TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

any one knows how long we need to wait to get the approval notice? if no RFE needed?
It has been a long and painful journey for me and my family and hope it can end soon.

any one knows how long we need to wait to get the approval notice? if no RFE needed?
It has been a long and painful journey for me and my family and hope it can end soon.

what u should do now is to open an inquiry with TSC. in around 20 to 30 days they should work on ur case. in ur inquiry, tell them that u received the letter from fbi that says ur namecheck has been cleared.

1-another question, did the letter u got from fbi mentions when fbi received the request from first lady?

2-did u send ur letter by regualr mail? and any idea when it was received by white house?

Hello, 2getgc: I saw your 2nd EAD only took you a short time to get approval. Were you asked to have FP when you renew your 2nd EAD? I am renewing my 2nd EAD, it almost 30 days, they did not ask me to have FP for my 2nd EAD renew. My first EAD is done on 5/30/2006. Maybe I do not need FP because it is still within one year?

It is so frustrated to deal with this stupid system

FP will be required only for EAD E-filling. If you sent paper application, you are not required to do FP.

Hi, The letter I wrote to first lady is a quite simple letter and I got the template from here and changed a little based on our own situation. I also include a FOIPA result I got from FBI. That's it. I can share the template if you need.
Do you know how long we have to wait again now?

Hi lianghn-1999, Could you please provide the answer for the following questions:

Why do we ask for FOIPA? What kind of results do you get by asking for FOIPA?

Did you only send this FOIPA to the FBI or along with a letter too?

Be patient, you are almost there!

FP will be required only for EAD E-filling. If you sent paper application, you are not required to do FP.

Thanks, 2getgc! I did paper filing. I hope my EAD will be approved soon like yours. Did you get LUD when you waiting for your 2nd EAD? Were you asked for any REF? I do not have any Lud in my 2nd EAD account, it almost 30 days. The panic is from I do not know how long I need to wait to get my 2nd EAD.

I hope we all 2getgc soon! The nightmare will be gone forever...

Hi lianghn-1999, Could you please provide the answer for the following questions:

Why do we ask for FOIPA? What kind of results do you get by asking for FOIPA?

Did you only send this FOIPA to the FBI or along with a letter too?

Be patient, you are almost there!

foipa, is freedom of privacy act. go to fbi website and search for it. u will find forms called foia and privacy act. fill both of them and send them to the fbi adress mentioned there. u don;t have to pay anything. send them by mail with a letter if u like and in 3 weeks or so u will get back a letter from fbi about the foipa results. hopefully it will say that u r name is clear and no record. foipa is a proof that there is nothing on ur name. it is close to namecheck.

what u should do now is to open an inquiry with TSC. in around 20 to 30 days they should work on ur case. in ur inquiry, tell them that u received the letter from fbi that says ur namecheck has been cleared.

1-another question, did the letter u got from fbi mentions when fbi received the request from first lady?

2-did u send ur letter by regualr mail? and any idea when it was received by white house?

unfortunately, I just opened an inquiry at the begining of April, I propably have to wait for another 60 days.:(

No.

Yes. regular mail.
NO.

Thanks, 2getgc! I did paper filing. I hope my EAD will be approved soon like yours. Did you get LUD when you waiting for your 2nd EAD? Were you asked for any REF? I do not have any Lud in my 2nd EAD account, it almost 30 days. The panic is from I do not know how long I need to wait to get my 2nd EAD.

I don't know if this gives you any help and I certainly wish yours comes through fast, but my second EAD took them close to 3 months to approve. I e-filed and went to FP in 24 days. There was a LUD right after that and then another one immediately before the message changing to 'card is ordered'. Then another one saying 'the approval notice is mailed'.

I was as frustrated like you. You will be fine and get approval soon. This whole GC process is very frustrating and requires too much patience.

Thanks Bystander6! What I understand is the new rule is the local office will not issue any interim EAD anymore, but they will help you call the NBC or Service Centers to notify them your case is beyond 90 days, and local office will get response in 30 minutes according the memo you sent to me. Then you may get interim card issued by NBC or Service Centers.

However, if you look at the other link about EAD, you will find that people went to local office (just recently) when their case is beyond 90 days and local office did not do any thing about interim card, just told them they do not issue interim card anymore. It is very confusing!!

Those USCIS officers might not know very well about the new rule. Bring the internal memo document during infopass and show it USCIS officer. It should make difference. Don't wait till 90 days, the new rule says USCIS "must" adjundicate EAD case at Day 70. You should go for infopass at Day 71 to request for expedite. And that's your right, don't let it sleep.

Only one LUD before approval.

My second EAD is not that fast as my first one. It took 45 days.

I didn't have any feeling I that belong to lucky group in GC application. My 485 had been pending almost one-year.

Need format for Refernce letter

Hello Gccracker,
sometime ago you were mentioning that for degree evaluation a professor's letter could be sufficient. I am also in the same boat having 3 years degree and currently enrolled in MS program. Could you please send me the format of the reference letter. I want to file my I-140 under EB2
Thanks
Rakesh

I didn't have any feeling I that belong to lucky group in GC application. My 485 had been pending almost one-year.

You have LUD in July 2006. It is possible that you case has been pre-adjudicated but waiting for the name check to be cleared...:)

LUDs, FUDs, oh my..

Got a LUD today. Probably just replying to my enquiry saying you're stuck in namecheck. Please wait till your grandchildren grow old...

Got a LUD today. Probably just replying to my enquiry saying you're stuck in namecheck. Please wait till your grandchildren grow old...

I got USCIS letter today. standard reply"decision can not make because your backgroud check is still open.....". however, I didn't have a LUD for this letter. However, I did have a LUD for a letter from USCIS in Janunary.

Somehow, we are very similar. I am in EB2 and from China. I got my 1st EAD in 14 days, but this time almost 30 days past. I am still waiting. I am also waiting for I485. It will be one year by 5/15/2007. Very frastrated...

I got USCIS letter today. standard reply"decision can not make because your backgroud check is still open.....". however, I didn't have a LUD for this letter. However, I did have a LUD for a letter from USCIS in Janunary.

Me too. I got LUd on 1/24/2007 because of one inquery. In March, I got a letter like yours because I called them again in March, but no Lud this time just a letter with standard answer.

Why did they send you this letter? did you make inquery recently?