Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Hi Staypositive,

Thanks for the contact information. I will probably approach them. Me and my wife could be able to get infopass appointment also on October 15th 9:30am appointment to talk to Information Officer about our case. I hope i can find some more information about my case.

Based on senator's office information if they assign an officer completely our cases in their system etc by October 27th 2004 (1 month actual transfer date from VSC) i don't know how long they will read the case and analyze and call for the interview.

Any guys any analysis on this point.

Meanwhile we are filing 3rd EAD (for me) and 3rc EAD, 3rd AP for my wife by end of next week through rajiv khanna's office (my attorney lawyer). Our 2nd EAD and 2nd AP are expiring by 1st week of Feb 05.

I want to finish the EAD,AP stuff early because my wife is working on EAD and i dont want her to get into problems like unable to work just because EAD is not issued etc.

I will keep you guys posted about my case

How to renew EAD after case been transferred to local office

Hi, Wonderfulboy,

You mentioned that

"Meanwhile we are filing 3rd EAD (for me) and 3rc EAD, 3rd AP for my wife by end of next week through rajiv khanna's office (my attorney lawyer). Our 2nd EAD and 2nd AP are expiring by 1st week of Feb 05."

Could you share the procedures of renewing EAD from the local office? Can we still electronically renew the EAD from the center?

Thanks

Important: marriage certificate and marriage registery

I read in previous post that someone went to interview and the officer demanded from him to get a marriage registery where he only had a marriage certificate.
So i went today to Arlington,VA courthouse to get marriage registery to be on the safe side in the interview, and when i showed my maariage certificate to the clerk, she said that is EXPIRED!! :eek: :eek: I said WHAT??? she said when you got your marriage certtificate you have to go to something called cermony....
something and bring the other copy next day and then and only then you considered married!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what I have to do? she said you have to do the certificate all over again and pay $30 and take the copy to that ceromony place which is next to the courthouse and come back tommorow to pick up your marriage certificate and THEN you can do the marriage registery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am afraid that will cause a problem at the interview so I am going to take the laywer with me in case.

hi fr adnamj

As i said earlier i got interview letter . required FP, this will be mine 3rd one , also new medical. which i am gonna do tomorroo , hope things work out , I AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE BEEN INTERVIEWD BY offier "C" will be helpful to an extand ,

thanks in advance ,

ppl who care,

labor filed , march 2001, approved nov 2001
I 140 filed nov 2001 and approved april 2002
I 485 filed april 2002,
1sr FP july 2002
2nd FP jan 2004
applied 3 EAD and one AP , but never travelled
SEP 29th i got interview lettter

Hi PeaceinSpirit,

Rajiv's office (my attorney's office) asked me send the documents to their office and they want to file it in service center rather than submitting in local office. I will be sending the documents before end of this week.

Infopass

Hi, Wonderfulboy,

Thank you for your reply on renewing EAD. But my lawyer told me that I have file I-765 with the local office instead of vermont service center, since my case has been transferred to the D.C local office. I also called service center, the lady told me the same thing. So, I wasing trying to get an Infopass to make an appointpoint with the local office to renew my EAD, but the message after I enter the zip code is "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later." I notice that you were able to get infopass to talk with an immigrant officer during October, could you tell me how did you get the infopass? Thanks a lot

PeaceInSpirit,

I also tried tried and then finally i could be able to get the appointment for infopass. You should follow the same suite. I will confirm with Rajiv Khanna's office again where to file the EAD and AP. Its upto their decision where they want to submit the file.

adnamj said:
As i said earlier i got interview letter . required FP, this will be mine 3rd one , also new medical. which i am gonna do tomorroo , hope things work out , I AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE BEEN INTERVIEWD BY offier "C" will be helpful to an extand ,

thanks in advance ,

ppl who care,

I 485 filed april 2002,
1sr FP july 2002
2nd FP jan 2004

Congrats!!! I've had mine with Officer B. It looks to me your case is rather straight forward,so no need to worry.

Good luck.

adnamj said:

thanks in advance ,

ppl who care,

I 485 filed april 2002,
1sr FP july 2002
2nd FP jan 2004

Adnamj Good luck with your interview, I look forward to reading the details about your interview. Please do post all the details about officer "C".

Thanks ZKHAN and staypositive!!

sureeeeeee , i m looking forward to post all the details abt officer "C",
also question for staypositive..........didnt really get what u said , that my case is pretty str8 and will be no prolem, do u have any insights abt the officer,

thanks alot again , yes ZKHAN , i couldnt post your last reply , i dont that answer go public , if u mail me at muxdani@hotmail.com , we can chat on pvt level , looking frward , thanks

Many many heartiest congratulations Staypositive and Adnamj for getting Interview letters and wish both all the best wishes....please keep posted before and after...also best wishes to all to get their I letters very soon...I don't have the patience but have patience .....Good Luck again...

Thanks

RD - 04/06/02
ND - 04/19/02
FP1/FP2/EAD1/EAd2/iEAD3-Done
TD - 03/10/04
AD - ??

Hi Friends,

My attorney received the transfer notice for my case transfer. The receipt date of the transfer notice is same as notice date on the original receipt date of 485 application with VSC i.e. January 14th 2003. The notice date in the transfer notice is September 23rd 2004.

The notice also says that the application is transferred to room 210 in Arlington office. So what officer will it be? Any experience with respect to this room number ?

Also the transfer notice says that its transferred for the speed processing of the application. It doesn't talk about interview schedule etc.

I don't know doesn't mean they might approve in local office without interview and might send a written notification or will it be a mandatory interview?

hi adnamj,

When is your 485 application transferred to washington dc office? Is your case any AC21 or future employment case? I just want to make sure how long it took for your case to get the interview invite?

Another waiting couple's data

Just wanted to share...

RD: 8/16/02 (I-485 only; I-140 approved earlier)
ND: 8/19/02
FP: 4-th quarter of 02 (I forgot exact date; my wift had to do it twice)
Transferred to Washington: 1/27/04
AP: waiting...

Its scary part with washington dc office transfer cases. I didn't see even one case where people after their get transferred got the interview schedule within 2-3 months timeframe.

Based on this scenario i should atleast wait till 7-9 months for my interview? Then its contradicting the message given in the transfer notice. In the notice they said for the speed processing they transferred the case to local INS office.

Please shed comments?

Wonderfulboy

if u look bak all my post , it may help u . but as see of now Arlington office are v slow these days for interview , becoz of the backlog , but miracles happen , it happen to me at least , there was no hope and i was so impatience even applied AP , the intended travel day with AP was the same as my interview , but i am happy didnt have to travel on AP , but i dont have patience to wait for GC , i will travel on P.stamp

i am sorry wonderful , i cant or i shoudl no one can tell u how long its gonna take , but 90 percent cases are schedul fr 6-8 not before 6 montsh , i crossed 7 months but before 8th.

you asked me ac21 or future emolyment , i would say i simply filed under section 245(i) on EB3 . i 485 files April 24th 2002.

good luck and have faith in GOD ,

adnamj

adnamj said:
sureeeeeee , i m looking forward to post all the details abt officer "C",
also question for staypositive..........didnt really get what u said , that my case is pretty str8 and will be no prolem, do u have any insights abt the officer,

thanks alot again , yes ZKHAN , i couldnt post your last reply , i dont that answer go public , if u mail me at muxdani@hotmail.com , we can chat on pvt level , looking frward , thanks

The only reason why I said that "I think your case looks to me is pretty straightforward" was simply based on your signature. Unless you didn't put everything/step you've been thru in your signature :).

But since I've just had my interview with Officer B (on Sept 29th), and the whole thing went by so fast (within 10-15mins), you cannot even believe it how easy and less-stressful (comparing with what we've thought it would've been), I suggest you "just relax and be happy". But do carry all document you can think of. :p

Good luck!

Infopass?

What is infopass? and why do we need it?
My case got transferred in June 04, and I have not yet received any interview letter as yet. Do I need to do anything else besides just wait?

Thanks

Hi PushingLimit,

Infopass is a webbased appointment to meet the local BCIS office different reasons. One of them people use infopass with respect to transfer cases would be to contact the immigration officer in that office to find out the exact status of the case and try to get the assessment how much more time it takes to get the interview letter. If you are not really worried how long it takes for it and wait for things to happen need not have to worry about the infopass.

I don't think meeting them through infopass or through congressman might trigger the local office to process the case fast. Its just only a satisfication to get some information about the case.