TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I believe it is the same, however, there are different classes of name check. As far as I know, for most countries, US embassies ask for an Eagle class namecheck which is not very comprehensive or it has a high priority. For some others, they do a regular name check which takes a long time. However, namechecks requrests which come from embassies always have a higher priority compared to those USCIS asks. Even if you see lottery samples, those who win and apply for greencard thru an embassy get processed faster than those who ask for change of status within US.

schehrazi said:
I believe it is the same, however, there are different classes of name check. As far as I know, for most countries, US embassies ask for an Eagle class namecheck which is not very comprehensive or it has a high priority. For some others, they do a regular name check which takes a long time. However, namechecks requrests which come from embassies always have a higher priority compared to those USCIS asks. Even if you see lottery samples, those who win and apply for greencard thru an embassy get processed faster than those who ask for change of status within US.

but for people from 26 mainly arab/muslims countries after 911,any male has to go through the condor visa program which after reading about it seems to go through the fbi namecheck that is used for AOS. so i think for condor, it is the same NC but maybe as u said for consular there is more priority than being inside the usa.

antonioa77 said:
i know a friend from europe amd he got stuck with namecheck. so it is all arbitrary.

It's not literally a namecheck but rather background check by FBI. USCIS officers prefer background check term over namecheck now. And it's not about your name only but many other factors. If you once got a record in FBI computer, don't expect quick resolution on your case. There're many ways to get a record even staying law-abiding and legal.
As for me, I've just taken trip to local INFOPASS and just confirmed that my case is pending background check. Nothing that surprised me. Only new thing I knew from the visit is that namecheck was started one week after my case was received on 04/14/06.

alex904 said:
It's not literally a namecheck but rather background check by FBI. USCIS officers prefer background check term over namecheck now. And it's not about your name only but many other factors. If you once got a record in FBI computer, don't expect quick resolution on your case. There're many ways to get a record even staying law-abiding and legal.
As for me, I've just taken trip to local INFOPASS and just confirmed that my case is pending background check. Nothing that surprised me. Only new thing I knew from the visit is that namecheck was started one week after my case was received on 04/14/06.

whatever the uscis officer calls it, it is a namecheck. the background check includes: namecheck , IBIS check, FBI fingerprints. so namecheck is a part of the background check. it is not about getting a record because of someting u did. it is just because they are millions of names in their database and the system is so primitive that if say ur family name is lucas, and one guy from lucas family did something long time ago, then ur namecheck will get stuck just because that lucas is in the system. the system looks for a match of ur name or family name or whatever then stops, till an officer comes and look for it.

reading all this namecheck opions, I was curious why my husband stuck in name check......
First, his name is not common, his last name is also rare even in our own country. Secondly, we did not have any problem when we went back our country(Taiwan) to apply for H1B visa. It only took 1 day for both of us to get our H1B visa. Therefore, I did not see any problem with our names/background. Third, we tried some people/name checking website, we can find all our past address/phone records by typing our name to search, but did not find too many same name listing. Therefore, the only thing I can suspend is that my husband has a "also known as" name on his passport....maybe it caused the problem....

Future immigrants must name the babies very unique

First name should be : asdf-ghi
Last name should be : qyter-ui-oops

Eventhough one has good law-abiding life and not even a parking
ticket in 5 year history, one is stuck in security check.

Name check black hole

Another interesting note. My name is not very common and I am not from India or China. But two months back somone did identity theft and forged my driver's license and credit card. Fortunately I found this within a day and cancelled all my credit cards. I do not know how one could forge texas driver's licence. This guy was caught and booked by police. Because of this my 'Name' get into the police records. I hope this will not create any unnucessary hassles. Already I am weary of this GC process.

You don't need to worry... It is the criminals name in their databases as he did the crime, not yours.... I am pretty positive...one of my friend was part of "their" investigation as a witness... I don't think if he had any problem in getting his GC...

Dull in Dallas said:
Another interesting note. My name is not very common and I am not from India or China. But two months back somone did identity theft and forged my driver's license and credit card. Fortunately I found this within a day and cancelled all my credit cards. I do not know how one could forge texas driver's licence. This guy was caught and booked by police. Because of this my 'Name' get into the police records. I hope this will not create any unnucessary hassles. Already I am weary of this GC process.

prince123 said:
First name should be : asdf-ghi
Last name should be : qyter-ui-oops

Eventhough one has good law-abiding life and not even a parking
ticket in 5 year history, one is stuck in security check.

Hi prince

Any update on ur case .I also applied the I 485 in July (July 10th isthe ND)

Nothing

rajeshus99 said:
Hi prince

Any update on ur case .I also applied the I 485 in July (July 10th isthe ND)

I will formally enquire once my FD falls within their processing range.
Almost all the India EB2 guys i meet, they are "stuck" with pending security
checks.

Am I almost there?

I check this thread every day and I have learned a lot from you guys. I called TSC yesterday and effectively after my second call a nice lady told me that my name check was clear. I still have my doubts about it so I'm planning to get an infopass for next month. I have seen many of you guys with recent 485's LUDs. My LUD was more than a year and I haven't been transfer to a local office. However, my daughter's 485 was updated 10/28/06. Any idea?
Well, I hope to get over this painful process very soon.

prince123 said:
I will formally enquire once my FD falls within their processing range.
Almost all the India EB2 guys i meet, they are "stuck" with pending security
checks.

For India the priority date becomes current only in November . In sept there was no Visa number .

Now They may pick the cases only when the processing date comes . Thats what I guess .

Have you checked wther your name check is cleared . I haven't done that yet . Just waiting for my ND to fall in the processing date .

Neargc and onepenny

Hi both,

Have you ever called to ask your case status? Frankly speaking, I am not very enthusiastic about that call. From other people's experience on this forum, I did not see anybody got any valuable information from that call. What do you think?

processing priorities

Does anyone here know exactly how USCIS or TSC in particular processes concurrently filed cases. Do they always follow the order of processing I-765:1-131:1-140:1-485 in that order for each applicant, or do they process at random? I know I-485 cannot be approved without I-140 approved, but what about the actual processing itself?

Transfer from VSC to TSC

I would appreciate if anyone could let me know, the following:

a) Is there anyone out here in this forum, whose i 485 case got transferred from VSC to TSC?

b) How the case status can be obtained from TSC?

c) On what basis does TSC process my case, is it the transfer date or the the original VSC RD date.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

thank You

I-485 approved

My I-485 approved, but it is not yet updated when I check status online. I was informed about the approval by the congressperson office. Then I called TSC, and they informed me that my case was in production!
This didn't come easy though, I have been extremely active with my file.
Here is the info about my case:
EB2
I-485: RD 1/11/2006, Transfer from CSC to TSC on 3/29/2006, Name check cleared in May 2006, LUD: 3/29/2006, 4/20/2006, 9/13/2006, 11/25/2006,12/8/2006, 12/11/2006
AD: 12/11/2006 but still not showing in the system

I wrote letters to a congressperson, a senator, TSC director and INS Office of Internal Audit. I think the most helpful was the congressperson office.

This forum has helped me quite a lot in dealing with the USCIS, and I would like to thank all the people posting their stories and advice.
Good Luck to you all, and hope you will all receive your approvals soon.

herenthere said:
Does anyone here know exactly how USCIS or TSC in particular processes concurrently filed cases. Do they always follow the order of processing I-765:1-131:1-140:1-485 in that order for each applicant, or do they process at random? I know I-485 cannot be approved without I-140 approved, but what about the actual processing itself?

Hi Herenthere,
I had read it some time back that "The Ohata Memo states that, even when the I-140 is ready for processing and placed on the 'ready to adjudicate' shelf, it will not be processed unless the I-485 is also ready for adjudication. The I-485 is not ready until the fingerprints and name checks have cleared. Essentially, the I-140 will be held in abeyance until these procedures have been completed in connection with the I-485.".

I have no idea about I-765 and I-131. But usually they are processed first.

You can see the details in the following link

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

MODEN