TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Congrats!

jsp0 said:
Just wanted to add my stats to the tracker.

I received my green card in the mail yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to get approve so soon.

PD: May 2003 (RIR - Phil)
Labor approved: early Oct 2006 (EB2)
Filed concurrent 140 and 485: late Oct 2006
140 approved: late Nov 2006
Fingerprinted and Bio: Dec 2 2006
485 approved: Dec 6 2006 (Texas Service Center)
Card Received in mail: Dec 12 2006

PS: I'm from a non-retro country. Paperwork filed from San Francisco, CA.
I hear alot of stories on bad attorneys (especially from big law firms), but I had a good experience.
I used a lawyer from a small local firm and they are great. PM me if you need a good lawyer.

Good luck...

Jsp0

I think your name check got cleared that's why you have GC approved instantly. Please confirm which country you from?

Is it country of citizenship or country of birth that matters for retrogression?

jsp0 said:

I received my green card in the mail yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to get approve so soon.

I hear alot of stories on bad attorneys (especially from big law firms), but I had a good experience.
I used a lawyer from a small local firm and they are great. PM me if you need a good lawyer.

Good luck...

Jsp0

Congratulations! Could you tell us whether you applied for an EAD and Advance Parole and if those were approved before your final approval?

UKGUY_AOS said:
I think your name check got cleared that's why you have GC approved instantly. Please confirm which country you from?

Is it country of citizenship or country of birth that matters for retrogression?
Retro is by country of birth (as far as I know).

I'm born in Singapore

Can someone tell me what is a name check? I don't remember doing anything for it.

The only time I had to deal with DHS was fingerprinting?

fed_up said:
I worked for the Department of Commerce before as a contractor and went through a couple security checks everytime I renewed my contract. I was wondering if it would help clear security check. Anyone has similar experience?

Somehow I worry it might actually be slower as there's probably a positive match in the FBI database from previous checks.

You're right about slowing down actually. Hopefully, new tracking system that is going to be introduced in January, will help you to get through faster. Any recod in FBI files require an investigation and that's what actually is slowing down namecheck workflow. Hopefully when USCIS officers will get access to FBI database, checks will get speeded up.

alex904 said:
You're right about slowing down actually. Hopefully, new tracking system that is going to be introduced in January, will help you to get through faster. Any recod in FBI files require an investigation and that's what actually is slowing down namecheck workflow. Hopefully when USCIS officers will get access to FBI database, checks will get speeded up.

It can go either way, very good or very poor:)

Mike20006 said:
You can make an infopass appointment anytime. You do not need your attorney to make the appointment for you.
click on this link:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

It is easy to make the appointment. You need your receipt number and your zip code, plus your name and last name.

Hi MIke20006,

Since my lawyer did all the concurrent filing for me, I don't have the original copy of all my notification documents. He did send me the photocopy one. So, when I go for an InfoPass appointment, would they ask for original documents? Or would the photocopy do the job? Thanks!

jsp0 said:

Good luck...

Jsp0

Congrats jsp0! Did you see any update from the USCIS Online Tracking System? Did you receive the green card directly from USCIS or from your lawyer? I filed concurrently in August 2006 and my I-140 also approved late Nov. However, my fingerprint was done back in August 2006. So far, I didn't hear any news yet. Like you, my case is also processed by TSC...

likuliku said:
Congrats jsp0! Did you see any update from the USCIS Online Tracking System? Did you receive the green card directly from USCIS or from your lawyer? I filed concurrently in August 2006 and my I-140 also approved late Nov. However, my fingerprint was done back in August 2006. So far, I didn't hear any news yet. Like you, my case is also processed by TSC...
I received the card directly from USCIS. My lawyer did not even know until I tell her. Acutally I didn't know there was an USCIS Online Tracking and I didn't check. I just filed and waited.

herenthere said:
Congratulations! Could you tell us whether you applied for an EAD and Advance Parole and if those were approved before your final approval?
Yes, I got my EAD and AP 2 weeks after I filed 140/485, and the approval came soon after..

prince123 said:
Namecheck is this : http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

Looks like you suffered a bit at labor stage. But your I-485 went fast.
I am sympathetic to folks who suffered 4 or 5 years at labor backlog and then
stuck for 3 - 4 years in security check.

In other words, if USCIS wants to process 485 faster, they can process everything quickly as in jsp's case, and all this waiting time, namechecks is bullocks then for rest of us...

People who are from non-retrogressed country are getting GC's approved quickly.

One of my colleague, who is from Pakistan got his GC in 6 months from the date he filed PERM labor. i.e within 3-4 months of 485 filing.

Does USCIS processing based on 485 Receipt dates meant for only retrogressed conutries ?

I am planning info pass appointment in Jan 07/Feb 07

I haven't yet looked at details of info pass appointment process. But i will
when it gets to Jan 07/Feb 07, by that time i can 'officially' ask the officer,
"Brother/Sister, what happened to my case . Is mine in a pre-approved state,
just waiting for the security check to clear ?"

Meanwhile i am watching the visa bulletin for India EB2 . Labor backlog centers
might start clearing the non-RIR Eb2 applications, which can retrogress the
cut-off date to 2001 / early 2002.

I believe, for India/China it may not be just namecheck, but some other kind of
extended check. Who knows in what mysterious ways the whole process works.

RJ_NJ2002 said:

It does not depend from which country you're from, unless you're from a "terroris state". I know many Indian and Chinese folks who went through 485 stage very quick. It's a random process and more dependable on disposition of stars in skies than a country of origin.

I don't know if country of origin matters...but what I think matters is if you are in a retrogressed category, even though u r PD is current. They seem to be moving mighty cautiously on those.

alex904 said:
It does not depend from which country you're from, unless you're from a "terroris state". I know many Indian and Chinese folks who went through 485 stage very quick. It's a random process and more dependable on disposition of stars in skies than a country of origin.

I hope that is the case since I am from NON Retro country. So far all the process has gone smoothly. Hope I485 hurdle clears soon.

Check the signature for timeline

Good Luck to All

RJ_NJ2002 said:

One of my colleague, who is from Pakistan got his GC in 6 months from the date he filed PERM labor. i.e within 3-4 months of 485 filing.

Does USCIS processing based on 485 Receipt dates meant for only retrogressed conutries ?

Impossible

moden said:
Hi Herenthere,
I had read it some time back that "The Ohata Memo states that, even when the I-140 is ready for processing and placed on the 'ready to adjudicate' shelf, it will not be processed unless the I-485 is also ready for adjudication. The I-485 is not ready until the fingerprints and name checks have cleared. Essentially, the I-140 will be held in abeyance until these procedures have been completed in connection with the I-485.".

I have no idea about I-765 and I-131. But usually they are processed first.

You can see the details in the following link

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

MODEN

This memo dosen't make any sense. In really I-140 is adjudicated and approved a long time befoer the I-485 is even being touched. Many applicants have and Approved I-140 and still waiting for name check clearance and I-485 approval.

Infopass: "Under review" ...

Went to infopass today. was told that I485 had been "under review" since 11/29/2006. "That's all that showed up on the screen." said the immigration officer. Any idea what it means?

2 days back, I called TSC (this is the 2nd call to TSC after almost 5 months) and cust rep told me that she does not see anything missing in this file nor does it stuck in name check, everything on this case looks good. This case is just sitting there and no one is looking into the file. Then, she told me that she is going to initiate an inquiry on behalf of me. I thanked her and drop off from the call.

From this and other forum, it is my understanding that different Cust Reps tell different things. So I've little faith on them. USCIS is highly unpredictable place. They process cases on random basis and until the case is approved, we can not predict anything :confused:

antonioa77 said:
and what about ur namecheck now? did u check it? is it cleared or not yet?

i went through this namecheck too in lebanon in 2003 and 06 for visas. in 03 it took me 2 weeks to clear, in 06 2 days. and now i'm stuck in namecheck.

a friend of mine ,who is lebanese too, got stuck with the namecheck in 04 to get his visa. it took him 3 months.

just wondering if this namecheck that is done for some people when applyin for visa is the same as the one for I485.

Name check pending

I went to USCIS today with an infopass appointment. They told me that my name check is pending. The rep. told me that in some cases name check gets cleared in 10 days and in some cases it takes 3 years. This is scary. How can we plan for our life? :mad:

EB3 Labor Sub - PD: 1-May-2000 (current)
Country of Citizenship: Iran
I-765/I-140/I-131/I-485 concurrent filing RD: 8-May-06
I-765: AD 28-Jul-06 :)
I-140: AD 10-Jul-06 :)
I-131: AD 29-Jun-06 :)
I-485: Pending (last LUD: 8-Nov-06) :confused: