TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

latest tracker

likuliku : EAD
MGPY06 : there is no point of adding your AP's AD to the tracker, since you have applied much later for it than for I485

Another transfer?

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Hi,

I received a status update saying ...

we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

I filed my labor from New Jersey. Sent papers to Nebraska but the case transferred from Nebraska to Texas service center. TSC approved my I-140,AP and EAD .

Now , why are they transferring I-485 to Vermont. Anybody in similar situation or any idea why ?

Really? :eek:

My case is similar to you except I came from the non-retro country. I haven't heard anything about transfering. If I got any news I will keep you posted.

Regards,
EB2/RIR/Others
LC RD 05/22/02 AD 05/11/06 (NJ --> PBEC)
I-140 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/31/06 AD 07/29/06 08/01/06 08/07/06
I-485 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/26/06
FP: 07/25/06
I-765 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/27/06 AD 07/26/06
I-131 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/31/06 08/01/06 AD 08/02/06 08/07/06

Not sure why...

RJ_NJ2002,

I called my lawyer office, the paralegal said it could be anything. Maybe Vermont has less work loads or has more people or Texas is overwhelming with the cases. He thinks Vermont is pretty on top of the things, but I saw their PD date as June 2005 so I am also confused now. :confused:

But I haven't got such notice yet.

Regards

Should I renew my H1B for 8th year?

After 6 months of filing (or approval) of I-140, you can change your jobs, right? I am not planning to change it, but do I really need to extend my H1B? Can't I just use this 6 months provision in case something happens to my job - which is highly unlikely.

Thanks

Waiting4lc,

Thanks for info. I don't know whether it is a good sign(faster processing).I will post, if I have any further updates.

Waiting4LC said:
RJ_NJ2002,

I called my lawyer office, the paralegal said it could be anything. Maybe Vermont has less work loads or has more people or Texas is overwhelming with the cases. He thinks Vermont is pretty on top of the things, but I saw their PD date as June 2005 so I am also confused now. :confused:

But I haven't got such notice yet.

Regards

msabir said:
After 6 months of filing (or approval) of I-140, you can change your jobs, right? I am not planning to change it, but do I really need to extend my H1B? Can't I just use this 6 months provision in case something happens to my job - which is highly unlikely.
Thanks

You can change job at any time actually. However, it's safer to do after 6 months from I-485 filing date (not I-140) and only if your I-140 is approved. Otherwise USCIS may revoke your I-140 and cancel AOS processing (I-485). And also your new work should be the same or similar.
It makes sense to stay on H1b while your I-485 pending because in case of its rejection you will still be able to stay legally in the country on H1. Otherwise you will be rendered out of status.

OK. Thanks for clarification. My concurrent RD is 05/10/2006 and I-140 AD is 06/05/2006. Everything is approved (AP, EAD, 140) except I-485. I guess FP/background check is in progress. Once the clearance is done, I don't see any problem with I-485 -- everything is done correcly and non-retrogrssed country.

I am trying to figure out if I should extend H1B or wait another 1-3 months for 485 approval.

alex904 said:
You can change job at any time actually. However, it's safer to do after 6 months from I-485 filing date (not I-140) and only if your I-140 is approved. Otherwise USCIS may revoke your I-140 and cancel AOS processing (I-485). And also your new work should be the same or similar.
It makes sense to stay on H1b while your I-485 pending because in case of its rejection you will still be able to stay legally in the country on H1. Otherwise you will be rendered out of status.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Waiting4lc,

Thanks for info. I don't know whether it is a good sign(faster processing).I will post, if I have any further updates.

RJ_NJ2002
Our RDs are almost same...I will post, if I hear anything on my case. Today there was a LUD on my 485 today but nothing changed yet.

Following are the details
INDIA/EB2 - 08/17/2001 PD
140/485 RD - 06/26/06
FP : 07/10/06
EAD AD : 07/20/06
AP AD : 08/01/06
140 AD : 08/18/06
I-485 LUD : 07/12/06 (FP), 09/15/06 ( Name check update ? )

please help and answer my query

phc,MGPY06, Waiting4LC

Like you, I also called to enquire about my pending 485 on 9/13 and 9/14 I had LUD on mine and my wife's 485 (I did not enquire on her 485, I am the primary applicant). Did we figure out that calling USCIS Texas office (for 485 enquiry) results in a change of LUD?

Thanks in advance

akela said:
phc,MGPY06, Waiting4LC

Like you, I also called to enquire about my pending 485 on 9/13 and 9/14 I had LUD on mine and my wife's 485 (I did not enquire on her 485, I am the primary applicant). Did we figure out that calling USCIS Texas office (for 485 enquiry) results in a change of LUD?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I called the number 1-800-375-5283. I don't know the TSC phone number. If you called the same number as I did, then Waiting4LC tested it by doing the same thing and figured out that he/she didnot have a LUD after calling that 1-800 number the next day. Also MGPY06 also replied that he has been calling them for many times and no LUD after calling.
So, I guess you can probably wait for good news unless you called a different number.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the number I called. Dude thanks for the best wishesh, but soryy that GC has made me a pessimist (seriously, I believe I have paid a far higher price than what it is worth)!!
Will I be believer again? Will my spirit sore again over the clouds!!

I hope so
regards

How did you call?

akela said:
phc,MGPY06, Waiting4LC

Thanks in advance

Did someone pick up your phone or you just used the automated system?

automated.
Btw this is what I followed
(for TSC customers Only: Call directly using POJ technique:
Dial National customer service number:
1-800-375-5283---select 1—select 2—select 6—select 1—enter your SRC number—select 1---select 3—and select 4 to speak to a TSC representative. If your I-485 SRC doesn’t work, punch in your I-140 SRC after going back to the main menu. When the representative asks for SRC number, give your 485 SRC)

4 does not take u to any rep now, but then I tried when it was almost 6 PM evening (5:59 PM). So I do not know what would happen if you do it early. Please try and let us know. Also please let us know if this changes you LUD or not.

I-485 Status

It seems thaht everyone here is really anxious! A lot of people are wondering why their I-485 has not been approved, but their receipt dates are 2 months ago!

There are many out there who have their applications in for more than 6 months, AND are not stuck in name check.

My I485 has a notice date of January 23 2006. My lawyers were in contact with USCIS and they were informed that everything was fine with my case, it was just waiting in line. I think a lot has to do with the type of petition you have. The USCIS officeer informed my lawyers that they were currently working a huge stack of EB2 cases received bewteen January and March 8 2006.

So, if anyone has a receipt date in that period and are in the EB 2 category, hopefully there will be some good news soon.

letared said:
It seems thaht everyone here is really anxious! A lot of people are wondering why their I-485 has not been approved, but their receipt dates are 2 months ago!

There are many out there who have their applications in for more than 6 months, AND are not stuck in name check.

My I485 has a notice date of January 23 2006. My lawyers were in contact with USCIS and they were informed that everything was fine with my case, it was just waiting in line. I think a lot has to do with the type of petition you have. The USCIS officeer informed my lawyers that they were currently working a huge stack of EB2 cases received bewteen January and March 8 2006.

So, if anyone has a receipt date in that period and are in the EB 2 category, hopefully there will be some good news soon.

What will happen if PD is current for EB2( PD is early 2002 , india) and their RD is 6/30/06 ??
is that they have to wait until RD is 6/30/06

There is a definite reason for folks here are anxious even though there cases are only 2 months old !!!

Some 485 applications have been approved in just few weeks, and some, like yours, are still waiting in the queue. If USCIS processes the cases in First-In-First-Serve basis, then people would not be anxious. "USCIS processes the cases on random basis", and that is THE reason for putting the people in anxious mode :)

letared said:

Please help -- ANYONE!

My lawyer contacted me today to tell me he got a "notice of intent to deny" for my I-140... is that the same as an RFE? If not, what is the likelihood of getting my case approved if we can address their issue with my I-140 (employer's ability to pay)?

PLEASE shed some light here... I'm so upset, frustrated, confused...

I'd really appreciate any input!

keepingfaith said:
My lawyer contacted me today to tell me he got a "notice of intent to deny" for my I-140... is that the same as an RFE? If not, what is the likelihood of getting my case approved if we can address their issue with my I-140 (employer's ability to pay)?

PLEASE shed some light here... I'm so upset, frustrated, confused...

I'd really appreciate any input!

Yes, your lawyer got an RFE. This kind of RFE (employer's ability to pay) is quite common for I-140 cases sponsored by a small size company. Your lawyer should know what needs to be sent. Most of the letters (maybe except few approval and receipt notice letters) sent by USCIS has a common sentence “This case will be denied/abondoned…blah blah….”. As for example, look into your FP notice letter.

Don't worry too much, you will be fine.

The same case to me

gamzekonal said:
I just got an email for RFE. I am not sure what it is about. Here is my info:
EB2/ Worldwide
PD: June 27, 2006
I-140 AD: 8/11/2006
I-485 RD: 8/02/2006
ND: 8/3/06
FP: 8/17/2006
RFE: 9/14/2006