TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Dependent Approval?

jimm1978 said:
No update on my derivative approval. I am a derivative on my wife's schedule A 485 application (Filed on 05/12), her I 485 got approved on 08/29, but no update on my case ever since. The bad news is also that Schedule A is retrogressing in November, so I am gonna be stuck in the process for a while.

I've heard of numerous such cases (derivative pending - mostly the male derivatives) from people I know (at least 4 other similar Schedula A cases), and none of them have any updates.

Folks, please share your experiences.

What is derivative approval? Does that means a dependent of I-485's primary applicant? And what is schedule A?

My I-485 has been approved and recd my card on 10/7/06. But I have not seen any LUD's or movement on my wife's case. She's an H4 dependent and filed along with my I-485. Does she fall under schedule A?

Guru's could you please educate and share your experiences?
Any ideas why it's delaying or when should I expect approval for her?

Thanks

RIRhouston said:
Gurus,
What is LUD and how do you look for it ?
Thanks
RIR

LUD is for Last Updated Date. If you have signed up for your online case status check in USCIS.gov site, it is the 4th column in the care portfolio shown.

Same here also. Got our FP done on 10/12/2006 but now lud on 485. Any one knows if this means anything ?

geofu54 said:
So arydk and techy, have you guys had any post-FP LUD since? We got our biometrics done on 10/13/2006, no LUD yet.

I applied for 485 yesterday. Lets see how soon I get my FP and Approval.

Jadoo85

PD: September 08, 2006
Labor Approved September 15 2006
I 140: RD Sept 18, 2006 AD October Oct 06
485: RD Oct 17. FP ????? AD ???

sbs said:
Hi all.

My I485 has been pending since July-2005. During this time EB2 priority date was current then got reterograted, then now the priority cutoff date for EB2 is Jan-2003. During this past one year we did deveral status inquiry with USCIS and the response was that the case is on hold awaiting name check verification from FBI. In the mean time after the first year aniversary of waiting on the I485 approval, i got my congress man involved to do a status check with FBI in the moth of July of 2006. The response from the FBI was that the case is waiting for the name check to be cleared. We did another status check with USCIS on 31st of Aug-2006, and received a response dated Oct-5th in the mail on Oct-15th. This time the response says "Waiting on the priority date to become current". Since this sounded funny, i called my congress man's office and asked them if they can clarify with USCIS to see if the name check is cleard and waiting for the priority date to become current or the letter was just a standard template they used saying "waiting for the PD to become current". Well, the response from the gongress man's office is that they heard from USCIS that the "FBI name check was cleared on Aug-06" and now the case is waiting for the Visa availablity.

Now, does it means that if the Name check is cleard then the case is ready for approval when the date becomes current, or name check is only a part of FBI verification and the Fingure printing verification also need to be cleared by FBI which is another check before a case can be said its ready for approvel?

Can you all experts please through some light on this for me?

Expect you GC with in 1st or 2nd week of Nov.

sk0902 said:
Expect you GC with in 1st or 2nd week of Nov.
Thanks SK for your encouragin words. I have one more question for you. When my LC was approved concurrent filing was in effect and my I140, I485 and my wifes I485 were all fined together in July-2005. We got the FP notice immediately and did the FP in Oct-05. I am not sure if the FP and medical done in Oct-2005 is still valid or will i be asked to go for yet another FP and medical now, before my I485 is approved?

Thanks

FP is valid for 15 months

I was told by my attorney that FP are valid for 15 months. Not sure if that is still valid or not. Also keep in mind that USCIS is a very unpredictable place. They can ask/do anything they want to do :)

sbs said:
Thanks SK for your encouragin words. I have one more question for you. When my LC was approved concurrent filing was in effect and my I140, I485 and my wifes I485 were all fined together in July-2005. We got the FP notice immediately and did the FP in Oct-05. I am not sure if the FP and medical done in Oct-2005 is still valid or will i be asked to go for yet another FP and medical now, before my I485 is approved?

Thanks

Waiting for dependant approval too

dude123 said:
What is derivative approval? Does that means a dependent of I-485's primary applicant? And what is schedule A?

----Schedule A is for nurses and their dependants.

My I-485 has been approved and recd my card on 10/7/06. But I have not seen any LUD's or movement on my wife's case. She's an H4 dependent and filed along with my I-485. Does she fall under schedule A?

Guru's could you please educate and share your experiences?
Any ideas why it's delaying or when should I expect approval for her?

---- I am in the same boat. Exact same timeline - 485 got approved oct 2nd and got the card on Oct 7. But my wife's case is still pending and no updates whatsoever. Is this a new TSC policy? I know that schedule A people have been seeing only the principal get approved and the dependant later - but seems like there are quite a few folks who are not schedule A who are also waiting spouse approvals... Let us update the tracker when we hear anything...

- Osage

sbs said:

Thanks

If your case is not approved, then they may ask you and your family for FP. I don't know the frequency. However medical is just a one time deal. I have never heard of anybody who have to done medical more than once.

Can my information please be added to the tracker?

I called TSC after my I-485 had been pending for 60 days to get a status update. I was told that everything was in order and that my security checks had cleared on 09/18/06.

With that in mind, is there any indication that anyone can give as to how long approval typically takes after everything has cleared the security checks?

Thanks

Jon

-------------------
EB2/World(England)
PERM: PD: 11/09/05
I-140: RD: 05/08/06 AD: 06/10/06
I-131: RD: 08/11/06 AD: 09/05/06
I-765: RD: 08/11/06 AD: 08/30/06
I-485: RD: 08/11/06 FP: 08/29/06 LUD: 08/31/06 AD: ???

I'm no defender of USCIS, but given recent postings all over this site, I'd sure as heck rather have my documents pending at TSC rather than the other three!! They seem to be genuinely making an effort to restore any semblance of 'customer service' to USCIS.

JonF said:
Can my information please be added to the tracker?

I called TSC after my I-485 had been pending for 60 days to get a status update. I was told that everything was in order and that my security checks had cleared on 09/18/06.

With that in mind, is there any indication that anyone can give as to how long approval typically takes after everything has cleared the security checks?

Thanks

Jon

-------------------
EB2/World(England)
PERM: PD: 11/09/05
I-140: RD: 05/08/06 AD: 06/10/06
I-131: RD: 08/11/06 AD: 09/05/06
I-765: RD: 08/11/06 AD: 08/30/06
I-485: RD: 08/11/06 FP: 08/29/06 LUD: 08/31/06 AD: ???
USCIS does not follow any time based system.....recently they have approved a 485 case in 22 days.....and some times they do not even send the receipt notice in 30 days time..

we just need to cross finger and wait for our turn....

dude123 said:
My I-485 has been approved and recd my card on 10/7/06. But I have not seen any LUD's or movement on my wife's case. She's an H4 dependent and filed along with my I-485.

Thanks

I think there are many of us in the same situation here.

My I-485 was approved last month, but no movement in my wife's case. So I called the 800 number yesterday and spoke to a representative, and they said that her background check was only initiated the same day as my I-485 was approved.

I always believed that background check was started as soon as they received the case, but apparantly not so for derivative applicants.

I-485 Finally Approved!!!

:D MY 485 FINALLY GOT APPROVED!!! I GOT AN EMAIL THIS MORNING.

Thanks to everyone through this long and frustrating but extremely rewarding journey!

God bless to everyone else! :D

BTW: Check out my signature... I'm seeing a pattern here. Sometimes I think it's better to receive an RFE because you know your papers are being worked on. Further, once they get the RFE, you can count anywhere from 7 to 10 days to get an approval (that is if you get to answer all the RFE properly).

Also, watch out for those LUDs. Both my wife and I got LUDs (no change in message) the day before our cases were approved (140 & 485). So be vigilant, that LUD you get today could be a sign of good things to come. I got my 10/18 LUD at around 9:30 PM (I check my online status just about every 30 mins. or so).

Last edited by a moderator: