Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Guys,

Never responded about my question in the transfer notice i received my lawyer its mentioned that its moved to room no. 210. Any idea what officer will work with this room no? Any clue with this room no. 210?

Transferred to 210 too

Hi, Wonderfulboy,

My case was also transferred to room 210 on 8/2/2004. The phone number of that office is 202-307-1501. I have not tried to call them yet, because I just did the second finger print, and my husband is scheduled to do the second finger print on 10/13. So, I want to wait till it's done.

By the way, how many times did you try to get the infopass? What time do you usually try. I always got the same message.

wonderfulboy said:
Guys,

Never responded about my question in the transfer notice i received my lawyer its mentioned that its moved to room no. 210. Any idea what officer will work with this room no? Any clue with this room no. 210?

My interview was conducted on the third floor. Been to 2nd floor couple of times before, but was simply for following up with my case status. Have no clue about Rm210.

sorry.

PeaceinSpirit,

One fine day in the evening around 6:30 -7:00pm i and my wife got the appointments. Try your luck too.

PeaceinSpirit,

What is the message given in your transfer notice? My transfer notice says that its transferred because of speed processing.

transfer notice

Wonderfulboy,

My notice says,

Premiminary processing of the above application or petition has been complete, and it has been transferred ti the INS office at

room 210, 4420 North Fairfax Drive, Alington, NA 22203

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition.

Hi PeaceinSprit,

My Transfer Notice message says like this. Its definitely different than yours.

"This is to advice you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing:

Room 210, 4420 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further enquiries should be made to that office.

whatever the letter of transfer says, its still the same.

we are screwed!!!! washington office is very very slow. Some people say even up to 9 to 11 months to schedule interview.....so lets not argue about letter info, rather lets comment on interview expiriences and tips for succesful interview..... :)

485/140 RD 04/15/2004
140 AD 08/05/2004
485 TRANSFER DATE TO WASH DC 08/05/2004
FINGER PRINT SKED FROM VERMONT 11/06/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine turns to 12 months since it has transferred. Still not a single word.....it really pushing the limit of my patience....

cmyk55,

Its horrible to hear that they are not scheduling the interview for 1 year. For me i am getting close to 1 month. That itself i am not feeling comfortable. Why didn't you approach the local senator or congressman. Did you ever tried to approach the local office immigration officer to find the status of your case? I think that's what you need to do buddy.

It might or might not help the situation but it gives a personal satisfaction atleast by giving a try.

Its really scaring me now by looking at you all experiences. In some local offices they are scheduling the interview's within 2 months after the case is transferred.

What kind of category are you in EB2/EB3? Can you give details more about your case cmyk55?

wonderfulboy,

I didn't really try to contact any congressman or local office yet, I just didn't think it would do much. I was just hoping that they send me an interview notice as soon, and it's been a year before I knew it. I'm not sure what's EB2 and 3, but I'm employee base case. A year ago, they ask me to submit my ex-husband's I-20 while I was holding F2 visa, but I couldn't get that document so I ended up paying $1000.00 fine for being out of status. And then they transferred me right after. What a scumbags they are. Take money, and screw me like this. Well, I was actually panicky, and had hope that I might get an interview letter in two to three month in the beginning like you. But each month has passed without any notice, I choose not to be stressed out. If it happens, it happens, otherwise, I will just wait.
Best luck to you...

brightstar said:
I read in previous post that someone went to interview and the officer demanded from him to get a marriage registery where he only had a marriage certificate.
So i went today to Arlington,VA courthouse to get marriage registery to be on the safe side in the interview, and when i showed my maariage certificate to the clerk, she said that is EXPIRED!! :eek: :eek: I said WHAT??? she said when you got your marriage certtificate you have to go to something called cermony....
something and bring the other copy next day and then and only then you considered married!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what I have to do? she said you have to do the certificate all over again and pay $30 and take the copy to that ceromony place which is next to the courthouse and come back tommorow to pick up your marriage certificate and THEN you can do the marriage registery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am afraid that will cause a problem at the interview so I am going to take the laywer with me in case.

Brightstar, what is it abt this marriage resitry. did you get married in your native country or in US ?
I am org from India and what we have just a marriage certificate from India.
Based on that my wife got her H4 in 2001.
I had then in 2001, asked around if I needed to do something to register our marriage and get a different marriage certificate here in US but was told no.
Since then we have filed taxes together, she is on the mortgage, we have had a son.

Brightstar, can you or anyone please reply.

Hi cmyk55,

I am almost in the exact same boat as you. I also had to pay the $1,000 fine. They also transferred me very soon after they cashed the check. I was transferred on December 30, 2003. Sad to say, I (like you) have not heard a thing from the local office.

I just wrote an e-mail to my lawyer asking him what's going on. I hope to hear from him soon. I am also getting more and more impatient as each day goes by.

cmyk55 said:
I didn't really try to contact any congressman or local office yet, I just didn't think it would do much. I was just hoping that they send me an interview notice as soon, and it's been a year before I knew it. I'm not sure what's EB2 and 3, but I'm employee base case. A year ago, they ask me to submit my ex-husband's I-20 while I was holding F2 visa, but I couldn't get that document so I ended up paying $1000.00 fine for being out of status. And then they transferred me right after. What a scumbags they are. Take money, and screw me like this. Well, I was actually panicky, and had hope that I might get an interview letter in two to three month in the beginning like you. But each month has passed without any notice, I choose not to be stressed out. If it happens, it happens, otherwise, I will just wait.
Best luck to you...

all cases where you have paid the $1,000 fine are called 245(I) cases
and all of them get transferred. I think it has to do with resources from INS.
my case was transferred on aug 5/2004

eb3 140/485 rd 04/15/2004

I140 aprroved 08/05/2004
485 transfered 08/05/2004

Guys,

I'm about to apply my 4th EAD and not sure where I can apply it to since mine is transferred case.
I appreciate for any input. Thanks.
And how often they clear the 'not available info pass' messages?
I would like to get one, but couldn't get through.

Thanks in advance.

I am submitting my 3rd EAD and AP to Rajiv Khanna's office (my attorney for 485 process) by tomorrow. The attorney's office told me that they are going to file it in vermont service center.

By the way i am going to meet the immigration officer (have taken infopass appointment to meet immigration officer about my transfer case. I really pissed off for my case to be transferred to local office. On top of that after looking at this forum i am really worried its going to take atleast 6+ months for the interview. All my friends who filed after my cases are getting straight forward approvals. I am really panic). I hope i should get any kind of information after 11:00am in the morning. I will post it after i come from the immigration office.

If there are any special questions, cautions i need to take care of when asking the status about my transferred case?

Me too. I am still waiting the interview notice.
nd: 1/2/2002
td: 10/14/2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I went to meet the immigration officer today based on infopass appointment at 9:30pm (to Arlington Office). The immigration officer told me that your case has been transferred to our office on September 23rd 2004 and you should get the interview letter in 120 days - 6 months timeframe. I went to the same room 210 (in 2nd Floor) where my case has been transferred to.

1) When i asked them based on what criteria Vermont might have transferred my case?
Ans : They said no clue.

2) What processing dates are you guys working on?
Ans: They said we are processing cases based on Transferred date. In my case it is Sep 2004. We have some backlogs which we are trying to clear. So it will take 4 months - 6 months for interview.

3) What will be processed in the local office after you guys received already background information and also 2nd Finger Print results?
Ans: They said no clue

4) In the transfer notice its mentioned that "for speed processing case has been transferred to local INS office". What exactly do you guys mean?
Ans: That doesn't mean anything. Same answer we have backlogs it will take 120 days - 6 months for the interview to be scheduled for you.

After that i got fed up. I thought what the hell is this. For anything they say don't know.

But my concern is if people in this forum for not responded for 1 year after their cases are transferred how can the officer say 4 months - 6 months in my case?

People who are waiting for long time i need your feedbacks on this point?

Wonderfull boy
What kind of feedback are u looking for ? Its unfortunate that your case got transferred to DC office.. That is the worst nightmare one can hope.
But once you have been transferred, its not going to help much by either going to senators, infopass or anything.. :( So avoid hassling yourself by cross questioning what the INS officer in Room 210 said to u. It doesnt mean sqat..

There are people waiting(as clearly indicated in this thread) for more than a year since their transfer, in some cases even 2yrs.... I am not saying that its justifyable but it is what it is... The worst is yet to come... "Even after receiving the letter and then giving the interview, you can be stuck with Security check like in my sisters case in DC.."

So relax and start taking things easily :) .... If it happens for you faster, goodluck......