TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

got RFE for AP?

My LUD shows a RFE for my AP. Never heard RFE for AP.

Is there any support document needed for AP only? I think AP application is always tied up with I485. So I guess I miss something for my I485. Any idea?

--------------------Airway------------------------
I140: RD 07/19/2006, AD 08/15/2006
I485: RD 07/19/2006, LUD 08/11/2006
AP: RD 07/19/2006, REF 08/31/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

alex904 said:
Nobody can reject your H1b on base of your immigration intents. It's a double intent visa. And yes, you can use your AP.

Thanks for the clarification.
ybnyk

Thanks

getinfo said:
hi, I just used my AP to enter this country. I was on my 8th year H1B. I left on July 20. AP approved on Aug2. (I had the lawyer sent my AP to my country). I came back to USA on Aug 25 using AP via Chicago O'Hare. They didn't even ask 1 question. You just make sure you bring your H1B approval notice, EAD, company letter, I140/I485 receipt, W2 and bank statement just in case. All you need to show the official are your passport and AP paper.

enjoy your time!!
Thanks for your response.
ybnyk

RE: I485 approved..

alex904 said:
Hey Alien! Glad we all pursuaded you to finally get married. :p Congrats on your GC and marriage.
I'm afraid it's too late to file I-485 for your wife in any circumstances. However she can go for FTJ (I-824). It's not the same as I-130 and completely different from AOD (I-485). According to my lawyer FTJ cases in TSC were approved in 2-3 weeks in last couple months. It's very good sign. Your wife will have to go to her home country to get GC there though. Not a big deal I hope.
gc_2006 said:
That's awesome and I am so glad you asked and we could urge you to get married (personally I thought it would take you more time - all the paperwork and such...) you are in a much better situation than if you hadn't filed. Enjoy the holiday weekend and hope all continues to go well for you.
Thanks alex904 and gc_2006. You guys rock! you are the ones who gave me lots of information regarding marriage before GC and encouraged me. You guys literally persuaded me to get married:). Other friends helped directly/indirectly as well. I am a happy and married man now:).
FTJ may not be option for us as she is studying here and will be graduating in 9 months. My Lawyer says direct I485 is possible (lawyer says we can try but not sure!!) even after my I485 approval, because she is here and we have marriage certificate prior to approval. We will see how it goes, but we are prepared for the worst case scenario.
crazy_frog said:
Congratulations alien! It's good that your wife is here and in the worst case scenario she can find a job after graduation and file for her own green card. But I heard from my lawyer that if you get married even one day before I-485 approval you can file for her I-485 later on. So no worries man.
Yeah that's what my lawyer says too! If not, we will have to explore other ways!
Just out of curiousity, aren't you Persian?
Do I sound like a Persian? Do I write like a Persian? Isn't that the worst complement one could ever have?
Hehehe..I am just kidding! We used to joke around like that with friends in undergrad program. I am not persian though:)

Cheers!

Alien

Why do you need H1-B visa?

ybnyk said:
Hi,
I am at 7th year extension and is going to expire in Jan 2007. I already got EAD and AP last month. I am planing to go to my home country this month and go for 7th year H1B stamping. In case if it gets rejected (probable immigrant as I have already applied for 140/485), can I still come back on the AP documents?
Please let me know.
Thanks
ybnyk

If you have EAD/AP why do you need H1-B visa? Isn't it just a waste of time energy and money?

Spouse's EAD approved on 8/31.

I still don't know if its a good idea if spouse should start working (on F-1 stahtus currently). Lawyer says get onto H-4 status before working. Though Real Canadian suggested its fine to use EAD while on F-1. I am still doubtful. What happens if 485 is refused? Will my spouse have to leave since he will not have a dual intention status like H's protection?

Congrats

Hi,
This is pretty neat. When do you think you are likely to get the actual card ?. Also, how long did the 485 phase take after you sent the AOS documents ?. Is it about 12 weeks ?

EB1India said:
Hi,
This is pretty neat. When do you think you are likely to get the actual card ?. Also, how long did the 485 phase take after you sent the AOS documents ?. Is it about 12 weeks ?

Thanks! As soon as I get the card, I'll let you know. And my 485 phase took... let's see, from 06/26 to 08/31... about 66 days?

Lud?

civ2ru said:
Updated info for the tracker, below. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! This is great news for a labor day holiday! Did you have any LUD before I-485 approval? I filed I-485 several days after your, so I am really hope to see my approval in the near future.

Updated my info on the tracker worksheet

Hope we will see some substantial movement in September for everyone here. Hope USCIS, at least Texas service center, will reach the 6 months goal for processing I485. Good luck to everyone here.

A request

NAYAK and richshi,
Please do not edit and attach your own copy of the tracker to the forum. You can always ask me to do that. This will avoid confusion as to which XLS file is the latest.

richshi said:
Hope we will see some substantial movement in September for everyone here. Hope USCIS, at least Texas service center, will reach the 6 months goal for processing I485. Good luck to everyone here.

RFE replied

I just replied to an RFE for copies of passports and previous 797 approval notices. It was sent Fedex on 9/1 and received on 9/2. No LUD update yet...

LongLostHopeIN said:
Congrats! This is great news for a labor day holiday! Did you have any LUD before I-485 approval? I filed I-485 several days after your, so I am really hope to see my approval in the near future.

I had a LUD earlier on August 31, before the approval. Good luck to you!!!

Was this for me?

Did you mean that you had LUD on your approved I-140 on Aug 31? Did somebody else also see similar pattern?
civ2ru said:
I had a LUD earlier on August 31, before the approval. Good luck to you!!!