TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Because...

rollingstone said:
If you have EAD/AP why do you need H1-B visa? Isn't it just a waste of time energy and money?
Oh, I heard many people in this forum and lawyers advicing to maintain the H1B status till the 485 gets approved. May be because, you don't have to leave the country immediately if your 485 gets rejected, but you can stay till the H1B is valid.
ybnyk

NIW-Nov 04 said:
Did you have a LUD on Eb1-EA (I-140) before I-485 approval?

No, the August 31 LUD was on my I-485, not I-140. Sorry for any confusion. The last LUDs on my I-140 were around the I-485 RD (I filed non-concurrently).

Pls add my information to the tracker. By the way even I got an LUD on my approved I-140 today. Wonder what that is all about !!!

Cheers!
Navneet

How many LUDs in a typical case?

civ2ru said:
No, the August 31 LUD was on my I-485, not I-140. Sorry for any confusion. The last LUDs on my I-140 were around the I-485 RD (I filed non-concurrently).

Hi,
I am just wondering if anybody knows how many LUDs will be there for 485 before the approval for a typical normal case. Mine is not filed concurrently. So far there is only one LUD after the biometrics scan.
Thanks
ybnyk

Some observations

My observation is that there are following LUDs before approval:

1 or 2 around RD.
2 right after FP.
2 in about 6-8 weeks (name check results)
1-2 right before approval.

This is not consistent - just a pattern that seem to exist in most cases.

ybnyk said:
Hi,
I am just wondering if anybody knows how many LUDs will be there for 485 before the approval for a typical normal case. Mine is not filed concurrently. So far there is only one LUD after the biometrics scan.
Thanks
ybnyk

RFE on AP

I got an email on the 29th saying that USCIS has mailed me a 'Request for Evidence' on the 29th for my pending AP application. I have not recieved it yet?

Any insights on how many days it should take? I got the reciept in 4 days.

Also, anyone get an RFE on an AP application?

:confused:
ZB

Zany_Brainy,
I got a RFE for AP also. AP: RD 07/19/2006, REF 08/31/2006. Do not know what happens for my AP?

ybnk,

Does your statement holds good even if someone has crossed 6 years on H1B ?

ybnyk said:
Oh, I heard many people in this forum and lawyers advicing to maintain the H1B status till the 485 gets approved. May be because, you don't have to leave the country immediately if your 485 gets rejected, but you can stay till the H1B is valid.
ybnyk

Zany_Brainy said:
I got an email on the 29th saying that USCIS has mailed me a 'Request for Evidence' on the 29th for my pending AP application. I have not recieved it yet?

ZB

My wife and I had RFE on our 485 case on 8/24. Timeline for our RFE was:

- 8/24 19:00 (Pacific) email received
- LUD 8/24
- LUD 8/25
- 8/26 RFE letter received by attorney
- 9/1 RFE response sent
- 9/2 07:00 (Central) RFE response received by USCIS (according to Fedex)

On 8/25 I called TSC to see if I could find out what the RFE required. However the lady on the phone said they don't have access to that information. (Obvious question is - why does the RFE email say to call them if you have questions and the CSRs don't have access to the information that tells them what the letter was about..?) She also said we needed to wait 14 business days for the RFE letter to not turn up before we should call again.

You could give TSC a call using POJ trick? You may have more luck than I did...

I am not very sure

RJ_NJ2002 said:
ybnk,

Does your statement holds good even if someone has crossed 6 years on H1B ?
I am not very sure. I have seen something like this in the forum. So, I am not sure :)

5 working days

Based on my experience, it takes around FIVE WORKING days to get the mail from USCIS.
Zany_Brainy said:

ZB

Received Card Today

I used this group for tracking and comparison purposes a lot so I thought I owed this group to share my information:

I-485 RD: 06/02/2006 (Schedule A)
I-485 AD: 08/30/2006
I-485 CR: 09/05/2006

I-131, I-140, I-765 were all approved in mid July.

We had an RFE for I-485 which we have responded within a week and then they approved the I-485 in a couple days.

PS: I also have a LC application for myself sitting in the PBEC queue, which I care less now.

I hope all of you the best.

not eligible?

NAYAK said:
yes...I am on 9th year h1b...lawyers advice to maintain status on H1B till 485 is approved.

My 6-year H1B will expire soon and our company's lawyer saying that since I filed I-485 and my visa is current, I am not eligible for extending my H1B anymore! :mad: Who is right?

LongLostHopeIN said:
My 6-year H1B will expire soon and our company's lawyer saying that since I filed I-485 and my visa is current, I am not eligible for extending my H1B anymore! :mad: Who is right?

This is BS. My lawyer applied for the H1 extension and EAD on the same day.

You are eligible until the I-485 is approved since only then have you had 'adjustment of status'.

LongLostHopeIN said: