Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Scanning DC, NY or Boston ----> VSC transfers.

Hi Guys,

Like many of you my case has also been transfered from Washington DC to the VSC center after a painful year wait. We clearly have no idea how these cases are being processed, how many they are processing a day or week and if any LUDs are changing on these cases.

So, I was thinking that we should have a tracker for these cases. I was inclined to post this in the NewYork thread coz I see more activity here. We could also try to get the DC and the boston people who are in the same boat to participate in this tracker.

Some of you might be aware that there is a way to scan a batch of EAC numbers against the USCIS servers and find most recent LUDs and message updates. This way I feel that by looking at the results we will know how many when and how these cases are being processed.

So if you guys think its good idea We will need to compile all these EAC numbers transfered from DC , NY and Boston to VSC and scan them 2/3 times a week and see what we find.

I used to do some scanning in 2004/2005 when my case was still in VSC before being transfered to DC office. I still have those files so if we could compile thse case numbers in a couple of files if they are many or in one if they are less than 100 and start scanning them.

I think we should have

1) EAC number.
2) Reciept/Notice dates.
3) DC, NY or Boston.
4) Priority dates and applicable region.
5) date it was transfered back to VSC.

for all the numbers we compile for scanning so that we can see the distribution on processing of these files wrt the above 5 variables.

Waiting to hear from you all.

EB3 : PD: Dec 2001. I-485 was filed on Sept 2003.

I am in EB3 category, PD: Dec 2001. I-485 was filed on Sept 2003.
Any idea when we will get our GC, will it be this year ?
What dates are processing in EB3 category.
How can I find more about my case if it is in Washington DC or in Vermont ?

Thank You...

I went for my interview at 10/12/2005, they requested additional evidence, I sent it to them in 11/05, I haven't heard anything since then, does anybody know how long it takes for them to come to a decision (when I will hear from them). Thanks.

Priority dates have become current for me what next

Hi,
I and my wife were interviewed in Fairfax local office on Feb 9th. The officer told me that the priority dates for me are not current right now. We will communicate with you when it becomes current. He also said that my wife's case is pending for FBI name check.

My category is is EB2 Indian and my priority date is Sept 2002.

I saw the May Visa bulletin which came out on Friday and EB2 Indian priority date is now Jan 2003.
What will happen next? Will they send me a letter? Should I enquire? I have to renew my EAD because its expiring in 3rd week of June.

Thanks
usgc

Hi guys
Thanks for your wishes and advice. Finally I got my approval today where it says your application for lawful permanent residence is approved.. Also says that my card will aarive in mail within 12 months etc...I have an inforpass appointment for the 21'st of this month...The ordeal's finally over and I can breath a sigh of relief..Thanks for your support and advice.
Aravind

Labor filed : July 2001 ( Nebraska Service Center)
Labor approved: Nov 2001
I 140 approved Oct 2002
I 485 filed : May 2003
Approval Notice: April 8 2006

I received Interview Letter again, I was interviewed once on Nov,1 2005

I don't know what is happening at Our district office, but yesturday I received the interview letter scheduled on June 06 2006, but I was successfully interviewed on Nov 1 2005 and was told to wait til my priority data becomes current, You can see my details below(my signature)

Did this happen to any body?, I don't understand... what do you guys think about this?

Is there a number to call local district office..?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
NoGCYet03 said:
I don't know what is happening at Our district office, but yesturday I received the interview letter scheduled on June 06 2006, but I was successfully interviewed on Nov 1 2005 and was told to wait til my priority data becomes current, You can see my details below(my signature)

Did this happen to any body?, I don't understand... what do you guys think about this?

Is there a number to call local district office..?

thank you
Hi NoGCYet03
This did not quite happen to me but what my attorney told me is that eventhough your PD becomes current, they can still be processing your application. You need to get an infopass appt to talk to an immigration officer and explain that your PD is current and by law they're supposed to tell you what's going as your PD is 60 days pas their processing time. If you call the 1-800#, you'd have absolutely no luck at all
Hope this helps

but my PD is not yet current, I am EB3....

but any way I will take an info appointment and go to Local office and find out.

thank you

Hi All
The day finally came when I had to go to the local office to get my stamping. I waited for 1 1/2 hours and the officer was a nice black guy. He recognized me from my earlier enquiry sessions ( My file had been transferred to Baltimore wrongly in Sep 2005 and it took them 4 months to get the file back to Fairfax office and this guy helped me a lot in getting the file back). He jokingly said is everything ok to which I responded it couldnt be better and he got my passport and put a red stamp where he wrote my A# etc etc and also wrote on my passport that AOS is cleared...I was so shocked that this stamp is the one what we all have been waiting for so long and the troubles we had to undergo in getting this. He also said the card should be sent in 2-3 months timeframe.
So finally here I am ...an official Permanent Resident of the US of A...
Thanks to every1 for their support and guidance. I shall still be checking this forum if I can provide any assistance.

I 140 approved Oct 2002

online status still not changed

BTW I forgot to mention that my online status has still not changed!!! Go Figure!! :p :confused: :eek:
Good luck guys :)

Guys,
I finally got my welcome notice on Friday and I got my card in the mail also on Satruday. Finally, light at the end of the tunnel.
Good luck to all!!!

I 140 approved Oct 2002
Approval appointment: April 21
Welcome Notice: May 19
Plastic Card Recd: May 20

Interview Missed

My Wife interview was scheduled today in local office but we missed it. However I got appointment today through infopass for June 22nd. Is it ok or should I call them or write them to rescheduled it.

Please help, if any one knows about it.

AC21 Question

Can anyone tell me what kind of document one needs from the new employer after changing jobs. Does one need tax return or any financial documents from the new employer?? I got the offer letter. I am going to mail the offer letter and the change of job notification letter to the local office. I have worked for a long time time with my original employer(a lot longer than 180 days).

Interview at Arlington Office

I have received a call for interview at Arlington, VA office for August 21, 2006. My priority date is October 2001 and I fall under the category of rest of the world. Can someone please help me with attorney recommendations.
I have a job gap for 6 months last year. My W-2 is low for that year. I do have a job with sponsoring employer now. Does it pose any problem during the interview.
Thank you. I will post my experiance after the interview. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I do not have any recommendations for you, but I wish you luck. Please keep us posted and provide all details on your interview. Good Luck!

I-485 approved

Guys,

Finally my I-485 was approved and got the card in mail after interview at local office in fairfax. My deatils are in my signature.

Wish you guys all the best . Hang in there you will get it.

Congrats

IL_LABOR said:
Guys,

Finally my I-485 was approved and got the card in mail after interview at local office in fairfax. My deatils are in my signature.

Wish you guys all the best . Hang in there you will get it.

Did you get any LUDs from your local offices since your I485 was transfered to local office. Also did you receive an email notification either for interview happended at Fairfax office or I485 approval.