TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

antonioa77 said:
I'm from a middle eastern country too which is lebanon. and i was also through security checks before twice too. how long those checks took u each time?

the first one for my H1-b was in august 2003 and took 2 weeks and the second one in july 2006 and took 2 days. what about u?
the funny thing is that although i went trhought those checks, my namecheck hasn't been cleared yet although i applied before u.

Both my checks took around 40 days (once in 2002 and once in 2003). I'm surprised the last one took 2 days for you and you are stuck in namecheck. Maybe they have different types of namechecks in each case. I know that consular processing greencard cases take a lot less time in name check and AOS cases. Have you considered doing consular processing in Lebanon?

herenthere said:
Both my checks took around 40 days (once in 2002 and once in 2003). I'm surprised the last one took 2 days for you and you are stuck in namecheck. Maybe they have different types of namechecks in each case. I know that consular processing greencard cases take a lot less time in name check and AOS cases. Have you considered doing consular processing in Lebanon?

i sent u a private message.

Quick answers

- looks like your case is moving along with I140 AD. If you really worry about name check, ask your wife to call. They are usually nicer to woman, or at least alternate the calls, as we did that way.

- I don't think EB1 really has priority over EB2 except for the imigration visa availability. As long as they are current, they are processed more on a case by case basis, or at least this is what have been observed so far.

Godspeed

Sixets said:
- looks like your case is moving along with I140 AD. If you really worry about name check, ask your wife to call. They are usually nicer to woman, or at least alternate the calls, as we did that way.

- I don't think EB1 really has priority over EB2 except for the imigration visa availability. As long as they are current, they are processed more on a case by case basis, or at least this is what have been observed so far.

Godspeed

First off, congrats! :)

I don't think EB1 has priority over EB2 either. However I am under the impression (and this is *really* only my impression) that as long as they are current and everything else is equal including I-485 RD, overall those with earlier PD (LC) tend to be touched first. Again, just my impression, but I actually think that would be fair if it is actually the case.

Slow down in USCIS processing

In general, it seems that USCIS has slowed down a little bit compared to last month. Maybe it is because of the holiday season. I know several people in my company whose RFEs, although received, were not even entered in the system for about a week. One other guy who upgraded his I-140 to PP got a couple of LUDs the first day or two and then he got an RFE on the 14th day :rolleyes: . Again his RFE took several weeks to be processed. I know samples from both TSC and NSC.
I hope applications are processed faster after this month. :)

schehrazi said:
In general, it seems that USCIS has slowed down a little bit compared to last month. Maybe it is because of the holiday season. I know several people in my company whose RFEs, although received, were not even entered in the system for about a week. One other guy who upgraded his I-140 to PP got a couple of LUDs the first day or two and then he got an RFE on the 14th day :rolleyes: . Again his RFE took several weeks to be processed. I know samples from both TSC and NSC.
I hope applications are processed faster after this month. :)

just curious , do u know anything about the status of ur namecheck? is it cleared or still pending? any idea? how common is ur name?

My family name is not common at all. I don't think there are more than 100 people in the world who have that name :) . My first name is common though.

As I told you before, I have passed the greencard name check once in 2004 and that time it took about a year and half to be cleared. That application was thru lottery though and since it took more than a year, I lost my chance. Since I applied under the same A# this time, I was hoping to be cleared in a blink but who knows. I never checked the status of my namecheck but I will inquire about it on March 1st. They received my RFE reply on 11/21 and as the online message says, they are required to reply in 60 days unless fingerprint or an interview is required. However, I think namecheck is under that fingerprint.

Last edited by a moderator:
schehrazi said:
My family name is not common at all. I don't think there are more than 100 people in the world who have that name :) . My first name is common though.

As I told you before, I have passed the greencard name check once in 2004 and that time it took about a year and half to be cleared. That application was thru lottery though and since it took more than a year, I lost my chance. I was hoping to be cleared this time in a blink but who knows. I never checked the status of my namecheck but I will inquire about it on March 1st. They received my RFE reply on 11/21 and as the online message says, they are required to reply in 60 days unless fingerprint or an interview is required. However, I think namecheck is under that fingerprint.

namecheck is completey independent from fingerprints. they r done separately. they initiat namecheck few days after they receive ur I485. whereas the fp is done at a different time. so u can call now 1-800 and check about ur namecheck and c if it was cleared or not. if it was cleared an ur RFE was sent back, u can get ur GC very soon. so just call them or get an infopass and check about the namecheck.

antonioa77 said:
namecheck is completey independent from fingerprints. they r done separately. they initiat namecheck few days after they receive ur I485. whereas the fp is done at a different time. so u can call now 1-800 and check about ur namecheck and c if it was cleared or not. if it was cleared an ur RFE was sent back, u can get ur GC very soon. so just call them or get an infopass and check about the namecheck.

I have been thinking about inquiring for a while. I am just a little bit worried maybe that affects the processing of the case. I think I will wait for 60 days then I will inquire, either myself or thru the company lawyer. One Average, namecheck takes about two years for Iranians. Checking its status might only relieve some of my own concerns but I think for now, I just have to be patient. :confused: . Thank you so much for your advice though, it gave me more courage to do it!

schehrazi said:
I have been thinking about inquiring for a while. I am just a little bit worried maybe that affects the processing of the case. I think I will wait for 60 days then I will inquire, either myself or thru the company lawyer. One Average, namecheck takes about two years for Iranians. Checking its status might only relieve some of my own concerns but I think for now, I just have to be patient. :confused: . Thank you so much for your advice though, it gave me more courage to do it!

how u know that the namecheck takes 2 yrs on avg for iranians? is it the case for all iranians? there is no timeline to clear a namecheck. it is just arbitrary.

inquiring doesn't affect the processing at all.

antonioa77 said:
how u know that the namecheck takes 2 yrs on avg for iranians? is it the case for all iranians? there is no timeline to clear a namecheck. it is just arbitrary.

inquiring doesn't affect the processing at all.

My data is based on the statistical information which we have gathered from all our friends from several years ago up to now. It has been very rare that an Iranian gets his greencard in less than a year and that's all because of namecheck. We even get stuck in namecheck for citizenship! I know people who have been stuck for three years now for their citizenship and are going to file lawsuits. It's a fact that we have to live with.

schehrazi said:
My data is based on the statistical information which we have gathered from all our friends from several years ago up to now. It has been very rare that an Iranian gets his greencard in less than a year and that's all because of namecheck. We even get stuck in namecheck for citizenship! I know people who have been stuck for three years now for their citizenship and are going to file lawsuits. It's a fact that we have to live with.

but namecheck is independent of nationality. it is just about how common is ur name or there is match.

i know a friend from europe amd he got stuck with namecheck. so it is all arbitrary.

antonioa77 said:
but namecheck is independent of nationality. it is just about how common is ur name or there is match.

i know a friend from europe amd he got stuck with namecheck. so it is all arbitrary.

Well, there is a saying: "law is not what is written on the paper, but it is what people do". Namecheck should be independent of everything but it is not coincidence that namecheck of some nations takes long. I don't know, maybe our names are common. It happens to almost all iranians. Even when getting a visa, namecheck takes so long, mine took about three month! What I think is that namecheck of us has the lowest proirity. Have u read that less than %1 of namecheckes take a long time to clear? those are basically us :p

schehrazi said:
Well, there is a saying: "law is not what is written on the paper, but it is what people do". Namecheck should be independent of everything but it is not coincidence that namecheck of some nations takes long. I don't know, maybe our names are common. It happens to almost all iranians. Even when getting a visa, namecheck takes so long, mine took about three month! What I think is that namecheck of us has the lowest proirity. Have u read that less than %1 of namecheckes take a long time to clear? those are basically us :p
ya maybe u r right. do u know if it is the case for people from other arab countries like lebanon?

do u know anybody from lebanon whose namecheck got cleared quickly?

thanks.

antonioa77 said:
ya maybe u r right. do u know if it is the case for people from other arab countries like lebanon?

do u know anybody from lebanon whose namecheck got cleared quickly?

thanks.

It is usually OK for other countries in the middle east. I have never seen anybody complaining about his namecheck except iranians. Of course, I don't know a lot of samples. I hope everybody's namecheck comes ASAP.

Not True

schehrazi said:

My name is very uncommon and hindu name. Back in late 2002 I went to my home country and applied for H1B visa. It took me 6 months to get the name check cleared, and I was leave of absence from my job for those 6 months.

Getting stuck in name check really depends on individual luck, and I do not think only muslim nationals are targeted here.

who knows how all this works...

Keep in mind also that they check the middle name and then various combinations of first/middle/last names, including different phonetic spellings of the names, so even seemingly "uncommon" names can get stuck because of these methods. Like I said before, it's more about "lucky" versus "unlucky" names, rather than "common" versus "uncommon" names. :rolleyes:

people have PD in May/2006

Hello,

I saw there a bunch of people with I485 PD in May/2006 from India/China. Did any one get approved? Mine is 5/16/2006, I am a little anxious now because it is so quiet on my case.

PBLC_01302006 said:
Hello,

I saw there a bunch of people with I485 PD in May/2006 from India/China. Did any one get approved? Mine is 5/16/2006, I am a little anxious now because it is so quiet on my case.

HI PBLC_01302006,

Mine date is 05/17/2006 and not heard anything last LUD on I-485 was 09/06/2006.

Thanks,
neargc

gc2006usa said:
My name is very uncommon and hindu name. Back in late 2002 I went to my home country and applied for H1B visa. It took me 6 months to get the name check cleared, and I was leave of absence from my job for those 6 months.

Getting stuck in name check really depends on individual luck, and I do not think only muslim nationals are targeted here.

and what about ur namecheck now? did u check it? is it cleared or not yet?

i went through this namecheck too in lebanon in 2003 and 06 for visas. in 03 it took me 2 weeks to clear, in 06 2 days. and now i'm stuck in namecheck.

a friend of mine ,who is lebanese too, got stuck with the namecheck in 04 to get his visa. it took him 3 months.

just wondering if this namecheck that is done for some people when applyin for visa is the same as the one for I485.