Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

gtahiliani said:
So if you guys have changed address in past or planning to I would advise to GO TO DC Office for changing address take following documents:-
ID (with current address preferably)
Copy of AR11
Copy 485 Receipt

Hope this helps someone

regards,
Thanks for your experience, gtahiliani. Where have you moved to?

My wife's case has been transferred to DC local office. I sent the AR-11 and letter to DC local office as well as my attorney has sent the letter. And in response to
that they send me the letter and AR-11 forms (twice).
I wish I could also take a InfoPass for my wife and she could verify if her address was right
But we have moved back to Texas from DC in mid-July.
Any suggestions?

goastros said:
Thanks for your experience, gtahiliani. Where have you moved to?

My wife's case has been transferred to DC local office. I sent the AR-11 and letter to DC local office as well as my attorney has sent the letter. And in response to
that they send me the letter and AR-11 forms (twice).
I wish I could also take a InfoPass for my wife and she could verify if her address was right
But we have moved back to Texas from DC in mid-July.
Any suggestions?

Hi goastros,

I moved inside Northern VA only , so my center still remains DC . I guess you need to see If DC office is transfering your case to TEXAS office. It will probably go to your current local office in Texas , not to the regional service center.

But If it still remains in DC, you NEED to go to DC ,take infopass appointment or tell your lawyer to go . They also sent me AR-11 forms and confirmations of Address Change but they didn't change the address in my case.

I would suggest , ask your lawyer if DC would transfer to Texas or not and would DC need to change the address in your case to Texas address before they transfer the case. If they do need that ,than I would say a trip to DC is worth it.

regards.

gtahiliani said:
Hi goastros,
I would suggest , ask your lawyer if DC would transfer to Texas or not and would DC need to change the address in your case to Texas address before they transfer the case. If they do need that ,than I would say a trip to DC is worth it.
regards.
Thanks gtahiliani for your response. My attorney is also based in houston and
he had also sent the letter to the DC local office in early August requesting the address be changed & case be transferred to Houston. We rec'd DC office's acknowledgements at our new address.
But based on your experience, we don't know if they have TRULY updated the record. I am ready to believe that DC office has not changed the address.
We could make a trip to DC or I am thinking rather to consult my attorney and see if he has a counterpart in DC who would check the address change for us in DC.
I don't mind giving money to someone to check the address change for me rather than make a trip there.
A trip to DC would mean 200 bucks tickets for each of us plus loss of pay for a day or 2 for me, plus other expenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
this wholle thing of waiting is getting to me, all I do everyday is think about the same thing?

when the hell are they going to start interviews????????????????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

i am also here,

I am also here , actually logged in many times if u guys could advise , but everyone seems pretty busy , i had a question in my last post , but it seems no one sharing expericnces. well good luck

I am also here....looks like pin drop silence...didn't like to disturb anyone...
we can't do anymore at this moment except wishing each other....hope for the best....looks like our luck is written by .......

Thanks

adnamj said:
I am also here , actually logged in many times if u guys could advise , but everyone seems pretty busy , i had a question in my last post , but it seems no one sharing expericnces. well good luck

It is good to to see that you are all here. I mean not good but it makes me feel better that I am not the only who is stuck here alone .

Adnamji could you please post your question and I will try to answer it if I can.

Travelling on Ap

In my very previous qoute, i went to arlington office for EAD , had no intention to apply AP , since thy lost trasferred file fr VSC for EAD , they were kind enuf to ask them as many question i could. I got pissed of the wait they told me for interview, so i raised the question if i could apply AP . it was thursday sep 09th 2004.

today morning i got Advance parol approved , NOW i have a question , shoulkd i travel . i m EB3 , and i was out of status for quite a time , till i really applied adjustment of status.........(coz i heard somewhere WE ARE OUT OF STATUS TILL WE APPLY i485 , INS DONT CARE IF U APPLIED LABOR OR i140).it will be really appreciated if someone have the same situation and guide me through , i am tempted to go back and visit and then i dont care how long it takes for interview , will give my family a liitel comfort. but i heard AP can go against ur Adjustment of Status filed.

in short i need a real ADVISE on this issue ., should I or shouldnt I
thanks in advance

You should not even think about travelling. The moment you step out of the country the 3 years or 10 years sanction would kick in. If you are out of status for 180 days and you travel outside the country for any amount of time on advance parole you will not be able to enter the country for three years. If you were out of status for more than 180 days then you will be banned for ten years. I know this thing for sure and you can contact as many lawyer as you like and they will all tell you the same thing. Yes your legal stay starts the day you file I485. By the way how long were you out of status?? You will have no problem adjusting your status here but the minute you step out before getting your green card the 3 years or 10 years bar kicks in.

thanks!!!

thanks alot ZKHAN, yea i also have studied enuff , and really burnt out with all chaos , nuthing nice happening to us , i was out of status around 9 monhts till i physically filed 1485, but in 9 months i had labor approved and i 40 approved , ......

have another question , y do they approve at the first place , i still remember his words , ( oh dont worry ur i 485 is pending , and its just matter of time , once i get intervied i will get GC , and traveling outside shouldnt be a problem)

second question , NOW i relaise that ihave doen a blunder by applying this AP and wasted $165.00 , wht will happen now , will they object anythign regards to AP in interview , if yea , wht would it be.

thanks alot for ur prompt reply

You should not worry about your advance parole, it will expire like any other document and they will collect it with eads at the end of your interview. This will not create any problems for you.

Ap Query

thanks alot ZKHAN, last time when i was tehre for EAD , they took my 2 expired EAD (s) and gave me new one. i had appointment at 9.30 dropped the letter for EAD at 9.15, they called everyone but not me , finaly i asked the girl who was calling the names around 12.pm , if they ever gonna call me or not , and told her name , she said shes gonna check my file , after like 30 minutes she calls me and takes my pic , while she was taking pic and finger prints i asked her if she could tell me the status of i 485, she siad it takes 6 to 7 months , i said , wellllllllllll , its been 7 months mam , then she asked me to give her A number and she would look the status , she had me wait , when she came and told me that my file is on the upstore shelves , its not even scheduling , looking at my file situation , and the wait for EAD almost 3 hours put more fuel in the fire. i didnt say a word , but she herself spoke that she will bring my file in shcheduling but it can take upto 4 months , i dont know if u really meant it or she was just saying , but she looked pretty serious and wanted to help .

if that works out , i ill be really lucky .

hope we all get it through sooner

You are one lucky person if this happens. My experience at Arlington is a little bit different from yours. Down stairs where they process the ead can't check your status or do anything about your case. If you ask them about the status of your case they tell you that go up stairs to the second floor and get a token to talk to an IIO. I applied for my fourth ead yesterday and if you can give alittle bit more detail about the person you spoke to then I will try to talk to the same person. I will describe the process for you. First you go through security and then you take a right turn go inside the waiting area. There is one lady who is standing next to a desk with a paper basket . You give her your letter and God forbid if you are late she will give you a long stare and then tell you to sit down. She always has some files on the table too. When she calls your name she gives you your id back and the file. You are suppose to go inside in a room where this guy with glasses who will ask you to sign a card and get your fprint. He will sent you to the other room for your picture taking. After that you will get your card in 15 to 20 minutes and you are out of there.

My question is who did you talk to about your case??? You also wrote something about upstore, pls explain that to me.

The online case status in regards to mine and my wife's case has been just a few minutes before.

The following is the message

"On September 23, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in WASHINGTON, DC for processing. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times"

what are the implications around it? How much more time it might take for it? In the forum i see lot of people getting approvals straight away without the cases being transferred to local office. Why is mine transferred like that? Is that mean something fishy?

Please share the experiences. It will help me a lot.

Washington DC is currently processing I-485 applications based on August 28th 2003 (receipt date). Mine is RD 12/4/2002. I don't know they prioritize the incoming applications from service center based on the date application is received (like my case sometime after today) or based on the receipt date?

Also i spoke the vermont service center representative about the situation of my case. She said its 100% that i have to attend the interview in regards to the approval.

Will there be any chances of cases be rejected vs approved?

Mine is a future employment case. My sponsoring employer is different than the one i am working for.

Guys can people who got approved after attending the interviews in Washington DC share their experiences.

Hi Wonderfulboy,

I am in same situation. Mine also future employement. Now I have to attend interview. Mine got transfered to newark newjersey in SEP14.

krishna,

How much time does it take for the application to be transferred from service center (vermont) to local office? After that how soon do they send the interview letter? Did you ever heard about people getting rejected in this type of scenario? What kind of questions the immigartion officer can ask during the time of interview? what documents do we need to carry for the interview?

Does any body know

1) How much time will it take for the applications to be transferred from vermont service center to local office?

2) What is the meaning of the processing reciept date for local office? Is that the date the application is received in their office or the original 485 receipt date?

3) Is it a mandatory that all people whose case is transferred to the local office have to attend the interview?

4) After receiving the application how soon the local office might send an invite for the interview?

5) What kind of documents need to be taken for the interview?

6) What are the chances of getting the case rejected compared to approved?