TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I tested it by doing the same thing today. If tomorrow I don't have LUD then it could be a good news for you.

EB2/RIR/Others
LC RD 05/22/02 AD 05/11/06 New Jersey --> PBEC
I-140 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/31/06 AD 07/29/06 08/01/06 08/07/06
I-485 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/26/06
FP: 07/25/06
I-765 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/27/06 AD 07/26/06
I-131 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/31/06 08/01/06 AD 08/02/06 08/07/06

I have called several times, done the automatic thing, spoken to a nice lady, and no LUDs. So, to phc, sounds like there is some movement in your case.

gc2006usa: Thank you. I will call and let everyone know how it goes.

I am also writing a letter of inquiry to the TSC. Any arguments against this? Sometimes I feel that the files have to be pushed from several sides. I am a firm believer that bureaucracy can be defeated by being proactive.

pleaseGOD said:
How much is quota assigned to India each year?

Yearly 140,000 visa numbers available for all Employee based green cards.

These numbers divided among five categories as follows:

EB1 28.6% of the yearly worldwide limit (40,000)

EB2 28.6% of the yearly worldwide limit (40,000)

EB3 28.6% of the yearly worldwide limit (40,000)

EB4 7.1% of the yearly worldwide limit (10,000)

EB5 7.1% of the yearly worldwide limit (10,000)

Availability is further limited within each EB category by per country limits that allow no more than 7% of the total available to the category.

So, Indian nationality EB2 applicants will get 7 % of 40,000.
Indian nationality EB3 applicants will get 7 % of 40,000.

(i.e approx 2800 visa numbers for EB2, 2800 visa numbers for EB3 on every year.)

How it works: Let's see this scenario

If an Indian EB2 applicant file I-485 for himself plus wife and two kids, their approvals consume four visa numbers from current year's annual EB2 India's quota.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingerprints cleared

gc2006usa said:
Call FBI @ 304-625-5590 and provide your A#. They will be able to tell if FP results has been forwared back to USCIS. FBI will not tell you if your name check is cleared or not.

As your RD has passed 30 days from the current TSC processing date, the inquiry results will provide you an answer on where your application stand right now, or it will be approved soon.

Hi gc2006usa. I called the number you provided, and indeed they confirmed that all cases (mine, spouse's and son's) were processed and sent back to USCIS the same day the fingerprints were taken. I guess the next step would be to find out why the case is delayed. I requested an inquiry by phone by I am also sending a letter.

Is there any way to find out if name check is cleared?

How do I update the tracker with my info?

Thanks

manishg_in: can you please update the tracker for MGPY06.

MGPY06: Previously (couple of months back) few of us in this forum called TSC to know if name check has been cleared or not. But, now things have been changed and customer representatives are not that much user friendly, and they don't provide any information if the case RD has not passed 30 days from the processing date.

I suggest you to send the letter that you are thinking and wait for their response. The response of your inquiry should tell why it's delayed (probably for name check clearance), or they will approve your case as soon as they receive your inquiry. If you don't get any response in a month, you might consider contacting your local Congressman or Senator to help you out.

MGPY06 said:
Hi gc2006usa. I called the number you provided, and indeed they confirmed that all cases (mine, spouse's and son's) were processed and sent back to USCIS the same day the fingerprints were taken. I guess the next step would be to find out why the case is delayed. I requested an inquiry by phone by I am also sending a letter.

Is there any way to find out if name check is cleared?

How do I update the tracker with my info?

Thanks

Waiting4LC,
Thanks a lot for doing the same thing just to test it. Please kindly let us know what your result are. :)
MGPY06,
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us.
I hope it is a good sign and I can hear a good news soon. :)

gc2006usa said:
Previously (couple of months back) few of us in this forum called TSC to know if name check has been cleared or not. But, now things have been changed and customer representatives are not that much user friendly, and they don't provide any information if the case RD has not passed 30 days from the processing date.

Told you so it would happen. And some folks here argued it is OK to call several times a day for a couple month old application. Idiots.

rollover

Is it also not true that any unused visa by other country will be rolled over next year. Considring that what would be the probable number of visa for country like India.

CAPD02 said:
Yearly 140,000 visa numbers available for all Employee based green cards.

These numbers divided among five categories as follows:

EB1 28.6% of the yearly worldwide limit (40,000)

EB2 28.6% of the yearly worldwide limit (40,000)

EB3 28.6% of the yearly worldwide limit (40,000)

EB4 7.1% of the yearly worldwide limit (10,000)

EB5 7.1% of the yearly worldwide limit (10,000)

Availability is further limited within each EB category by per country limits that allow no more than 7% of the total available to the category.

So, Indian nationality EB2 applicants will get 7 % of 40,000.
Indian nationality EB3 applicants will get 7 % of 40,000.

(i.e approx 2800 visa numbers for EB2, 2800 visa numbers for EB3 on every year.)

How it works: Let's see this scenario

If an Indian EB2 applicant file I-485 for himself plus wife and two kids, their approvals consume four visa numbers from current year's annual EB2 India's quota.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

It is ok if you call every 60 days. They keep a track how frequently you are calling. If it is too frequent, they will not reply you. I called today to check my name check status and I was told that it is not cleared yet. However, the lady asked me "when did I called last time". So I will call up again after 60 days.

gc2006usa said:
manishg_in: can you please update the tracker for MGPY06.

MGPY06: Previously (couple of months back) few of us in this forum called TSC to know if name check has been cleared or not. But, now things have been changed and customer representatives are not that much user friendly, and they don't provide any information if the case RD has not passed 30 days from the processing date.

I suggest you to send the letter that you are thinking and wait for their response. The response of your inquiry should tell why it's delayed (probably for name check clearance), or they will approve your case as soon as they receive your inquiry. If you don't get any response in a month, you might consider contacting your local Congressman or Senator to help you out.

sk0902 said:
It is ok if you call every 60 days. They keep a track how frequently you are calling. If it is too frequent, they will not reply you. I called today to check my name check status and I was told that it is not cleared yet. However, the lady asked me "when did I called last time". So I will call up again after 60 days.
HI sk0902,
Would you mind sharing the number you called with us? I tried 1-800-375-5283. This number only provides some automated services or speak to a representative only if change of address, some emergency etc.
I would eager to know what the current name check status of my case is.
Thank you very much.

Axxe said:
... got LUD on all my applications (inluding all the long approved ones - EAD, AP, I140) yesterday.

And another one today - I140, and all the cases for me and my wife (EAD, AP, I485) - LUD on 9/13/06

Why do they update all the cases, not just I485? Guess they are all in the same folder?

sk0902 said:
Is it also not true that any unused visa by other country will be rolled over next year. Considring that what would be the probable number of visa for country like India.

YES. Unused annual quota will not rolled over next year. But any unused EB1 quota for that year will be allocated to EB2. Similarly unused anuual quota of EB2 will be goes to EB3.

Thanks

CAPD02 said:
YES. Unused annual quota will not rolled over next year. But any unused EB1 quota for that year will be allocated to EB2. Similarly unused anuual quota of EB2 will be goes to EB3.

Thanks

But worldwide will not roll into India or China, right?

I am glad I am Current.

same here

Axxe said:
And another one today - I140, and all the cases for me and my wife (EAD, AP, I485) - LUD on 9/13/06

Why do they update all the cases, not just I485? Guess they are all in the same folder?

I had two continous LUD on my pending 485 (9/11/06,9/12/06), and today have a LUD on my "old" 140(9/13/06).

Axxe said:
But worldwide will not roll into India or China, right?

I am glad I am Current.

Hi Axxe,

First of all, unused numbers would not roll over to the next year in any EB category. It’s only possible, if congress made resolution to recapture the unused numbers for coming years.

The other thing about getting additional quota for any category on that year is possible, if and only preceding category have any left over the quota.
On these retrogressed days, practically it's not possible.
(Unused EB1 annual quota -> EB2)

Worldwide quota will not roll over to India/China.

(See this limitation: Maximum 7% of regular annual quota allowed for any single country. If India and China already utlized 7% of their quota, they won't get any numbers from rest of the world's quota.)

Your PD is current, so I wish you will get approval soon.

Thanks

My wife and I got LUD on all our approved I-140 and pending I-485 in TSC today (9/13). We also got LUDs on 9/7.

Same thing happened to my friends.

Looks like a massive LUD. Nothing special.

againusa said:
I had two continous LUD on my pending 485 (9/11/06,9/12/06), and today have a LUD on my "old" 140(9/13/06).

It depends who pick up your phone. As per USCIS new policy (http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/factsheet/howdoi/f_english.qxd.pdf see page 2), they are not supposed to provide any details/status of a case if it is within normal processing time. Probably the rep who picked up your call was too kind.

BTW:- I called TSC only once on July 13th.

sk0902 said:

You are missing the point.

I don't think they changed their policy due to few calls from this forum. Hardly 30 people in this forum called that time which represent less than 0.01% of all pending 485 applications.

I do not also believe if you call frequently to USCIS, your case will be delayed as they keep track (I doubt they keep any track of your call) of the number of call that you make to USCIS customer service. One of my colleges (sits next to my cube) had a 485 application with TSC, he and his spouse used to call TSC every week, and their case has been approved last week in less than 3 months.

Take it easy....

Axxe said:
Told you so it would happen. And some folks here argued it is OK to call several times a day for a couple month old application. Idiots.

jbxieperm2005 said:
My wife and I got LUD on all our approved I-140 and pending I-485 in TSC today (9/13). We also got LUDs on 9/7.

Same thing happened to my friends.

Looks like a massive LUD. Nothing special.

My wife's and my 485 cases had LUDs on 9/7 when they received RFE response and also on 9/8.

Her case had LUD on 9/12.

We both had LUD on 9/13 - but her LUD occurred before midday (Pacific) and mine occurred between midday and 10pm (Pacific).

Hopefully its not a 'massive LUD' and people's cases are moving forward closer to approval.. :)