TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

worriedEngineer said:
When I ask him to write down his name, he become angery and said "what do you want", I said I want printout of my case status, he said "that's enough" I said "thank you" and end the conversation. Another bad experience in USCIS.
sounds pretty bold.
in theory (just in theory) you have your infopass appointment number plus ticket number plus datetime plus window number. all that should be enough to trace the officer if needed.
looks like thery were instructed to give as vague answers as possible.
I was told my namecheck was initiated "sometime in the beginning of the year".

rexxx said:
sounds pretty bold.
in theory (just in theory) you have your infopass appointment number plus ticket number plus datetime plus window number. all that should be enough to trace the officer if needed.
looks like thery were instructed to give as vague answers as possible.
I was told my namecheck was initiated "sometime in the beginning of the year".

what documents we need to take to infopass appnt? Is it worth taking infopass before RD becomes current, like mine in Feb. 485 RD 08/10/06, FP 08/29/06

antonioa77 said:
this is the way:

1-800-375-5283

1-1-2-6-1

SRC#

1-1-3-4

Hi When you call them after entering ur SRC# , for us to take the option 3 , they are asking if the ur notice date is outside their publised date . Is that fine if we take that option even though the our Notice date has not reached the processing date . Kindly advice

UKGUY_AOS said:
what documents we need to take to infopass appnt? Is it worth taking infopass before RD becomes current, like mine in Feb. 485 RD 08/10/06, FP 08/29/06
passport, case receipt notice and infopass appointment letter.
infopass does not take a lot of time (and probably worth it for the peace of mind) and much more effective than the phone call to that 1-800.

how come that most people on this forum their namecheck are not cleared quickly, and at the same time USCIS says that just 20 % of the cases pend for more than 2 weeks to be cleared?

is it by coincidence that almost everybody here is stuck with namecheck?

my conclusion that those 20 % of USCIS is a joke. I think maybe 40 to 50 % of the people get stuck with the namecheck.

now concerning this new BCS program, I beleive that it will not make any change in expediting the namecheck. BCS is used just by USCIS but the problem is in the FBI hands.

rajeshus99 said:
Hi When you call them after entering ur SRC# , for us to take the option 3 , they are asking if the ur notice date is outside their publised date . Is that fine if we take that option even though the our Notice date has not reached the processing date . Kindly advice

ya it is fine. just follow the instructions of calling above.

i think this is what i did to make sure that they are processing my case (security check under progress)......the lady refused to even talk to me....saying that she cannot give any info...i insisted that i need to know if it is under progress ....and i need nothing else....(i dont want to find out after 6 months that those f*** b***ds were waiting for something from me....which i never got from them...

she finally relented and asked me my rcpt #, and she told me that security check is under prgress....i thanked her....and thats it.....i will repeat this every two months....
---------------
1-800-375-5283

1-for english

2-bypass intro

2-existing case

6-chk status of case

1-know the case number

SRC#

1-src or ssc?

3-for next step

4-filed many cases together

Last edited by a moderator:
antonioa77 said:
how come that most people on this forum their namecheck are not cleared quickly, and at the same time USCIS says that just 20 % of the cases pend for more than 2 weeks to be cleared?

my conclusion that those 20 % of USCIS is a joke. I think maybe 40 to 50 % of the people get stuck with the namecheck.

now concerning this new BCS program, I beleive that it will not make any change in expediting the namecheck. BCS is used just by USCIS but the problem is in the FBI hands.
75% of people do not come to this forum....

80% of people with problem only post anything.....everyone else just spend few minutes and go away...

i have seen few people who got their 485 done in less than 30 days.....on this forum two months back....i am sure we wont see them....and we will only see people like us stuck in some kind of problem...

Actually, most of the people who came here have issues.. thats why they try to find annwers....

Many people, when they get approved, don't bother to come back to update their informaiton and that also creats somekind of confusion... as the rest of us consider them pending....

By the way.. have yo got EDA approved... my RD for everything is 10/08 (10 days before you) and don't have my ead even touched by them whereas a lot of people who applied after me have their EADs approved... .. I140 was approved in July...

antonioa77 said:

Just Approved

Just want to thank this forum for the invaluable discussions and knowledge-sharing.

If you had specific issues, this forum is tremendously helpful, but one thing I learned that sometimes ignorance could be a bliss. You just need to be patient to let it run its course. With all the things I learned from this forum, it probably gave me more worries than comfort, but it is mostly my own fault over-worrying too much. Should just cast my anxieties to God.

But again, this is a great learning process, as part of life.

Please see my case details below.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 7, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

EB1C - World

I140/485 Concurrent RD 5/9/06 FP 5/23/06 I140 AD 6/12/06 I485 LUD 6/12/06 8/12/06 AD 12/7/06

Name check, most common Chinese name, cleared between 8/13/06 - 11/3/06. (I called 8/13, not cleared, but 11/3 cleared). Called 11/10, case picked up for processing.

Hi Sixets,

Congratulations for your GC approval!

I am still wondering how to check our status whether the name check is being cleared or not. I called USCIS using the 800 number and managed to talk to the agent. However, she refused to tell me whether my name check is cleared or not by telling excuses after 911.... :confused:

Please advice. Thanks!

Sixets said:
Just want to thank this forum for the invaluable discussions and knowledge-sharing.

If you had specific issues, this forum is tremendously helpful, but one thing I learned that sometimes ignorance could be a bliss. You just need to be patient to let it run its course. With all the things I learned from this forum, it probably gave me more worries than comfort, but it is mostly my own fault over-worrying too much. Should just cast my anxieties to God.

But again, this is a great learning process, as part of life.

Please see my case details below.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 7, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

EB1C - World

I140/485 Concurrent RD 5/9/06 FP 5/23/06 I140 AD 6/12/06 I485 LUD 6/12/06 8/12/06 AD 12/7/06

Name check, most common Chinese name, cleared between 8/13/06 - 11/3/06. (I called 8/13, not cleared, but 11/3 cleared). Called 11/10, case picked up for processing.

Congrats! I agree we should not worry, and looks like your case is approved in 6 months time frame, just one thing, does EB1 or EB2 get preference even if RD is current?

likuliku said:
Hi Sixets,

Congratulations for your GC approval!

I am still wondering how to check our status whether the name check is being cleared or not. I called USCIS using the 800 number and managed to talk to the agent. However, she refused to tell me whether my name check is cleared or not by telling excuses after 911.... :confused:

Please advice. Thanks!

it depends on the officer that pick up the phone. some tell u the status and some others don't. it is a matter of luck. u can keep calling them till u get the info u want. or u can schedule and infopass apointment.

sam2010 said:
Actually, most of the people who came here have issues.. thats why they try to find annwers....

Many people, when they get approved, don't bother to come back to update their informaiton and that also creats somekind of confusion... as the rest of us consider them pending....

By the way.. have yo got EDA approved... my RD for everything is 10/08 (10 days before you) and don't have my ead even touched by them whereas a lot of people who applied after me have their EADs approved... .. I140 was approved in July...

I'm having the same issue. I've been checking trackitt and this forum, and there are a bunch of people whose RDs and FPs are after mine but their EADs and APs have already been approved. Also, in some cases, even their I-140s have been approved, and their PDs are after mine too. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to how these people work or what application they pick up. Today I called TSC and the woman said that my security checks have been processed, so I'm guessing that means my namecheck is clear, so I'm wondering what is going on here.

BTW - how long did your I-140 take to get approved? Did you apply directly to TSC or did you case get transferred? I wonder if they treat transferred cases differently.

herenthere said:
I'm having the same issue. I've been checking trackitt and this forum, and there are a bunch of people whose RDs and FPs are after mine but their EADs and APs have already been approved. Also, in some cases, even their I-140s have been approved, and their PDs are after mine too. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to how these people work or what application they pick up. Today I called TSC and the woman said that my security checks have been processed, so I'm guessing that means my namecheck is clear, so I'm wondering what is going on here.

BTW - how long did your I-140 take to get approved? Did you apply directly to TSC or did you case get transferred? I wonder if they treat transferred cases differently.

all cases r sent to NSC but i up to NSC to keep ur file with them or transfer it to TSC.it is a luck thing simply.now about the I140 mine took in tsc exactly 2 months. so don;t worry. urs will come soon.

from which country r u? how common is ur name? i don't all them know if ur background check has been processed means that ur namecheck has been cleared. u may call again and ask them more specificallu about ur namecheck.

antonioa77 said:
all cases r sent to NSC but i up to NSC to keep ur file with them or transfer it to TSC.it is a luck thing simply.now about the I140 mine took in tsc exactly 2 months. so don;t worry. urs will come soon.

from which country r u? how common is ur name? i don't all them know if ur background check has been processed means that ur namecheck has been cleared. u may call again and ask them more specificallu about ur namecheck.

I have what I would consider a fairly common first name but an uncommon last name.

I asked the person specifically about background check and fingerprinting check, and she said that my security checks have been processed. I asked her to clarify whether they were "in process" or "have been processed" and she said that they "have been processed". So I don't really know what to think. I'll just call them again in a month's time. Right now I'm more concerned about my I-140, EAD and AP, especially since I want to travel on AP within a couple of months.

herenthere said:
I have what I would consider a fairly common first name but an uncommon last name.

I asked the person specifically about background check and fingerprinting check, and she said that my security checks have been processed. I asked her to clarify whether they were "in process" or "have been processed" and she said that they "have been processed". So I don't really know what to think. I'll just call them again in a month's time. Right now I'm more concerned about my I-140, EAD and AP, especially since I want to travel on AP within a couple of months.

u have to ask about namecheck and not background check. the problem is with the namecheck. background is broader. from which country r u?

herenthere said:

I think all security checks has been cleared including namecheck.....but make sure that you keep calling them every 45 days to make sure they are still processing your application.......

antonioa77 said:
u have to ask about namecheck and not background check. the problem is with the namecheck. background is broader. from which country r u?

Okay, I'll ask them the next time I call in a month's time. Hopefully my I-140 and AP will have been approved by then. How many checks do they do anyway? I was under the impression that they did a finger print check and a background check that encompasses the name check. Are there other checks that are done that I'm not aware of?

My country of chargeability is a middle eastern country. I've been through security checks a couple of times before to get a visa.

herenthere said:
Okay, I'll ask them the next time I call in a month's time. Hopefully my I-140 and AP will have been approved by then. How many checks do they do anyway? I was under the impression that they did a finger print check and a background check that encompasses the name check. Are there other checks that are done that I'm not aware of?

My country of chargeability is a middle eastern country. I've been through security checks a couple of times before to get a visa.

I'm from a middle eastern country too which is lebanon. and i was also through security checks before twice too. how long those checks took u each time?

the first one for my H1-b was in august 2003 and took 2 weeks and the second one in july 2006 and took 2 days. what about u?
the funny thing is that although i went trhought those checks, my namecheck hasn't been cleared yet although i applied before u.