TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

CAPD02,
Thanks for your info.

I have just called the lawyer, She said the section should be "employee base adjustment". But she do not think it is a big problem, as long as the 140 approved and a case type will be assigned to the 485. she suggested we talk to the new lawyer to find if we need to requrest TSC to change it.(company change the lawyer)

gciscoming said:
CAPD02,
Thanks for your info.

I have just called the lawyer, She said the section should be "employee base adjustment". But she do not think it is a big problem, as long as the 140 approved and a case type will be assigned to the 485. she suggested we talk to the new lawyer to find if we need to requrest TSC to change it.(company change the lawyer)

Hi gciscoming,

Keep posted the updates. I don't think it will be the issue. My I-140 was already approved.

I-485 always associated with I-140 approval in the case of employment based adjustment. (In my I-485 application, my lawyer mentioned as Concurrent filing and also mentioned the I-140 receipt number).

I hope you mentioned I-140 receipt number in your I-485 applications.

Thanks

GCiscoming, my lawyer filed the same with no problems

gciscoming said:
CAPD02,
Thanks for your info.

I also filed concurrently (EB2) and the lawyer checked box h, and made a mention "concurrently filed with I-140". The receipt notice for the I-140 says "Section: mem of Profession w/Adv deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability sec. 203(b) (2)", and the receipt notice for I-485 says "Section: Other basis for adjustment". I don't know if concurrent filings like this go to a different queue, but if they do, it's not a bad one! ;)
Good luck, GCiscoming, I hope it will soon!

GC Approved

My I-485 was approved this week. After spending more than three years for my LC, I wasn't expecting such a quickaround. I hope you guys all would hear the good news soon. Thank you all for your company.

Hi leviathani
Thanks for your suggestion. You are right, my husband is the primary applicant. I will talk to the new lawyer to see what they said before I decided what to do.
I asked one friend, he has same section as mine. He got approved a few month back in TSC.
Will post the result here.
Thanks

I-485 receipt for cucurrent filing EB@

SopCap said:
I also filed concurrently (EB2) and the lawyer checked box h, and made a mention "concurrently filed with I-140". The receipt notice for the I-140 says "Section: mem of Profession w/Adv deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability sec. 203(b) (2)", and the receipt notice for I-485 says "Section: Other basis for adjustment". I don't know if concurrent filings like this go to a different queue, but if they do, it's not a bad one! ;)
Good luck, GCiscoming, I hope it will soon!
Hi,
Today I checked my I-485 receipt notice and the receipt notice of the Receipt Type says:" Section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of imigrant petition".
I think my laywer checked "A" : An immigrant peptition giving me an immidiately available visa number ....
Why mine is different than yours? Does anyone know if my receipt section is incorrect? What should I do if it is incorrect?
Thank you very much!!! Also, in the "priority date" column, my I-485 receipt notice is blank. Does it matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking A or H for concurrent filing

Guys,

Don't sweat so much about checking A or H in your I-485! H for concurrent filing is just fine! That's what I checked and got approved with no problem.

phc said:
Today I checked my I-485 receipt notice and the receipt notice of the Receipt Type says:" Section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of imigrant petition".
I think my laywer checked "A" : An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available visa number ....
Why mine is different than yours? Does anyone know if my receipt section is incorrect? What should I do if it is incorrect?
Thank you very much!!! Also, in the "priority date" column, my I-485 receipt notice is blank. Does it matter?

Obviously, checking A for concurrent filing is fine, too. Since your I-140 needs to get approved before they can adjudicate I-485, your I-485 is based on "an immigrant petition giving you an immediately available visa number"...

And - phc - usually priority date is printed on receipts only after I-140 approval. So no worries.

Pd + Rd

civ2ru,
Thanks a lot! I think I am a liitle bit panic when I found mine is different than three of yours. Now I checked the Approval notice of my I-140, it does print out a priority date "April 19, 2006". I think it is the RD of my LC.

So I start to think that:
Maybe the I-485 processing priority is like PD + RD as many people in the forum thought. They control this by the order of initiating the name check.
If someone's PD is old, they initiate their name check earlier. If someone's PD is new, they initiate their name check later. In my previous post, I mentioned that TSC told me that they initiated my name check on 9/12, but the RD of my I-485 is 7/12. After two months, they initiated my name check.
Just a thought.

phc.....i think they initiate name check only after they get your FP (they did take a very long time for you after your FP)

November 2006 Visa Bulletin EB2 Category

Is there anyone here who knows anyone with the approval for the latest PD date for EB2 India only. Just wondering if the USCIS is strictly approving cases by their schedule or are they also jumping ahead of the dates they have posted. Thanks
B

BobbySingh said:
Is there anyone here who knows anyone with the approval for the latest PD date for EB2 India only. Just wondering if the USCIS is strictly approving cases by their schedule or are they also jumping ahead of the dates they have posted. Thanks
B

Hi Bobby Sing,

Processing always default on RD. But applicant PD is not current then they will be move to next applicant. See below the example:

Name: gcMay2002

India EB2 PD: May 28, 2002

I-485 Approval: Oct 04, 2006

I-485 RD: May 02, 2006

TSC I-485 Processing Date: March 20, 2006

(Here RD is beyond than TSC processing date. So wait till your PD is current. If your all pre-requisits are completed, then your case will be ready for approval. But still keep in mind about USCIS random process. In worst case you have to wait till your RD reaches to TSC processing date to intiate status enquiry.)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=200051&page=91&pp=15

I am getting sort of worried. My PD is current, and there are many others who have a later receive date for I485 much later than me that has already got their I485 approved. Does that mean that i am stuck by the dreaded name check that could go on forever? If so, what can be done to expediate the dreaded name check process?

Thanks in advance for any replies or suggestions.

sgm66
How did you call USCIS (I heard POJ trick is not working ) and national customer service doesn't tell you about Name Check ?

Thanks

Same situation

I have about the same dates as you and in the same situation - FP cleared and name check in progress. I am not worried yet. I would give it another month or two before getting worried.

EB2 - Rest of the world.
Concurrent RD: 05/12/2006
Everything except 485 approved within 30 days (EAD, AP, 140)
FP: 06/01/2006
485 LUDS: 06/01, 06/03, 07/25, 07/26

My guess is 06/03 LUD is about FP clearance and 07/25 and 07/26 are pre-approval based on pending name check. I think everything is ready and they are just waiting for name check - as soon as its cleared, the case will be approved same day or within days.

sgms66 said:
I am getting sort of worried. My PD is current, and there are many others who have a later receive date for I485 much later than me that has already got their I485 approved. Does that mean that i am stuck by the dreaded name check that could go on forever? If so, what can be done to expediate the dreaded name check process?

Thanks in advance for any replies or suggestions.

CAPD02 , did you have any LUD after the FP LUD ?

I mean, usually one will have LUD the following day after the FP. I
also got one on Aug.16/17 2006 , but nothing after that. Reading some
previous posts i am not sure whether LUDs will be seen upcon completion
of background check.

Never mind. I saw your signature.

what's next?
please see my signature.
priority date is current.
can any body share their experience when they got their card?
no letter from ins at all since we applied for I-485, except RFE for my wife.

thanks,

victorce79

EB3 Philippines
PD 06/26/2002 I-140 LC FILED DATE
ND 08/28/2005 I-140 APPROVAL DATE
ND 07/19/2005 I-485 PENDING
EAD 1 AD 08/29/05
EAD 2 AD 08/31/06
FP 1 09/02/05 code 03

CAPD02 said:
Hi Bobby Sing,

Processing always default on RD. But applicant PD is not current then they will be move to next applicant. See below the example:

Name: gcMay2002

India EB2 PD: May 28, 2002

I-485 Approval: Oct 04, 2006

I-485 RD: May 02, 2006

TSC I-485 Processing Date: March 20, 2006

(Here RD is beyond than TSC processing date. So wait till your PD is current. If your all pre-requisits are completed, then your case will be ready for approval. But still keep in mind about USCIS random process. In worst case you have to wait till your RD reaches to TSC processing date to intiate status enquiry.)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=200051&page=91&pp=15

When was ur FP

CAPD02 said:
Hi Bobby Sing,

Hi CAPD02,

I am confused by your statement "But applicant PD is not current then they will be move to next applicant".

I thought everyone filed their I485 has a current PD, otherwise how could they file I485? So, there should not have anyone with PD un-current among the I485 applicants. Do I missing something?