Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

last updated date

Does the local office also update the online status or the luds??
My last updated date has changed but the message has stayed the same.
Has anyone experienced the same thing??

I received an email today that my file got transferred to the Washington DC office. How can I expect to hear back anything? Just a rough guess based on your experience shall be helpful. Thanks

IL_LABOR said:
Guys,

Finally my I-485 was approved and got the card in mail after interview at local office in fairfax. My deatils are in my signature.

Wish you guys all the best . Hang in there you will get it.

Can you please provide details on your interview? Thanks

AravindT said:
Hi All
The day finally came when I had to go to the local office to get my stamping. I waited for 1 1/2 hours and the officer was a nice black guy. He recognized me from my earlier enquiry sessions ( My file had been transferred to Baltimore wrongly in Sep 2005 and it took them 4 months to get the file back to Fairfax office and this guy helped me a lot in getting the file back). He jokingly said is everything ok to which I responded it couldnt be better and he got my passport and put a red stamp where he wrote my A# etc etc and also wrote on my passport that AOS is cleared...I was so shocked that this stamp is the one what we all have been waiting for so long and the troubles we had to undergo in getting this. He also said the card should be sent in 2-3 months timeframe.
So finally here I am ...an official Permanent Resident of the US of A...
Thanks to every1 for their support and guidance. I shall still be checking this forum if I can provide any assistance.

Labor filed : July 2001 ( Nebraska Service Center)
Labor approved: Nov 2001
I 140 approved Oct 2002
I 485 filed : May 2003
Approval Notice: April 8 2006

My file was transferred to the baltimore office by mistake. Now my lawyer is trying to get it back to arlington office.
What did you do to get your file back to washinfton office?
Did you contact the baltimore office direcrtly ??
Please explain. Share your experience in detail.
thanks.

Guys:

We just received the interview letter for my wife. Interview if for next week at Fairfax Office. Surprising thing is that I (being the primary applicant) have not received the letter! I am thinking of going with her just in case they sent out a letter for me as well and we did not get my letter. We moved few months back but still received the letter on the old address. I've tried updating the address many times (both by phone and AR-11) but seems that never reached the local office.

What do you guys think, does it make sense for me to go as well? Is it possible she gets a decision coming week, even though I know I am the primary applicant and my processing date is quite far? If not, why would they call her for an interview?

I would also like to know what she should be taking to the interview.

Your thoughts and/or suggestions shall be appreciated.

We completed our interview yesterday. Officer told us that our case is 'approvable' but we shall be able to approve it once the PD becomes current

This case has been sent for a standard interview.

I just received the mail below from CRIS. It was not exactly the magic email but at least it gives some relief. Does anyone know how long does it take to get the interview date? Can you anyone please share his/her interview experience?

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

-------
On March 1, 2007, we transferred this case to our WASHINGTON, DC
location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this
I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the
office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending,
call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them.
You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.
This case has been sent to our WASHINGTON, DC location. Follow the link
below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail
updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to
register.

dcmetro22042,

I have looked at the uscis website and the current processing date is april 2006. Does this date represent the Case Transfer Date or 485 Receipt Date or PD? my 485 rcpt date is April 2005 and I am from a non retro country. How was your interview experience? Have you received the card?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given your PD, I think you should be getting the inteview letter within weeks (soon). Good luck

mb1: Call USCIS customer service number and ask them to get more information on your case. They shall send a msg to local service center for you. Better would be that you take an InfoPass and visit the local office and ask them why you have not got the card. Looks like your category is current right now.
As for me, my PD is not current and therefore its a good wait for me before I get my GC. I am going today to the local office since I got an interview letter few days back but I have already interviewed with my wife (as her letter came before mine). Lets see what happens.

mb1,

My case is in Faifax Local office from past 3 months.I think they are looking at transfer date to the Local Office .... any idea ??

see my signature

dcmetro22042,

I have looked at the uscis website and the current processing date is april 2006. Does this date represent the Case Transfer Date or 485 Receipt Date or PD? my 485 rcpt date is April 2005 and I am from a non retro country. How was your interview experience? Have you received the card?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
green_id: you could be right. Mine was transferred in Oct and I got my interview call early this month. I think yours should could be expected anytime now.

Guys any suggestion on my case.

I completed my I-485 interview in September 2006 at Fairfax, VA office and my PD is current now. Still I haven't received approval notice. How long more is going to take on my case?

EB3 India
PD: April 27, 2001
Interview Date: Sep 2006

Approved

Hello All -

Both my and my wife's I-485 have been approved today 03/16/2007 finally at Fairfax, VA office.

We are very very happy about it. Finally we are done with the 6 years of our GC journey. Been in the US for 10 years now.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for their excellent ideas and thoughts about the immigration. This site has been served me gain knowledge in US immigration matters.

Most of the time I have been remained as a silent reader in this forum. So there are very less postings or replies from me.

I have an arrest record (Domestic Violence; Assault and Battery Charges). So my file has been transferred from TSC to a local office. Since I live in VA they transferred to Fairfax, VA office.

My PD has become current since January 2007 and waiting waiting but still there is no response from them yet.Just fed up on waiting the I-485 approval so finally took the InfoPass appointment for today at Fairfax, VA office. After waiting almost for 4 hours the Adjudications Officer came out with two pieces of paper saying that our I-485 applications were approved. He said that he does not have a stamp with him to stamp our passports so asked us to take the InfoPass appointment again for passport stamping.

The letter that the Adjudications Officer handed over to us says that:

" Your application for lawful permanent resident status has been approved. Your alien registration card will arrive by mail within twelve months.

Please do not travel outside the United States without first receiving a passport endorsement from USCIS. In order to receive the endorsement, you must make an INFOPASS appointment via the Internet.....blah blah....."

The same message for both of us.

Does this really going to take twelve months to get the card by mail?

Please share your ideas and thoughts on the arrival of card by mail after approval at the local office.

Wish you all good luck in approvals.

Hopefully pretty soon everybody get their turn.

Please any questions let me know.

EB3 - India
PD: April 27, 2001
Originally filed I-140/I-485 at TSC: October 24, 2002
I-140 Approved Date: May 2003
5 EADs, 1 AP for myself
4 EADs, 3 APs for wife
Transfer Date to Fairfax, VA: July 11, 2006
Interview Date for both: September 21, 2006
Approved Date for both: March 16, 2007
Card Received for both: Still Waiting

Congrats gls. Thats awesome news. Enjoy the freedom now. abt your cards, surely would not take 12 months to get them. They just have to give u the worst case scenario. Once u get your stamping, you'll get the cards. But dont worry abt it. No big deal if it takes times. U have a GC status and u would have your passport stamping to prove it....thats what matters.

Thanks dcmetro22042.
I know you need to wait for a while based on your PD. Hope u will get it soon.

I have a question to you though.
Do we need to get passport stamping compulsorily in order for them to process the cards? I am thinking of skipping the passport stamping as we dont have any travel plans soon.

Can you clarify on this please?

On the contrary, given that cards might take time for u to receive them, I would encourage you to get passport stamped as a proof of being a GC holder. Otherwise you have nothing until you get the card. Example: DMV would not recognize the approval letter...but shall recognize the stamped passport. Just my .02.

Newly tranferred to Fairfax Office

mb1 and Green Ind,

Are you still waiting for the interview notice? I have been notified that my case has been transferred to Fairfax(DC) office on March 29th and I had an infopass last week but I did not get any information on the case and this lady told me to wait until they contact me.

I guess I need to wait 3-5 month to receive a interview notice.

Is there any update, guys?

Yes, still waiting for the interview date. I think it is not going to happen soon. I was told from infopass appointment that my file is still pending for Name Check. They cannot schedule interview appointment until it is cleared. I am very upset.