TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Question on the Processing order of I-485

I have a question on how USCIS processes 485 applications for Retogressed countries.

Let us take my example:

My Priority date is July 30th 2002 from India.

I filed I-485 on July 21st 2006(Received Date).

Let us say that my Priority date becomes current in October 2006(ASSUMPTION).

Now if there is another applicant from India who filed 485 earlier than me but his priority date is later than me(but his date is current as well), will his application get processed first or mine?

So does I-485 Received date takes precedence or the Priority date?

2getgc said:
Service Center Processing Dates Posted September 08, 2006
TSC: 03/08/2006

Move forward almost 4 monthes compared with the processing date reported on 08/28/2006
USCIS has improved the reporting procedure for processing times of immigration benefit applications again?

I hear ya... :) Go figure.

imcdude said:
I have a question on how USCIS processes 485 applications for Retogressed countries.

Let us take my example:

My Priority date is July 30th 2002 from India.

I filed I-485 on July 21st 2006(Received Date).

Let us say that my Priority date becomes current in October 2006(ASSUMPTION).

Now if there is another applicant from India who filed 485 earlier than me but his priority date is later than me(but his date is current as well), will his application get processed first or mine?

So does I-485 Received date takes precedence or the Priority date?

Hi imcdude,

I-485 applications processed based on Received Date. See, the published USCIS I-485 processing dates, always it shows Received Date. Only labor approvals are based on PD, but I-140 and I-485 are based on RD.

During I-485 process, Priority date will be used to determine whethere visa number is available or not.

If your PD is current and all your security checks has been cleared, they will assign visa number to your I-485 application and it will be processed based on Received date.

Another scenario is, If both applicants are current, but the approval will be done for the applicant whose security checks are cleared first. (PD/RD doesn't matter).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
still related to the visa availability.
what does this mean?
is this the same meaning with getting the A# in the biorithmic/FP invitation?
or, in otherwords, is having A# in the FP invitation means there is visa
available for us?
sorry for not really understanding the process.

wong_cilik said:
still related to the visa availability.
what does this mean?
is this the same meaning with getting the A# in the biorithmic/FP invitation?
or, in otherwords, is having A# in the FP invitation means there is visa
available for us?
sorry for not really understanding the process.

Hi Wong_Clik,

Alien number will assign to all the I-485 applicants. USCIS will use this number to grant temporary immigrant benefits like EAD/AP etc. Having A# doesn’t assure your I-485 will get approved. Approval based on visa number and secuiry check clearance.

You can find the Visa number availability for your PD by seeing Visa Bulletin. This bulletin will publish every month. See the below URL and look for
Current Bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

See the table of contents for Employment Based dates and look for your country name. You can see only China, India, Mexico and Philippines country names with dates. If you are not belongs to either of any nationality, so you have to look under All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed.

Example: In current bulletin (Sep 2006), if you look for Employment Based 2nd, you can see the following cut-off dates:

China: 01MAR05
India: U
Mexico: C
Philippines: C
All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed: C

The above PD dates are current for the above nationalities.

What's this mean,

I-485 applicants from China whose Priority Date before Mar 01, 2005 are eligible for I-485 approval. i.e. Visa Numbers are available
for only these people. If applicant from China whose PD is later than Mar 01, 2005 will not get visa number and will not get approval.

There is no visa numbers for available for Indian nationality I-485 EB2 applicants

Visa numbers available for all Mexico nationality I-485 EB2 applicants

Visa numbers available for all Philippines nationality I-485 EB2 applicants

Visa numbers available for all rest of the nationalities

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi phc,
I contacted the representative where I live (AZ) and not TX. I hadn't even thought about TX at all so far. I think it would make sense to contact your local representative since you live in his district. The address is: www.house.gov and then enter your zip.
Good luck to all for fast processing.

phc said:
HI GC_2006,
Thank you very much for your generous sharing. I have a question about the congressman. Did you contact with the House of Representatives office in your district(state where you live)? or the Texas Congressman?
Thanks.
Since all the I-485 cases are sent to either NSC or TSC. Do you think people from outside of Texas should contact their onw Congressman or Texas Congressman?
Thank you very much!

2getgc said:
Service Center Processing Dates Posted September 08, 2006
TSC: 03/08/2006

Move forward almost 4 monthes compared with the processing date reported on 08/28/2006
USCIS has improved the reporting procedure for processing times of immigration benefit applications again?

Somebody reminded them that they have to process cases in 180 days. So they put up a new date. Without changing anything.

I-485 Approved

Hi, everybody.

I just received email notices that my I-485 as well as my wife's have been approved. Thank you very much for sharing experiences. I'm relieved.

leviathan,

Congrats!!! It's your turn to celebrate! Do something nice for yourself and your family!

Hope you don't stop contributing to the forums - you've been great help to many people, including myself.

Cheers!

leviathan said:
Hi, everybody.

I just received email notices that my I-485 as well as my wife's have been approved. Thank you very much for sharing experiences. I'm relieved.
Congrats

Do you have a LUD prior to the AD?

I think i am still stuck in name check :(

sgms66, how do you check whether your fingerprint & name check are being cleared or not? What number did you call? Both my wife and I did our FP last month and wondering how is the current status... :confused:

civ2ru said:
leviathan,

Congrats!!! It's your turn to celebrate! Do something nice for yourself and your family!

Hope you don't stop contributing to the forums - you've been great help to many people, including myself.

Cheers!
civ2ru,

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate your contributions to this forum.

sgms66 said:
Congrats

Do you have a LUD prior to the AD?

I think i am still stuck in name check :(
No. I checked my LUD literally 10 minutes before the approval email. It was Jul 8, 2006. As you may know, many (if not all) people had a LUD on that date.

Please Help

My lawyer filed I-140/I-485/EAD toghter (concurrent filing) to NSC for me on 8/25/06, I got receipt on 9/5/06 from TSC. Now I like to file AP myself, which Service center should I mail to? should I mail it with certified mail service or ship it with FedEx? If anybody knows the answer, please help me.

I-485 Approved!!!

Finally it's my day. Thanks God so much for His blessing!
See my detailed info in my signature.

I want to thank all of you cool guys on the forum for your precious information sharing! You guys good luck for your long journey. It looks like TSC is doing great! Be patient and pray. You will get there. My journey took me almost 5 years for 3 times trial to GC and finally we reach here.

Just one small trick: We just changed our address today and after 2 hours we got the LUD notice about our (me and my wife) approval. At the time we inquiried our address change, the rep still told us our case was pending. Now we don't know where the approval notice and card will be mailed. Old or new address? I guess I will have to hijack my mails in front of my old mailbox. :p

God bless you! My friends! Dabu out.

You should file it to TSC. Either service is fine, I think.
LC001 said:
My lawyer filed I-140/I-485/EAD toghter (concurrent filing) to NSC for me on 8/25/06, I got receipt on 9/5/06 from TSC. Now I like to file AP myself, which Service center should I mail to? should I mail it with certified mail service or ship it with FedEx? If anybody knows the answer, please help me.

Got LUD

Got a LUD today, hopefully it is a good sign.

PERM submitted, EB-2: November 24 2005
PERM Audit Notice: February 17 2006
PERM Audit Response: March 10 2006
PERM Certified: April 17 2006 (Patriot's Day!)

I-140/I-485/EAD World, submitted to Nebraska: June 2 2006
Nebraska transferred case to Texas
I-140/I-485/EAD receipt note from Texas: June 12 2006
I-140 approved 07/19/2006
I-485 LUD 06/14, 06/23, 07/07, 07/08, 9/11

Fingerprint notice received: June 21 2006
Fingerprinting done: June 27 2006

EAD approved: July 6 2006
EAD cards received: July 14 2006

Pls add me to the tracker

Hi

I have been a silent reader of the forum for a long time.. Please add my details to the tracker:

EB2/Rest of World - TSC

I-140/485 RD May 16, 2006
I-140/485 ND May 22, 2006
I-131 RD: May 24, 2006 AD: August 05, 2006
I-765 RD: May 24, 2006 AD: July 01, 2006
I-140 AD: July 14, 2006

I-485: FP: 6/06/2006 LUD:5/22, 5/23, 6/7, 7/8
I-485 AD: ?

My spouse has a similar timeline as well.

Called TSC on 08/07 and was told my FP cleared but name check pending.. Forgot to ask about spouse status :(

neotheone said:
You should file it to TSC. Either service is fine, I think.
Thank you for your quick reply. :) Do you know the address of TSC, it shows on the USCIS web as: USCIS TSC Po Box 851182 Masquite, TX 76185-1182, A friend of my told me Fedex will not accept po box number, any idea? :confused: