Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Arlington Offie!

HUH, these Bas... arnt moving , then y they kept telling ppl that they arent intervieing anyone till sept. and sometiems tehy were so rude and didnt answer properly . v confused ,

in our culture...there's saying that a person who got cursed live long life (it's kind of sarcasm)....I think they'll never die....

i thought i was lucky to be transferred but now i guess im not so much, anyways could be worse, at least i can change employer since my I-140 is approved.......if i do change employer how do i notify the washington office? about AC21 letter of intent? do i just change jobs and not tell INS until INterview comes or do i have to submit letter and documents that state that this new company can pay my salary, ( company taxes).......I'm so confused now, please guys share your thoughts and opinions...thank you

I am getting the same response. It seems they have only done it for the press release and it will take some time for this system to work.

I tried it on tuesday night but could not get any appointment and was asked to try again later. And then I tried it on wednesday night and was able to get appointment for 30th Aug (there were only a couple of them available, that too coz of cancellations I guess). I think lot of people took appointment and hence the message.

yeah, nobody here wants to share any comments anymore?
no info on 485 transfers..........

question...My file has been transferred to wash. dc fro interview, if i change employer now (180 days have gone past since 485 filing) how do i infrom ins about job change? do i do it now or at interview date? do I have to provide the new company financials(tax statements, assets, tax returns from new employer)?? or would it be enough just to show paystubs from new employer and letter stating that i'm employed with same duties and same job title and same salary?

your response is greatly appreciated

is it true that we ( employment based GC) have a different processing date at the local service center? I saw that Washington office is currently processing I-485 for jul29/2003, but i saw here somewhere that those dates apply to the applications for family adjustments that where filed there in the first place,

can someone please throw some light into this subject?

This thread is quiet because the people at Arlington office are the only ones who can break the silence i.e by scheduling interviews which will bring life back to this thread. Other than waiting no one on this thread has any information to share. :(

Perico,

Visit the 485 forums and see what people do in the event of changing jobs. The same applies here except that you send your letter to the Arlington office instead of Vermont Center.

The answer to your 2nd question is YES. The dates posted on the periodical Regional processing reports apply to Family based immigration. Employment cases are handled in a differen manner, what manner no one knows.

We are heading towards the end of August. Hopefully the Arlington office moves and we see interviews pouring in.

LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST!! :D

Just want to let all the poor souls (including myself) whose cases (EB type) had been transferred to Arlington office long time ago know: the move hasn't yet happened during the entire month of August. And it may not even happen until Oct. ( I visited the office a week ago and asked when exactly they are going to move, the response was "maybe next month, maybe the one after next..."

It looks like the moving thing is just the game they've been playing.

Guys,
noGcyet had created a excel sheet for tracking the info.
How abt all of us writing our info to the sheet.

I know it does not add anything to progress of our xferred cases but just a way for all to keep info in 1 central place.
I have attached the excel file.

Would Interview & Stamping

happen at the same time?

hi gurus,
Got a rather "old" question which might've been answered gazillion times in the past, but I've just received the 3rd FP notice (yeah THIRD) along with Interview letter. I am just wondering if stamping will happen right after interview's completed, I mean the same day?

Would I also need to obtain an Infopass for scheduled interview? or the letter would be enough?

Appreciate your time and response!!

Congratulations on getting your interview letter. Yes they will stamp your passport the same day. Please provide us some details about your letter like the day it was mailed? What kind document are they asking for?? What is the name of the officer(a b or c). how much time have they given you for preparation?? did your finger print expire before you got this letter?? Did you contact the office about your interview by writing them or through your lawyer or by contacting congressman or senator(please tell us the name).
I wuold appreciate any info you could provide me about this subject.
I am not sure if you need an info pass appointment for your interview but I would strongly recommend that you contact the arlington office about this matter. Info pass is something new and not many people know all the details about it. Contact the arlington office. Better safe than sorry.