Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

let me be the first one to congratulate you.......sincerely i hope everything goes well with your new earned freedom.

question....when you did your 3rd finger print, your case was already at the washington office right?.....when did you receive your interview letter, and did it come together with the finger print notice?

thank you. and enjoy :)

Perico said:
let me be the first one to congratulate you.......sincerely i hope everything goes well with your new earned freedom.

question....when you did your 3rd finger print, your case was already at the washington office right?.....when did you receive your interview letter, and did it come together with the finger print notice?

thank you. and enjoy :)

Thanks Perico. Yes, when I did my 3FP (Sept04), my case has been transferredto Arlington about 9 months. and Yes, I've received two notice at the same time: FP should be done during the week of Sept7 through 11th, while Interview Sept 29th.

sorry to bug you again. my case was transfered on aug 5/2004 eb3
i just received the finger print letter on sep 26th , telling me to appear for finger printing on the 11/06/2004. the odd thing is that the letter comes from vermont service center as it shows on the marked envelope. and not from washington dc office, where my case is at, and i did not receive letter for interview.

your finger print letter/notice was from washington office right? or from vermont? and what date did you get it?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Perico said:
sorry to bug you again. my case was transfered on aug 5/2004 eb3
i just received the finger print letter on sep 26th , telling me to appear for finger printing on the 11/06/2004. the odd thing is that the letter comes from vermont service center as it shows on the marked envelope. and not from washington dc office, where my case is at, and i did not receive letter for interview.

your finger print letter/notice was from washington office right? or from vermont? and what date did you get it?

thank you

My notice was sent from Washington office on August 28th, scheduled for 3RD FP on Sept 7th, and interview at today. I guess the reason that I've gotten both notice at the same time is because my case has been way overdue, they might just want to get over it quickly. :D

when's your I485 RD anyway?

StayPositive said:
today I had my interview conducted, and passport stamped as the final result. I finally can draw a closure for this 27-month-long journey. Honestly and surprisingly, I was extremely calm when I arrived INS office 4 am today. I was reading one of my favorite authors' (Ann Quindlen) bestseller " One True Thing" while I was waiting in the waiting room so concentratedly that when my name was called, I realized that my eyes were full of tears (yeah, the story's very touching and real. :p ) Anyway, here's my detail report to all of you who are still waiting:

I arrived Arlington office way too early (around 4am) for someone who's been scheduled for interview. As we all already knew, that if you don't have interview scheduled, then go get your infopass and show up at the designated time. No need to stand outside of the building overnight anymore. Well, I wasn't so sure and didn't really want to take ANY unnecessary risk.
I was the first one went in at 7:30 3rd floor, while my scheduled interview time was 8:45. Until almost 9:30, I was called in by Officer B, whom I learned by reading this forum is supposed to be a very picky and can-be-difficult officer. Either there are two officer B, or she changed (? :rolleyes: ) the one I had was not like that at all. She's very professional (firm but polite) the whole time, my overall interview last only about 10-15 minutes, and half of the time was: I was looking at her flip through my file, look into computer (their system doesn't work very well this morning, so she had to try and re-try couple times), with no talking. The questions she asked me were very standardized: have you ever had any criminal record, ever attempted to apply permanent residency besides this time, what's the name of your current employer (after I answered, she looked up my file and realized that I've never changed my employer since day one), asked for PP and driver license, and is the address on my driver license is the current one.

Among all the document they requested (were listed on the interview letter), she only asked for employment letter, nothing else. I offered at the end just want to make sure that she's not missing anything :rolleyes: , she said firmly " I don't need them". I was very surprised about this.

When her hand tried to reach one of her desk drawers and when I saw a rather worn-out plastic bag was being pulled out off the drawer, my gut told me "this is where the stamp is kept". Yup, I was right. She stamped the "ugly" stamp :D , and said it serves for one year period, meanwhile within next 6 months I should be expecting to receive the actual card.

and that was it.
Brief overview about my case:

EB3 EAC#022235XXXX
I485 RD 6/02
1 FP 8/02
2 FP 12/03
CASE TRANSFERRED 12/03
3 FP 9/04
I485 AD 9/29/04

I think the thing that might've helped me to push this whole ordeal through at the end was: I bugged congressional office since March this year, I called them pretty much 2-3 times a month. I also visited Arlington office at similar frequency. So basically, whatever feedback I've gotten from congressional office, I will go to INS to confirm the following week. Descripencies happened all the time of course. Then I called again, re-confirmed and went to office again........At the beginning, I was still trying to be polite and "sweet" :p while they were apparently not doing what they were supposed to be doing......later on, I started letting them know that I/we too have temper and limit.

anyway,not sure if all that actually helped , the bottomline is you've got to KEEP TRYING! YOU, cannot get tired of it. Consistency always pays off.

I honestly don't know how I can survive if I didn't find out this forum. It always gives me this warm feeling whenever I sign in. I know somewhere out there, there's always some one(s) can give me his/her helping hand.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you, of course, kudos to the founder Mr. Rajiv Khanna who's been there every step of the way for all of us.

Please let me know if you have any question. I cannot gurantee that I will have all the answers, but will definitely try my best.

very best wishes to all of you!

Congratulations !!! You made it. You are free man .

One question about the officer, is she an old white hair lady??

ZKHAN said:
Congratulations !!! You made it. You are free man .

One question about the officer, is she an old white hair lady??

Thanks ZKHAN, I am a free WOMAN :p .

No, MY officer B is a middle-aged African American. (seriously)

is this one the same officer B, or the different one?

Any progress on your case?

The best of luck to you!!!!!

StayPositive said:
Thanks ZKHAN, I am a free WOMAN :p .

No, MY officer B is a middle-aged African American. (seriously)

is this one the same officer B, or the different one?

Any progress on your case?

The best of luck to you!!!!!

Sorry I didn't know. Congratulations you are a free woman.

I have heard some horror stories about this white haired old lady. I dont know anything else about her.

I have applied for my fourth ead last week. I will go to second floor to ask them about my case when I get my ead approval letter. I will post an update here if I hear anything new.

Good luck and enjoy your life(now you don't have to worry about these silly things anymore). They no longer control your life.

Staypositive/ZKhan,

I need your suggestion on my case. i have filed concurrent I-140/485/EAD/AP on December 4th 2002 to vermont service center. Got I-140 approved in Jan'03, EAD, AP got approved Feb 03, 1st FP in Maryland Feb 03. Then after extended 2nd EAD, AP in Dec 03 and got approved Feb' 04. Gave 2nd FP on july 24th 2003.

Forgot to mention moved to Virginia in July 03 filed AR-11 and notified for change address.Then in june 04 bought a house in sterling and again notified another AR-11 and notified change of address.

No RFE in the case. Suddenly on 23rd September i.e. (after giving 2nd FP very recently 2months before) my case has been transferred to local great washington dc office.

Mine is future employment case i worked with sponsoring employer for only 2 months after filing labour and after that left him and worked with different employers , continuing now with different employer too. But the sponsoring employer supported in all respects till now for GC. After GC i have to work with the employer that's the plan.

Now before my online case status changed to case transferred, on 21st september some one called me from washington dc bcis office (202 xxx xxxx) any clarifications on your case, i said nothing, then he said we received 2nd FP report, on august 16th received investigation background report. Then i asked is it the same with my wife's case too he said i have your case in front of me now. I don't know that mean the file is already by that time (on 21st). I didn't thought that my wife file is transferred at that time.

After transferred on 23rd i called attorney, senators (george allen's office, john warner's office) and also congressman's (Frank Wolf's office) and also 1-800 customer service guys.

Most of the customer service guys said that the district processing timings published by washington dc office for 485 (August 28th 2003) is meant only for local applied family based cases but not for transferred cases. For transferred cases there is no official dates declared by local office. Most of them in washington dc it takes atleast 2 + months for the interview to be scheduled. Congressman and senator's office people said call us after jan 2005 if you don't receive interview schedule then we will contact the officers.

What is your opininon on my case buddy. Sorry for a very long message. I am sorry guys.

This is the online message for my case

On September 23, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in WASHINGTON, DC for processing. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

wonderfulboy said:
Staypositive/ZKhan,

I need your suggestion on my case. i have filed concurrent I-140/485/EAD/AP on December 4th 2002 to vermont service center. Got I-140 approved in Jan'03, EAD, AP got approved Feb 03, 1st FP in Maryland Feb 03. Then after extended 2nd EAD, AP in Dec 03 and got approved Feb' 04. Gave 2nd FP on july 24th 2003.

Forgot to mention moved to Virginia in July 03 filed AR-11 and notified for change address.Then in june 04 bought a house in sterling and again notified another AR-11 and notified change of address.

No RFE in the case. Suddenly on 23rd September i.e. (after giving 2nd FP very recently 2months before) my case has been transferred to local great washington dc office.

Mine is future employment case i worked with sponsoring employer for only 2 months after filing labour and after that left him and worked with different employers , continuing now with different employer too. But the sponsoring employer supported in all respects till now for GC. After GC i have to work with the employer that's the plan.

Now before my online case status changed to case transferred, on 21st september some one called me from washington dc bcis office (202 xxx xxxx) any clarifications on your case, i said nothing, then he said we received 2nd FP report, on august 16th received investigation background report. Then i asked is it the same with my wife's case too he said i have your case in front of me now. I don't know that mean the file is already by that time (on 21st). I didn't thought that my wife file is transferred at that time.

After transferred on 23rd i called attorney, senators (george allen's office, john warner's office) and also congressman's (Frank Wolf's office) and also 1-800 customer service guys.

Most of the customer service guys said that the district processing timings published by washington dc office for 485 (August 28th 2003) is meant only for local applied family based cases but not for transferred cases. For transferred cases there is no official dates declared by local office. Most of them in washington dc it takes atleast 2 + months for the interview to be scheduled. Congressman and senator's office people said call us after jan 2005 if you don't receive interview schedule then we will contact the officers.

What is your opininon on my case buddy. Sorry for a very long message. I am sorry guys.

Wonderfulboy,

I am afraid that I won't be able to be much helpful to you. My case's the most straightforward type (never change employer since day one, not-family based either), the only thing that kind of got me is my finger print i think, as you may see that I have had it done three times. NOne of each time matched with the other, believe it or not. :eek: but hey, that's how unique i am. :D

Anyway, when did your case get transferred? in 2003 or 2004? My suggestion is keep pressing your congressional office for help, have them to pressure their counterpart in INS office. That's what I've done in the past, and I really believe it worked.

good luck. sorry for not being very helpful.

Wonderfulboy

why your message is different then mine. My case is transfered to Newark local office and it read like this

On September 27, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

----
ush_bha
RD 06/02
ND 06/02
FP1 08/02
RFE 12/03
RFE RCD 01/04
FP2 06/04
TRN 09/04 (case tranfser to Newark- NJ)
AD ??????

Hi ush_bha,

I know my message doesn't say about interview at all. I did talk about this to 1-800-375-5283 customer service people and what they said is the message whatever they mention is very generic and may not be consistent sometimes. But its a kind of positive rule is that once the case is transferred to local office they will call for the interview.

Though it doesn't say that about interview for me. I have to go to interview :D

I hope i answered your question

staypositive,

My case is transferred to arlignton/washington office last week on september 23rd 2004. I already gave 1st FP in Feb 2003 and 2nd FP on july 24th 2004 (2 months back). I don't know whether i have to file 3rd Finger Prints like yours or not? Also some people in the interview they ask to get medical reports did they ask you also? Do we need to do medicals again? We did medicals when submitting 485 application (Receipt date : 4th December 2002).

Right after my case got transferred i started very aggressively talking to 2 senators in virginia, local congressman office, lawyer (rajiv) and also customer service (1-800-375-5283) guys.

I will try my best to push them.

Can you elaborate your pushing the congressman/senators and how did it impact them for you get information your case etc? So that i want to follow that too.

I wish if i can get the interview call sooner (< 2 months). i don't know whether it happens or not?

Hi Friends,

I mentioned in my previous messages that i contacted the local senator's office. The person who deals with immigration stuff from senator's office responded back today as follows:

"I received a response from the United States Citizenship and Immigration
Services. It appears that your files were transferred to the Washington
District Office on September 27, 2004. They have asked me to check back
on October 27 to allow the files time to get to the Washington District
Office and uploaded into the system. I will contact them again in a few
weeks and let you know as soon as I have more information."

Also i got the appointment for the infopass to meet an immigration officer about my case too on october 15th 2004. I hope will be able to give some more information after October 15th 2004 related to my case.

Atleast something is working related to my case because of senator's office help.

Wonderfulboy,

Can you tell me the contact info for the senator's office? Did you send them a letter?
Mine was transferred 11 months ago...I think it's time for me to do some nagging.
Thanks in advance.

hi wonderfulboy,

You mentioned that you contacted your attorney also. Did they help you by contacting the local INS office directly??

Or is it that you got the help from senator's office.

Thanks
GlenMD

The attorney didn't help in contacting the local INS office directly. Its only the senator's office who did this. Attorney's Office (Rajiv Khanna's office) said that there is no clue for the interview date. It might take any where from 2 months+. After i saw the case transferred to local office on 23rd (thursday) i aggressively started contacting local congressman office and also two senators office (George Allen and John Warner's office). George Allen's office immigration section lady responded back. I faxed a big drafted letter with A#'s of me and my wife, case numbers and detailed explaination etc. She contacted them yesterday/today and get back to me today morning.

Interview!!

I am v happy today to tell u guys , that i recieved INTERVIEW letter yesterday. i am in new york right now , but my roomates opend the letter and told me its end of this this month, i have NOT read the whole letter but they told me on ph what the asked me to bring with for interview , but i wasnt paying any attetion , learning from this thread i am sure what they really aksed , like W2s and employer letter , etc. i ill be back mondy morning to VA and wil read the letter and definately will keep u abreast if anything unsual happens in my case . right now i am relieved but little tense . i thought i should share with u guys. letter was mailed out 30th sept. interview last week of oct .

i will be back with whole details when i see that letter.

good luck to all of us

wonderfulboy said:
staypositive,

My case is transferred to arlignton/washington office last week on september 23rd 2004. I already gave 1st FP in Feb 2003 and 2nd FP on july 24th 2004 (2 months back). I don't know whether i have to file 3rd Finger Prints like yours or not? Also some people in the interview they ask to get medical reports did they ask you also? Do we need to do medicals again? We did medicals when submitting 485 application (Receipt date : 4th December 2002).

Right after my case got transferred i started very aggressively talking to 2 senators in virginia, local congressman office, lawyer (rajiv) and also customer service (1-800-375-5283) guys.

I will try my best to push them.

Can you elaborate your pushing the congressman/senators and how did it impact them for you get information your case etc? So that i want to follow that too.

I wish if i can get the interview call sooner (< 2 months). i don't know whether it happens or not?

Wonderfulboy,
I've contacted congressional office in DC 202-225-8050, 202-783-5065 address: 529 14th street, NW, Suite 900, WDC. There had been two people who helped me I believed: Mrs. Laura Vazquez, and Mr.Cartwright Moore.

Hope this hopes. There's no specific magic but being consistent. It's very natural for them to be a little "annoyed" after you contacted them continuously for awhile, BUT, that's the last thing you need to worry about. The most important and the only thing matters to you is receiving "approval email" , or your PP stamped, or interview being scheduled. So, be nice, polite but be firm.

KEEP TRYING. Dont' give up.

Good luck,