Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Contact local office

ZKHAN,

You should contact Arlington office. My lawyer sent a request for rescheduling interview last September. I don't think sending a letter to congressmen or senators matters much because we are not qualified to vote. But it does not hurt to contact them, give them a chance to serve you... I saw a lot people in this forum contacting INS by phone. The only thing you can get is your case status, nothing else. We should know the fact that INS is really short-handed. For my case, sending a letter may be the way to speed the process.

The most important thing is to keep employed. Good luck!

-- Davis

ZKHAN said:
Congratulations Davis you are a free man. Enjoy your freedom.

My interview was resheduled (Arlington office). I also applied for rescheduling of interview. More than two years have passed and I have not heard from the arlington office. I had my 2nd finger prints done last novemer but no luck with the interview letter. Could you tell me who you contacted for the rescheduling of your interview congressman,senator, local office, or vermont service center?? Any details you could provide about rescheduling effort would be really appreciated.

StayPostive,

The name check must be cleared before adjustment of status. It is different from fingerprint. The officer did not mention the name check but I saw it in my file which looks like a printout from a line printer. I guess your name check should be cleared long time ago since your case has been pending for at least two years (already two FPs). FP check is a lot faster these days. Don't worry about it too much since you can't do anything about it except checking the status.

My interview letter did not mention bank statements but I had it with me during the interview day. It became handy and the officer did ask for it. My advice is that bringing as many documents (and make a copy for your self and each dependent) as you can to the interview. You will never know what will be asked till the interview day.

Be positive, just like your user name in this board. I like that. Staying positive will make the waiting game less painful.

Good luck!

-- Davis

StayPositive said:
Dear Davis,
I think this whole thread will thank you for such a detailed and encouraging message. and I will also congratulate you for the long-waited happy ending!! :cool:

So I saw you have had your last FP two months before interview, did the officer mention anything regarding "name check, etc" during interview? As you can see, I will be having my 3rd FP two weeks before interview, nervous about the possibility that I will be sent home without PP being stamped due to last finger print's name check (or whatever related to the last FP) is still pending. :eek:

did they ask you to bring bank statement? I wasn't. :confused:

Thanks again!

davis2004 said:
StayPostive,

The name check must be cleared before adjustment of status. It is different from fingerprint. The officer did not mention the name check but I saw it in my file which looks like a printout from a line printer. I guess your name check should be cleared long time ago since your case has been pending for at least two years (already two FPs). FP check is a lot faster these days. Don't worry about it too much since you can't do anything about it except checking the status.

My interview letter did not mention bank statements but I had it with me during the interview day. It became handy and the officer did ask for it. My advice is that bringing as many documents (and make a copy for your self and each dependent) as you can to the interview. You will never know what will be asked till the interview day.

Be positive, just like your user name in this board. I like that. Staying positive will make the waiting game less painful.

Good luck!

-- Davis

Thanks Davis for your prompt response. I really appreciate it.
Would Medical Exam result be expired? I've done the medical exam two years ago, in the list of document they request me to bring with me for interview, medical exam result is one of them. I don't want to take any chance at this stage by simply bringing the copy of my two year old result, so I decide to do it again. But still want to know what the rationale behind of this request from INS.

Thanks and all the best,

Davis - Many many heartiest congratulations for your GC approval and best of luck for the future wishes.....Really you waited very long and deserve for this approval smoothly....

Staypositive - Wish you all the best for your interview....don't wory you will definetly go through...will get your PP approved / stamped...

Zkhan - Wish you should also get your Interview letter soon...

Thanks

RD - 04/06/02
ND - 04/19/02
TD - 03/10/04
EAD1/EAD2/iEAD3.....

StayPositive,

You don't need to redo your medical examization. Your old medical should be valid till 01/2005. Please print a copy of the following memo from USCIS and bring it to your interview. But if you didn't file the I693 along with your I485, you have to bring the sealed form to your interview.

USCIS Memo "Validity of Medical Certifications" issued in 01/08/2004
(http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf)
USCIS Memo "Validity of Medical Certifications" issued in 07/23/2003
(http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/MedCertI693.pdf)

Best regards,

-- Davis

StayPositive said:
Thanks Davis for your prompt response. I really appreciate it.
Would Medical Exam result be expired? I've done the medical exam two years ago, in the list of document they request me to bring with me for interview, medical exam result is one of them. I don't want to take any chance at this stage by simply bringing the copy of my two year old result, so I decide to do it again. But still want to know what the rationale behind of this request from INS.

Thanks and all the best,

Thanks Davis for the valuable information...
I have the following questions:

1. Do we need to carry photographs at the time of interview. If yes, then How many and what type of like...front face,side,or the way we did for EAD or at the time of filing i-485
2. In the case of interview, what time should be reached there like very early in the morning or just before the time mentioned in the interview letter...
3. In AC-21 case (future employment case), can they ask why did / will not you join your sponser company...but my current employer can give me any kind of letter..can this ...?

Thanks

Back from ARLINGTON office

Its been 2 month since VSC transfferd my EAD to arlington, i didnt hear anthing , so i decided to waste my day and see what they were up to , experince isnt worth sharing , but still i m gonna tell u guys .

i had took INFO pass already and when i got there , there were around 60 spanish and some oriental nationals , NO desi at all, i guess all desi got smart and dont make themseleve fool standing in a long line , they know its not gonna help anything. well i got there around 6.30 . my print out of INFO pass showd timing of 8am,

a v mean lady cam around 7 am to all of us and asked if we had info pass , the only term those poor spanish knew was GREEN CARD or the train number to get to the arlington office , well its funny .....i felt so bad , 9 out of 10 peopple were sent home and were given an info pass without letting them into the office , I dont think myself lucky to be there at the v first place , though i had INFO pass . well here they open the door i was the 40th or the 50th in that line , up stair , i was issued the first ticket of the day , and was serverd at first ,

looking at my situation , the officer started beating the bushes and went for searching my file (EAD) .... after like 10 minutes he comes back and tells me i will have to fill a new application , it was 8.00am exact and still no sign of other people int eh ahll way , i filled the application and showed him the recipt of EAD from VSC , though he was sorry that my file was misplace , i took advantage of the situation and asked me many many question .

1) Q:my staus of i485..... trasfferred to arlington feb 24th 2004, he didnt give a str8 answer , but he sound honest and told me that , they havnt schedule any one since last nov 2003. and i sholdnt expact my interview sooner than next summer . i was davestated but .... yea , he opned my eyes at least

2)Q: abt the LOVLY move to another ofice , they arnt moving anywhere , perhaps never...........so that was a bull they gave to everybody

3)Q: since its not busy and i m gonna fill my EAD aplication again , can i file Advance Parole , .......oh sure though u have to take appointment , but yea u can fill this up and DO u have photo? i luckly had photos and filled the application ,

so i filed both , EAD and Advance parol together , i had no plan to file Advance parol , but when he told me the whole new story abt the backlog i just couldnt make any deciosn , YEAAAAAA he asked me why i ticked only one visit on parole application , WHY NOT multiple coz it can take longer than even he told me , i said wht do u mean? he said i will advise you do it multiple , in that case u can visit as many time as i could , (like i didnt know the term multiple visit ) i said fine , so i crossed the single one and ticked the multiple , and he asked me the reason , i simply wrote in 2 words , visiting family , and i said NO i dont have any death cerificate and no one is sick , and he laughed

as far as my EAD is concernd , he gave me another appointment date , and didnt let me have the interm EAD , overall he was not tooo bad . he had a point , if i get interm ead , who knows if they lose my application again , and send me letter for yearly EAD , so he simpley gave me appointment letter ,letter explain wht time and date i should where , to get my EAD letter ,

i am stunned that there are no more walk ins in Arlington office , so i will advise everyone here , dont just go there and stand in the line unless u get appointment for INFO pass .

i am not sure if i am gonna use Advance Parole ever , who knows these law maker are coming up with new laws everyday . and it says on the frnt page of application , WARNING . coz i was out of status for more than 60 days but less than 180 days . that was all VSC fault , they extanded my B 1 after the extension was expired . but today he was very encouraging , oh no no , you are all set , u can visit when ever u want , and ur Advanc eparole should be maild in a week or so . when i was filling the application , only thing in my mind came up , was wht if i burn out one day at least i have some chance to come back after landing in pakistan.

i guess i wrote too much already , and its been a long time i came here , and i m v disappointed that American justice isnt the fastest.

good luck guys , and stop thinking too much , which i can see , there is hardly any movement in this thread , glad DAVIS got his interview , he deserved it anyway.

for ppl who care ,

i 485 04/25/02
TD 02/23/04
2 FP 01/14/04
third EAD applied today ,

good luck to all of us

Last edited by a moderator:
A1. If you filed your I485 with two photos, I don't think you need new photos. I had our front-view photos with us but the officer did not ask for them. Make sure to take the front view photo after 09/01/2004 because the side-view photos will not be accepted after that date.

A2. I would get there a little earlier (at least 1 hour) if I were you, especially for the interviews scheduled in the early morning. I bet it will take you quite some time to get through the security.

A3. They certainly can ask you those questions because they are quite legal and your true intent to work for your sponsoring company will be the foundation of your GC application. Read and re-read the following memo carefully for AC21 cases:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I140_AC21_8403.pdf
The guidelines are very clear. The key here is the true intent...... If you have second thought about the employment, you could get into trouble during your interview.

wellwisher2002 said:
Thanks Davis for the valuable information...
I have the following questions:

1. Do we need to carry photographs at the time of interview. If yes, then How many and what type of like...front face,side,or the way we did for EAD or at the time of filing i-485
2. In the case of interview, what time should be reached there like very early in the morning or just before the time mentioned in the interview letter...
3. In AC-21 case (future employment case), can they ask why did / will not you join your sponser company...but my current employer can give me any kind of letter..can this ...?

Thanks

LUD message vs. Interview

davis2004 said:
StayPositive,

You don't need to redo your medical examization. Your old medical should be valid till 01/2005. Please print a copy of the following memo from USCIS and bring it to your interview. But if you didn't file the I693 along with your I485, you have to bring the sealed form to your interview.

USCIS Memo "Validity of Medical Certifications" issued in 01/08/2004
(http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf)
USCIS Memo "Validity of Medical Certifications" issued in 07/23/2003
(http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/MedCertI693.pdf)

Best regards,

-- Davis

Thanks so much Davis. I, who no longer wants to take any risk, went ahead did my second medical exam. After spending another $130 and losing a tube of my precious blood, I felt much better. :D (how pathetic is that right? oh well)

Now I've gotten a new developement, therefore had a new question for you and anyone/everyone who can enlighten me on it.

As many of you knew that I've received interview letter (scheduled at the end of Sept) along with 3rd FP,which was done on 7th (this Tuesday), a week ago. Today, for the very first time in a very long time my LUD has changed from 12/23/03 to 9/10/04 while an email from USCIS has also arrived.

It says: On September 9, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

so my question is: what if I receive a notice from USCIS which is not for interview but rather RFE or other action, should I still go for interview WITHOUT taking any action? or go for interview AND take any action per CIS' request? well, I think I've already known the answer, which is "yes" to the second question. But still want to verify it with all of you, the experts out there.

Welcome for any response/suggestion. Thanks a bunch! :cool:

This is something new, I have never heard this before. My lud has not changed since my case was transferred to arlington. My advice to you is you must go for your interview. One question could you describe your finger print notice? What did it look like?? Did it look like the 140 or 485 receipts or it was an old form in which arlington office filled out your info by hand?
Once again you must go to your interview. Good luck.

ZKHAN said:
This is something new, I have never heard this before. My lud has not changed since my case was transferred to arlington. My advice to you is you must go for your interview. One question could you describe your finger print notice? What did it look like?? Did it look like the 140 or 485 receipts or it was an old form in which arlington office filled out your info by hand?
Once again you must go to your interview. Good luck.

Once again, huge thanks to you ZKHAN!!

The Notice itself doesn't really look like either I140/485 receipts or manually fill-in old format. It's a computer generated form contains date you need to go, the reason (my case expiration of previous FP), the location and if you cannot attend on time, please go in within 86 days etc. It's attached by the driving direction.

Either way, I agree with you: I will definitely go for interview. Just hope nothing bad's gonna happen before that (like Name check). :)

Stay Positive right? :cool:

Thanks a lot Davis for your reply..

My case is little bit different..What do you say after reading this...

My Labor and I-140 was approved by company A and that time I was with the same company...My company A placed at client B in the begining...Then B forced me to joined them..and I left A and joined B. But later A filed my I-485 while I was with B. After some time I got laid from B. But nither company A could find me any project for 7-8 months nor paid single penny...How long one could survive without financial support..Then I joined company C as permanant in the similar position and same salary..(after 200 days if I-485) and I am with C for the last 1.5 yrs got 2 increases...

Thanks in advance for ...

StayPositive said:
Once again, huge thanks to you ZKHAN!!

The Notice itself doesn't really look like either I140/485 receipts or manually fill-in old format. It's a computer generated form contains date you need to go, the reason (my case expiration of previous FP), the location and if you cannot attend on time, please go in within 86 days etc. It's attached by the driving direction.

Either way, I agree with you: I will definitely go for interview. Just hope nothing bad's gonna happen before that (like Name check). :)

Stay Positive right? :cool:

My second fingerprint notice was an old fashioned fill in with signature of district office director. Does you fp notice have any signature??. Can you tell that it was made at the arlington office?? I had my second prints done last october, they must have changed the format .

As fas as name check is concerned there is not much you can do about it so I say hope for the best and everything will work out.

ZKHAN said:
My second fingerprint notice was an old fashioned fill in with signature of district office director. Does you fp notice have any signature??. Can you tell that it was made at the arlington office?? I had my second prints done last october, they must have changed the format .

As fas as name check is concerned there is not much you can do about it so I say hope for the best and everything will work out.

ZKHAN, yes, my first 2 FP notices were in the same format as yours. The 3rd does also have the director's signature. I am very certain that it was generated by Arlington office. There was a cover letter as first page to indicate two scheduled appointments are attached, which was signed by director as well. then the 2nd page is that computer-generated FP notice, page #3 driving direction, page #4 interview appointment, page #5-6 additional requested documents need to bring.

I hope if 3rd FP matched previous 2 FP, then name check can be waived. :p

Stay Positive, You already had two finger prints, you would not be getting the third notice if there was a problem with your name check. they would rather wait for your name check to clear first. This my theory and I can't back this up with any evidence. You will be fine.

ZKHAN said:
Stay Positive, You already had two finger prints, you would not be getting the third notice if there was a problem with your name check. they would rather wait for your name check to clear first. This my theory and I can't back this up with any evidence. You will be fine.

ZKHAN, I like your theory with or w/o evidence to back it up!! :D :D :D

Good luck to all!

StayPositive: congratulations and thank you for all the information and good questions which will no doubt help all of us when we get our interview that one day.

ZKHAN: thank you for all the helpful info as well. you have been much help to all of us.

please keep us updated. i am sure there are many of us who are still reading and just not posting much with patience running thin. your messages keep our hopes up.

thank you very much and good luck to everyone!

Enquiry

Intiated an enquiry (For the heck of it). Got a letter stating that my case has been transferred to the Washington DC office. I spent 25 min waiting for this customer service lady to come on the phone to listen to my problems and then USCIS sends me a letter stating what I already knew 6 months back.

If this is what the status enquiry means, then there is no use calling these people and spending time & money.

The Washington DC office is a black hole. Don't know whats going on there. Neither they tell you nor the USCIS customer service. The customer service act as though the DC office is not part of thier service.

Important :- Read if you are Changing/changed Address

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experince on my trip to DC Office 2 days back.

FYI my case was transfered on 19th Aug, 2003 to DC Office. have not recieved any interview notice as of today.
I changed the address last month.

I got appointment from InfoPass , just wanted to to make sure they have changed my address in records or not.

I changed address on 1st week of Aug, filed AR11 , + sent 2 letters (just i case they overlook 1st one) for requesting change of address on my cases to DC Office.
Got letter from DC office that they have recieved change of address request.
I thought everything looks fine.

IT WAS NOT.

when I went to DC Office (after waiting 1 hr) and finally being able to speak to Immigration officer at 3 PM (appointment was at 2) .
I told him I just wanted to verify that address has been changed for my case and also when will I get Interview notice.

He asked me when I filed AR11 , I said a month back, he commented "ohh thats just now only". He checked my case and to my dissapointment it was the old address there. I asked him to change it. He asked for copy of AR11 (fortunately I was carrying it with me) and then he changed it.

I then asked him when will i get interview notice, he said atleast 6 more months for GC interviews .

So if you guys have changed address in past or planning to I would advise to GO TO DC Office for changing address take following documents:-
ID (with current address preferably)
Copy of AR11
Copy 485 Receipt

Hope this helps someone

regards,

Arlongton Office!!!

In my very previous qoute, i went to arlington office for EAD , had no intention to apply AP , since thy lost trasferred file fr VSC for EAD , they were kind enuf to ask them as many question i could. I got pissed of the wait they told me for interview, so i raised the question if i could apply AP . it was thursday sep 09th 2004.

today morning i got Advance parol approved , NOW i have a question , shoulkd i travel . i m EB3 , and i was out of status for quite a time , till i really applied adjustment of status.........(coz i heard somewhere WE ARE OUT OF STATUS TILL WE APPLY i485 , INS DONT CARE IF U APPLIED LABOR OR i140).it will be really appreciated if someone have the same situation and guide me through , i am tempted to go back and visit and then i dont care how long it takes for interview , will give my family a liitel comfort. but i heard AP can go against ur Adjustment of Status filed.

in short i need a real ADVISE on this issue ., should I or shouldnt I
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: