My adjustment of status petition (I485) is still pending with USCIS, because of pending Security Check (background check) from the FBI.
My FOIPA request to Mr. David M. Hardy’s office of FBI showed ‘ NO RECORDS in file’. I have never involved in any criminal/unlawful activities either in the USA or in (home country). Since my arrival in the USA on ----, I have maintained my legal Status throughout. In spite of these facts, my security check has been pending at FBI since ---.

I am worried that my adjustment of status petition will be in jeopardy, if there is an undue delay in FBI security clearance. This will adversely affect my employment with (employer name) and as I am actively involved in University’s research efforts, I am unable to apply for several grants that require permanent resident status. In addition, since my wife cannot work till she gets the green card, this delay in processing is causing tremendous financial burden for my family . Considering these, I humbly request your assistance in expediting the pending security clearance from FBI. I am herewith providing all the information with respect to my petition.
I
really appreciate your assistance in this matter. Please contact me at xxxxxx or e-mail -------------, if further information is required.

Thanking you, Sincerely)

Fax your request along with their privacy disclosure statement. Call their office in a couple of days and speak with the concerned person in-charge of immigration.

9. How can I contact FBI directly?
FBI used to respond initially but not anymore. You can e-mail your request
(FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov). Again, they used to respond in 3-6 months earlier. I received response after e-mailing several times. Ask your employer e-mail from their ID. I think the key is how you draft your letter. Explain in your mail the possible reasons that you think might be causing the delay (like un-related FBI enquiry, common name, working in a sensitive laboratory etc)

10. Write to the Records management division (Mr. Hooton’s office), ask your
employer/boss to write to them.

11. Write to Senate Judiciary sub-committee on immigration
http://judiciary.senate.gov/subcommittees/immigration109.cfm

(fax: 202-224-9102) and house judiciary committee (both majority and minority)

http://judiciary.house.gov/

12. Contact your local FBI office http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm and request them
to expedite the name check.

13. What information do I have to include with the request letters?
Type of application, service center, receipt numbers and A#, contact information, DOB
etc (in a separate sheet) and copy of FOIPA report.
DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE.

DO NOT EXPECT FAST RESPONSE FROM ANY AGENCY.

USE GOOGLE SERVICE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!

IF YOU TRY DIFFERENT THINGS, ONE OF THEM WILL PROBABLY
WORK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
When you send letter to First lady?

I wrote a letter to first lay on Feb 25, 2007. I have not heard anything yet.

Hello, 2getgc: I saw your 2nd EAD only took you a short time to get approval. Were you asked to have FP when you renew your 2nd EAD? I am renewing my 2nd EAD, it almost 30 days, they did not ask me to have FP for my 2nd EAD renew. My first EAD is done on 5/30/2006. Maybe I do not need FP because it is still within one year?

It is so frustrated to deal with this stupid system

[this is great. what does the fbi letter says exactly? can u write it here or scan it please?]

sorry, I don't have the letter here with me, but it basically said that our name check have been processed and finalized on 4/5/07.

[when in february you send the letter to first lady? i sent mine in 20 february, so i would like to see when i should hear back.]

Feb, 5, 2007

{did u ever heard back from first lady office?]
No.

ok does the fbi letter mention when fbi received ur letter from first lady office or departemnt of justice?

Attached is the letter and information I got from this thread.
Many thanks to the people who wrote this and sorry I forgot your name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I
a) Contact elected representative?
Go to your elected representative’s web site (www.senate.gov; www.house.gov; or Google with your city name). Download their ‘privacy disclosure’ form, fill it and sign it. Attach it along with your request letter and fax it to them. If they have an office in your place, personally meet them and explain the situation.

b) Who is better? Senator or house-representative? It doesn’t matter for a status inquiry with the FBI. Try to go with the one who is relatively more friendly.

8. If I am stuck in name check what do I do???
a. Request a FOIPA report from FBI. Go to FBI website
(http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.pdf). Read instructions and Click Privacy act request form. ( http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf ). Fill this form, sign it and mail it (DO NOT FAX IT, FBI needs a signed original copy). Also include other information like previous addresses etc in a separate sheet.
Mail it to:
David M. Hardy

Section Chief

Records/Information Dissemination Section

Records Management Division, FBI

Washington, D.C. 20535
b. Request your elected representative for expediting the name check (normally they just do a status inquiry. But if you have any contacts in their office or a strong case then you can request them to do this. Actually they can help on this matter if they want to.

c. What do I write in the request letter?

(Here is a template:
Dear------ (sir, committee members, senator etc)
I am writing this mail requesting your assistance in resolving my pending Security clearance with regards to my Adjustment of status petition with USCIS.
I am a working as a …….. at the xxxx University. I have been working in ------- laboratory in the Department of ---- since January 2000. I am a citizen of (country) and my area of specialization is ----. Over the past -- years, I have been involved in several federally funded research projects including ------ that are mainly focused on the -------in the USA.
(Employer’s name) filed employment based immigration petition on my behalf in ----
(Under xxx category, EB--) with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for permanent residency in the US. The application (I140 petition) was subsequently approved in ---. My adjustment of status petition (I485) is still pending with USCIS, because of pending Security Check (background check) from the FBI.
My FOIPA request to Mr. David M. Hardy’s office of FBI showed ‘ NO RECORDS in file’. I have never involved in any criminal/unlawful activities either in the USA or in (home country). Since my arrival in the USA on ----, I have maintained my legal Status throughout. In spite of these facts, my security check has been pending at FBI since ---.

I am worried that my adjustment of status petition will be in jeopardy, if there is an undue delay in FBI security clearance. This will adversely affect my employment with (employer name) and as I am actively involved in University’s research efforts, I am unable to apply for several grants that require permanent resident status. In addition, since my wife cannot work till she gets the green card, this delay in processing is causing tremendous financial burden for my family . Considering these, I humbly request your assistance in expediting the pending security clearance from FBI. I am herewith providing all the information with respect to my petition.
I
really appreciate your assistance in this matter. Please contact me at xxxxxx or e-mail -------------, if further information is required.

Thanking you, Sincerely)

Fax your request along with their privacy disclosure statement. Call their office in a couple of days and speak with the concerned person in-charge of immigration.

9. How can I contact FBI directly?
FBI used to respond initially but not anymore. You can e-mail your request
(FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov). Again, they used to respond in 3-6 months earlier. I received response after e-mailing several times. Ask your employer e-mail from their ID. I think the key is how you draft your letter. Explain in your mail the possible reasons that you think might be causing the delay (like un-related FBI enquiry, common name, working in a sensitive laboratory etc)

10. Write to the Records management division (Mr. Hooton’s office), ask your
employer/boss to write to them.

11. Write to Senate Judiciary sub-committee on immigration
http://judiciary.senate.gov/subcommittees/immigration109.cfm

(fax: 202-224-9102) and house judiciary committee (both majority and minority)

http://judiciary.house.gov/

12. Contact your local FBI office http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm and request them
to expedite the name check.

13. What information do I have to include with the request letters?
Type of application, service center, receipt numbers and A#, contact information, DOB
etc (in a separate sheet) and copy of FOIPA report.
DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE.

DO NOT EXPECT FAST RESPONSE FROM ANY AGENCY.

USE GOOGLE SERVICE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!

IF YOU TRY DIFFERENT THINGS, ONE OF THEM WILL PROBABLY
WORK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Lianghn-1999! It is very helpful.