TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

moden said:
Hi Herenthere,
I had read it some time back that "The Ohata Memo states that, even when the I-140 is ready for processing and placed on the 'ready to adjudicate' shelf, it will not be processed unless the I-485 is also ready for adjudication. The I-485 is not ready until the fingerprints and name checks have cleared. Essentially, the I-140 will be held in abeyance until these procedures have been completed in connection with the I-485.".

I have no idea about I-765 and I-131. But usually they are processed first.

You can see the details in the following link

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

MODEN

that memo is outdated. I140 is processed even if if the namechec is pending. the I-140 is independent of the status of the I-485. look at my signature, my I140 got approved while my namecheck is still pending. it is the case of all people here. so that memo is not applicable anymore.

Sorry I didn't know that was out dated

Hi antonioa77
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that memo is outdated. I was under the impression that because of this only my case has not moved. If you look at my signature you can see that there are no LUDs after 10/5/06. I did FP on 11/2/06. It is more than a month after FP and no activity on my file. I have not tried to find out whether FP and name checks were cleared.

moden said:
Hi antonioa77
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that memo is outdated. I was under the impression that because of this only my case has not moved. If you look at my signature you can see that there are no LUDs after 10/5/06. I did FP on 11/2/06. It is more than a month after FP and no activity on my file. I have not tried to find out whether FP and name checks were cleared.

ur i765 was approved in less than a motnh whereas mine still pending for almost 2 months now. also my I140 got cleared in 2 months. so u will hear soon about ur I-140. seems it is arbirary how they process applicaions.

bananosky said:
I check this thread every day and I have learned a lot from you guys. I called TSC yesterday and effectively after my second call a nice lady told me that my name check was clear. I still have my doubts about it so I'm planning to get an infopass for next month. I have seen many of you guys with recent 485's LUDs. My LUD was more than a year and I haven't been transfer to a local office. However, my daughter's 485 was updated 10/28/06. Any idea?
Well, I hope to get over this painful process very soon.

do u know when ur namecheck was initiated and when it was cleared?

Mike20006 said:
My I-485 approved, but it is not yet updated when I check status online. I was informed about the approval by the congressperson office. Then I called TSC, and they informed me that my case was in production!
This didn't come easy though, I have been extremely active with my file.
Here is the info about my case:
EB2
I-485: RD 1/11/2006, Transfer from CSC to TSC on 3/29/2006, Name check cleared in May 2006, LUD: 3/29/2006, 4/20/2006, 9/13/2006, 11/25/2006,12/8/2006, 12/11/2006
AD: 12/11/2006 but still not showing in the system

I wrote letters to a congressperson, a senator, TSC director and INS Office of Internal Audit. I think the most helpful was the congressperson office.

This forum has helped me quite a lot in dealing with the USCIS, and I would like to thank all the people posting their stories and advice.
Good Luck to you all, and hope you will all receive your approvals soon.

Congrat's Mike20006. The funny thing is that your namecheck was cleared in May and they did not process your application. Even funnier is that the application is approved and you have not got anything in mail or email.

Mike20006 said:
My I-485 approved, but it is not yet updated when I check status online. I was informed about the approval by the congressperson office. Then I called TSC, and they informed me that my case was in production!
This didn't come easy though, I have been extremely active with my file.
Here is the info about my case:
EB2
I-485: RD 1/11/2006, Transfer from CSC to TSC on 3/29/2006, Name check cleared in May 2006, LUD: 3/29/2006, 4/20/2006, 9/13/2006, 11/25/2006,12/8/2006, 12/11/2006
AD: 12/11/2006 but still not showing in the system

I wrote letters to a congressperson, a senator, TSC director and INS Office of Internal Audit. I think the most helpful was the congressperson office.

This forum has helped me quite a lot in dealing with the USCIS, and I would like to thank all the people posting their stories and advice.
Good Luck to you all, and hope you will all receive your approvals soon.

Congrats Mike20006! May I know how do you check when your name check is being cleared? Thanks!

likuliku said:
Congrats Mike20006! May I know how do you check when your name check is being cleared? Thanks!

You can make an infopass appointment, and then ask them in person if your name check has been cleared.
Some guys call to enquire about their name check, but I do not recommend that. We called the customer service, and they said that our name check is pending, but we made an infopass apointment next day, and they told us that it was cleared 6 months ago!!! So, infopass is the best way to check on your background check.

antonioa77 said:
so namecheck is a part of the background check. it is not about getting a record because of someting u did. it is just because they are millions of names in their database and the system is so primitive that if say ur family name is lucas, and one guy from lucas family did something long time ago, then ur namecheck will get stuck just because that lucas is in the system. the system looks for a match of ur name or family name or whatever then stops, till an officer comes and look for it.
Dude, you can argue as long as you want to. My information about background check is good as it gets. I doubt you can get any better info because mine is directly from FBI agents I was interviewed by and friend of mine who tried to sue FBI once. If you have better sources, go ahead and tell the audience rules of namecheck games.

Last edited by a moderator:
NJRIRLABOR,

My case was transferred other way around from TSC to VSC. What a messed up immigration system !

njrirlabor said:
I would appreciate if anyone could let me know, the following:

a) Is there anyone out here in this forum, whose i 485 case got transferred from VSC to TSC?

b) How the case status can be obtained from TSC?

c) On what basis does TSC process my case, is it the transfer date or the the original VSC RD date.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

thank You

Mike20006 said:
You can make an infopass appointment, and then ask them in person if your name check has been cleared.
Some guys call to enquire about their name check, but I do not recommend that. We called the customer service, and they said that our name check is pending, but we made an infopass apointment next day, and they told us that it was cleared 6 months ago!!! So, infopass is the best way to check on your background check.

Thanks for the information!

What if someone has worked in the US government before?

I worked for the Department of Commerce before as a contractor and went through a couple security checks everytime I renewed my contract. I was wondering if it would help clear security check. Anyone has similar experience?

Somehow I worry it might actually be slower as there's probably a positive match in the FBI database from previous checks.

fed_up said:
I worked for the Department of Commerce before as a contractor and went through a couple security checks everytime I renewed my contract. I was wondering if it would help clear security check. Anyone has similar experience?

Somehow I worry it might actually be slower as there's probably a positive match in the FBI database from previous checks.

can u add a signature like the one i have? it shows the details of ur case and make it easier on others.

when did u apply for I485? make an infopass apointment or call 1-800 the uscis number and ask about ur namecheck.

Mike20006 said:

Mike2006,

When one should be able to make infopass apoointment and how?
Also can I make an appointment directly or it should be my attorney.

Thanks,
neargc

PBLC_01302006 said:
Hello,

I saw there a bunch of people with I485 PD in May/2006 from India/China. Did any one get approved? Mine is 5/16/2006, I am a little anxious now because it is so quiet on my case.

MY RD is May 2, 2006. The latest LUD is July 14.
I never found that people with I485 PD after May/2006 from India/China were approved(except for EB-1 category). Obviously, USCIS is very cautious to approve the Chinese and Indian applicants because of the limit visa number. In additional, a significant number of people from China were stuck in Name-check for several years. Most of these 485 cases had a RD earlier than 2005. Processing these backlog cases will be taken priority. People from china and India need to be more patient.

However, I still will do something for my case.

I made appointment by infopass to see immigration official this Friday. I also asked my attorney send a query to TSC, which will be taken about 45 days for a reply

2getgc said:
MY RD is May 2, 2006. The latest LUD is July 14.
I never found that people with I485 PD after May/2006 from India/China were approved(except for EB-1 category). Obviously, USCIS is very cautious to approve the Chinese and Indian applicants because of the limit visa number. In additional, a significant number of people from China were stuck in Name-check for several years. Most of these 485 cases had a RD earlier than 2005. Processing these backlog cases will be taken priority. People from china and India need to be more patient.

However, I still will do something for my case.

I made appointment by infopass to see immigration official this Friday. I also asked my attorney send a query to TSC, which will be taken about 45 days for a reply

This is a correct oberservation . May be because for Indians the Visa number was not available in Sept and there the priority date went back in October . So only from November they started processing the Indian cases ( EB2) .

My ND is July 2006 and the last LUD was on August .

Kidnly share your information after InfoPass

Re: Neargc and onepenny

PBLC_01302006 said:
Hi both,

Have you ever called to ask your case status? Frankly speaking, I am not very enthusiastic about that call. From other people's experience on this forum, I did not see anybody got any valuable information from that call. What do you think?

I am planning to get the infopass some time in Jan.

neargc said:
Mike2006,

When one should be able to make infopass apoointment and how?
Also can I make an appointment directly or it should be my attorney.

Thanks,
neargc

You can make an infopass appointment anytime. You do not need your attorney to make the appointment for you.
click on this link:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

It is easy to make the appointment. You need your receipt number and your zip code, plus your name and last name.

Got my green card

Just wanted to add my stats to the tracker.

I received my green card in the mail yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to get approve so soon.

PD: May 2003 (RIR - Phil)
Labor approved: early Oct 2006 (EB2)
Filed concurrent 140 and 485: late Oct 2006
140 approved: late Nov 2006
Fingerprinted and Bio: Dec 2 2006
485 approved: Dec 6 2006 (Texas Service Center)
Card Received in mail: Dec 12 2006

PS: I'm from a non-retro country. Paperwork filed from San Francisco, CA.
I hear alot of stories on bad attorneys (especially from big law firms), but I had a good experience.
I used a lawyer from a small local firm and they are great. PM me if you need a good lawyer.

Good luck...

Jsp0

Last edited by a moderator: