TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Dependent

I observed lots of members approved I485 with dependent pending in September. Did any one got dependent approved afterword

gcMay2002 said:

Congrats gcMay2002,

Can you please share your LUDs with us? Your approval is indeed a new begining for EB2 Indians. There were no aprovals for last 4-5 months.

Thanks,
neargc

Change jobs after quick I-485 approval?

Can we switch to another job once we get the GC in our hand, or do we have to work for the sponsoring employer for some more time if the GC is approved only a short time (say three months) after it is filed?

I would think one is completely free to switch to any job 6 months after the approval of I-485 but can you guys think of any risk of switching earlier?

Thanks for your comments...

BECle said:
Can we switch to another job once we get the GC in our hand, or do we have to work for the sponsoring employer for some more time if the GC is approved only a short time (say three months) after it is filed?

I would think one is completely free to switch to any job 6 months after the approval of I-485 but can you guys think of any risk of switching earlier?

In my understanding, I think one should work with the GC sponsoring employer (atleast for a little while), if the I-485 is approved within 6 months of filling. Because GC is always filed for future employment.

And as you said, after 6 months of I-485 filing we have lot more flexibility to switch and less risk involved too.

BECle said:

Hi BECle,

There is no correct answer for this. Situtaion will justify this scenario.

See Experts comments:

1) Sheela Murthy's Comments:

http://www.murthy.com/485faq.html#13

2) Rajeev Khanna's Comments

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154533

3) Immigration Help Website:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/employment/greencard.html#Sponsoring_Employer

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Dependent pending

38 days after primary. Not yet...

track_2 said:
I observed lots of members approved I485 with dependent pending in September. Did any one got dependent approved afterword

So even after so much time (38 days) - the dependant is not yet approved? I was hoping for a quick approval for my dependant... Looks like it might be a long wait. Please update if anyone gets approval for dependant sperately and how long after primary approval it happened.

Also I saw someone asking about what kind of approval email was sent - seems there are 2 kinds - mine said approved and card ordered and some are getting approved and approval notice mailed. Any idea what the difference between the two are?

Thanks.

485 Approved

Very Good news, my 485 got approved.

This forum has been very helpful, thanks to all.

I wish you all best of Luck.

EB2
PD Apr 2002.
ND 10/2005

Lucky2005 said:
Very Good news, my 485 got approved.

This forum has been very helpful, thanks to all.

I wish you all best of Luck.

EB2
PD Apr 2002.
ND 10/2005

Lucky2005,

Congrats,

Please share more infomration which country are you from and LUD information.

Thanks,
neargc

Where am i

Hi,

This is my first posting to this forum. I have filled my Labor in july 2001 (EB3) and was pushed to BLC. I went thro substitute labor on Nov 2005 dated with PD May 2001 (EB2). Got approval till my EAD and my RD for I485 is 06/01/2006.Name Check pending.

My I140 LUD is getting updated with everymonth.

Where am i???

Labor - May01 (Sub)
I140 - RD : 01/11/2005 -Last LUD 09/13/2006
EAD -07/08/2006 Approved
AP - 06/23/2006 Approved
I485 - Last LUD 07/18/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Dependent

Thanks all for there reply. It seems all panding dependent belong to EB2. There PD are very late than EB3. There RD are after March 20 (less than six months). Primary got early approval (less than six month) and dependent are waiting. It may take six month to approve from RD. (My assumption).

track_2 said:
Thanks all for there reply. It seems all panding dependent belong to EB2. There PD are very late than EB3. There RD are after March 20 (less than six months). Primary got early approval (less than six month) and dependent are waiting. It may take six month to approve from RD. (My assumption).
My 485 is also stuck (wife already approved). Mine had a 2nd RFE I guess that's why it's still pending. No LUD about the RFE though but I sent out my response yesterday. They should get it today or tomorrow. My wife had an RFE prior to approval as well. It took them approx. 8 days from receipt of RFE to approve her 485. Keep checking with your lawyer to make sure they haven't received an RFE cause I didn't get a LUD on the 2nd RFE.

485-Approved

osage said:
So even after so much time (38 days) - the dependant is not yet approved? I was hoping for a quick approval for my dependant... Looks like it might be a long wait. Please update if anyone gets approval for dependant sperately and how long after primary approval it happened.

Also I saw someone asking about what kind of approval email was sent - seems there are 2 kinds - mine said approved and card ordered and some are getting approved and approval notice mailed. Any idea what the difference between the two are?

Thanks.
I am the primary, received emails yesterday saying that my I-485 application has been approved and notice mailed. But it's not mentioned about card ordered. Also there is no LUD or approval for my spouse. We both have the same time line I am not sure, what's happening.

Anybody knows, in how many days do I receive my plastic card and when I should expect my dependent approval?

Osage, did you receive your cards yet?

Thanks in advance.

DUDE123:
You should get your card about 5-8 days later. My wife's was approved 9/22 and LUD saying card ordered and mailed on 9/27. She got the plastic on 9/29.

Dependent approvals vary some say 2 months some more... I'm hoping mine comes out soon because I know someone is working on it cause I got a 2nd RFE.

junkyudog said:
DUDE123:
You should get your card about 5-8 days later. My wife's was approved 9/22 and LUD saying card ordered and mailed on 9/27. She got the plastic on 9/29.

Dependent approvals vary some say 2 months some more... I'm hoping mine comes out soon because I know someone is working on it cause I got a 2nd RFE.
Thanks junkyudog. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks dude123 and junkyudog for the responses.

I have not recieved my card yet - the online message is still the same - `On October 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready'

So I am guessing that I will get another message when the card has been sent. Also, I will keep checking with my lawyer in case my spouse has an RFE on her 485. Lets keep each other posted if the dependants get their approvals.

dude123 said:
I am the primary, received emails yesterday saying that my I-485 application has been approved and notice mailed. But it's not mentioned about card ordered. Also there is no LUD or approval for my spouse. We both have the same time line I am not sure, what's happening.

Anybody knows, in how many days do I receive my plastic card and when I should expect my dependent approval?

Osage, did you receive your cards yet?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: