Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Hang in there

Hang in there tight .Do not take such decisions. I know it is real tough but you are real close. I suggest that you speak with Senators and Congressman and get the issue resolved. It helped in my case.
You will not be able to attend the interview outside of the country unless you applied for CP(Consular Processing)
That is my understanding. But please check with others too and your attorney.

Thanks

Rayudu

I would suggest same as raudu, first contact Congressman, my case has moved to local during same time of yours, luckly i did get stamped last march and i have got my card in last june but after contacting local congressman.

Second,If you want to go india, you can still go for an interview at local indain consulate, but your employer has support, and then you have to change you process consuler method , which you can do.. before you leave from here with lawyer.
all the best...
Thanks

vrao007 said:
I have been tranferred to DC local office in Sep 2004, after 3 yeras wait at Texas service center. Every time I go for enquiry in local office thay say it's in scheduling dept. I am fed up and tired of this journey.I lost patience and need to take a decision now to pursue further or just forget it and leave for My country.If I have to leave, what do I have to do to make sure that I am not abondoning the GC process.Am I obliged to do this at all.What implications do i have If have to attend the interview in India. :confused:

PD: FEB' 2000
RD: SEP 2001
EAD: 5
AP: 3

I read this in Murthy Bulletin.

3. USCIS at NY and Washington D.C. Sends I-485s Back to VSC

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has indicated that approximately 10,000 employment-based Adjustment of Status (I-485) "green card" cases have been transferred back to them from the New York District Office. These cases were initially moved to the New York District Office for interviews. They have now been returned to VSC, however, to determine if any of the cases can be decided without an interview.

Separately, another 7,000 Adjustment of Status cases also have been sent back to the VSC from the Washington D.C. District Office. Potentially, many of these cases will be decided at the VSC without interviews. Upon further review at the VSC, some will still need to undergo in-person interviews, however. They will again be bounced back to the appropriate district office.

A very small number of the affected cases received an erroneous notice indicating that the U.S. Department of State (DOS) transferred these cases back to the VSC. These cases do not involve the DOS. If a person with a case that had been transferred to the New York or Washington D.C. District Office receives a notice regarding a transfer from DOS, they may disregard the notice.

Copyright © 2005, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Did any one get a notice of transferred back to vermont?

File Sent to Vermont office like Football!

Hi Gurus,
After two weeks wait from AILA Enquiry, Now they are saying My file has been transferred to Vermont after being in Wasgington DC for little over 1 year and 3.5 years at Texas.No clue what's going on, Do I ever get the GC?My lawyer is following up this Vermont now.Do my file need to got through all these offices before I get the GC :mad: Actually they sent it to Atlanta before it came back to DC.now to vermont. :( :) :) :rolleyes: :cool: :mad:

Interview Notice at fairfax office

My case was filed from Nebraska Service Center . This year I added my wife to the i-485 and both our cases got transfered to fairfax office. At that time my official address was of virginia. Seeing the retrogression I gave up the hope and decided to buy a house in Maryland and continue on EAD. I took an appointmet at the fairfax local office and updated my address with the new address in MD.The officer told us that the file will get transfered to Baltimore local office in 2 weeks. After 4 weeks I took an appointment at baltimore local office and found that the file was not yet transfered. I also filed form AR-11 with for both me and my wife with the change of address.

I followed up with the virginia Senator's office and they came to know that fairfax office is scheduling an interview for me and verifying my address. This Saturday on 23rd Dec I received an interview notice for feb 2006 at the fairfax local office. But the letter also states if I have changed my address within the last 30 days then I need to verify the same by sending a form that is attached with the application.

My question is:
The old address is my brother's address. Will it be okay if I go for the interview in feb 2006 taking the interview notice. I have a MD licence now but my wife still had Virginia licence as she didn't get the appointment till march 2006 for her Maryland licence. Can I justify the fact that I already updated the fairfax office with the change of address that's why I didn't send the second change of address that came with the interview notice.

If i lose this chance then my file will again be in the process of getting transfered to baltimore local office which might take anwhere between 6 to 12 months for new interview.

Please suggest what should be best for me in this scenario. My PD is Sep, 2002. The current PD for EB2 is jan 2001.

Thanks

Go to the interview. Try to explain the situation to the officer, hopefully he or she will understand. Good luck.

Also could you post the senator's info here. The person you spoke to and the phone nuber/ email address.

Thanks

Interview Scheduled after 11 months of waiting!!

HI Guys
Thanks for all your advices/notes.
My apologies for this lengthy e-mail.
My case was transferred to the Washington DC local office ( Fairfax) in March 2005 which they claim they did so to " expedite" the processing. I fixed an appointment in July 2005 to talk to an immigration officer to find out what was happening as the processing dates on the INS website indicated well beyond my date of filing. She said that my fingerprints were expired and needed to get a new set for which she had scheduled an appointment for me the very next day. I finished my fingerprints and as per what the officer told me the previous day, a couple of months passed but nothing happened. I fixed an appointment once again to talk to an officer and this time I found out that my case was transferred to Baltimore eventhough I was and am living in Virginia. So, the officer gave me a copy of the release of my case info that he sent to Baltimore. I fixed an appointment again in October to find out what was going on and this time the officer said that all my background check etc was complete and the case was still in Baltimore waiting to be transferred.
On December 24'th, I got a mail from USCIS giving me a date for interview for Feb 1 with a list of documents such as
1. Passport with I 94
2. Incomen tax returns for the past 3 years
3. Current Letter of Employment indicating wages etc
4.Medical Exam results
5. Your Spouse :confused: well her case is being treated seperately as I filed her petition 1 year after I filed my 485 and evidence of common residence and shared life :confused: ..( What the hell is that supposed to mean??)
I have the following issues in my case
1. I changed employers well beyond 180 days after filing my 485. I got an RFE in Dec 04 and I responded back with a new letter of employment and agreement from my new employer to sponsor me etc. Is this any reason why I am having an interview?
2. I for 5 tickets in 1 incident ( Rash driving etc) , but then the cop didnt show up in the court and I was proved innocent :cool: ...so should I prepared to answer any questions on this eventhough this might not be on my record?
3. Since my previous employer didnt pay me on time and sometimes didnt pay me at all, I landed into financial difficulties where I was not able to pay back some loans and one creditor files a case and the judgement was on his behalf. But I have started paying him back and the loan's settled now. Would this affect my approval in any way?
4. Is it advisable to take an attorney with me for the interview? Any experience and suggestions are very much appreciated.
Also, it says on the letter that my interview will be video taped :eek: LOL..
Is this normal?
Thanks a lot in anticipation
Aravind
Labor files : June 2001 ( Nebraska Service Center)
Labor approved: Nov 2001
I 140 approved Oct 2002
I 485 filed : May 2002
I have gotten 3 EADs and 3 Adnace paroles since then.

AravindT said:
HI Guys
Thanks for all your advices/notes.
My apologies for this lengthy e-mail.
My case was transferred to the Washington DC local office ( Fairfax) in March 2005 which they claim they did so to " expedite" the processing. I fixed an appointment in July 2005 to talk to an immigration officer to find out what was happening as the processing dates on the INS website indicated well beyond my date of filing. She said that my fingerprints were expired and needed to get a new set for which she had scheduled an appointment for me the very next day. I finished my fingerprints and as per what the officer told me the previous day, a couple of months passed but nothing happened. I fixed an appointment once again to talk to an officer and this time I found out that my case was transferred to Baltimore eventhough I was and am living in Virginia. So, the officer gave me a copy of the release of my case info that he sent to Baltimore. I fixed an appointment again in October to find out what was going on and this time the officer said that all my background check etc was complete and the case was still in Baltimore waiting to be transferred.
On December 24'th, I got a mail from USCIS giving me a date for interview for Feb 1 with a list of documents such as
1. Passport with I 94
2. Incomen tax returns for the past 3 years
3. Current Letter of Employment indicating wages etc
4.Medical Exam results
5. Your Spouse :confused: well her case is being treated seperately as I filed her petition 1 year after I filed my 485 and evidence of common residence and shared life :confused: ..( What the hell is that supposed to mean??)
I have the following issues in my case
1. I changed employers well beyond 180 days after filing my 485. I got an RFE in Dec 04 and I responded back with a new letter of employment and agreement from my new employer to sponsor me etc. Is this any reason why I am having an interview?
2. I for 5 tickets in 1 incident ( Rash driving etc) , but then the cop didnt show up in the court and I was proved innocent :cool: ...so should I prepared to answer any questions on this eventhough this might not be on my record?
3. Since my previous employer didnt pay me on time and sometimes didnt pay me at all, I landed into financial difficulties where I was not able to pay back some loans and one creditor files a case and the judgement was on his behalf. But I have started paying him back and the loan's settled now. Would this affect my approval in any way?
4. Is it advisable to take an attorney with me for the interview? Any experience and suggestions are very much appreciated.
Also, it says on the letter that my interview will be video taped :eek: LOL..
Is this normal?
Thanks a lot in anticipation
Aravind
Labor files : June 2001 ( Nebraska Service Center)
I 140 approved Oct 2002
I 485 filed : May 2002
I have gotten 3 EADs and 3 Adnace paroles since then.
1- No conviction, no problem.
2- Civil law suites (creditor's case), does not matter for case adjudication
3- Video taping - Normal procedure.
4- Keep your new job papers with you.

EAD renewal

Folks – what has been your experience with EAD renewal at DC office?

My spouse EAD expires in May 2006.

I tried to apply renewal for EAD but immigration officer said it is way too early. She says that I should apply for renewal in May and will get renewal card in 2 weeks since our 485 files are in D.C.

When our case was in Nebraska we use to apply 6 months in advance so that we can be safe for interim card in case of delay. What do you suggest should I wait or try applying again?

No issues in EAD

SAN_GC
My experience infact twice is that I had sent my EAD application to the lockbox in Chicago after my case was transferred to the DC Local office. When I went to to enquire about the status, the officer was very courteous and told me that if I did not receive the EAD in 90 days, then I could come back in and they would give me an emergency EAD.
Hope this helps

san_GC said:
Folks – what has been your experience with EAD renewal at DC office?

My spouse EAD expires in May 2006.

I tried to apply renewal for EAD but immigration officer said it is way too early. She says that I should apply for renewal in May and will get renewal card in 2 weeks since our 485 files are in D.C.

When our case was in Nebraska we use to apply 6 months in advance so that we can be safe for interim card in case of delay. What do you suggest should I wait or try applying again?
It should be applied 90 days before expiration date as per EAD instruction or rules. There will be no justification, just in case, if you do not apply as per instructions mentioned on EAD application. Follow as much as you can.

I-693 medical exam result

I received a letter from USCIS fairfax office that they need my i-693 medical exam results. I had already sent the medical exam results to NSC when I filed i-485 about 3 years ago.

Do I need to get a new medical done or do they need the copy of the I-693 medical exam that was sent to them?

As far as I know, I think Medicals never expire but the Finger prints do expire after 15 months. Is that correct?

Thank You,
Suman Kumar

IL_LABOR said:
I received a letter from USCIS fairfax office that they need my i-693 medical exam results. I had already sent the medical exam results to NSC when I filed i-485 about 3 years ago.

Do I need to get a new medical done or do they need the copy of the I-693 medical exam that was sent to them?

As far as I know, I think Medicals never expire but the Finger prints do expire after 15 months. Is that correct?

Thank You,
Suman Kumar

Every december USCIS issues a memo which says that I-693 will stay valid for the duration of the I-485 petition. They issue this memo every year. Have they issued this memo for 2006?? I don't have that information, maybe some one else at this forum can shed some light on this issue. If they have issued that memo than you don't need to do your medical again and if they have not issued the memo than you have to do your medical again.

EAD renewal

AravindT said:
SAN_GC
My experience infact twice is that I had sent my EAD application to the lockbox in Chicago after my case was transferred to the DC Local office. When I went to to enquire about the status, the officer was very courteous and told me that if I did not receive the EAD in 90 days, then I could come back in and they would give me an emergency EAD.
Hope this helps

Thanks Aravind. It seems employment based EAd are processed in DC and family based in chicago. Last time I mailed the applcaition it was sent to chicago by mistake. So theoretically if EAD is processed in DC we should be ok but who knows

ZKHAN said:
Every december USCIS issues a memo which says that I-693 will stay valid for the duration of the I-485 petition. They issue this memo every year. Have they issued this memo for 2006?? I don't have that information, maybe some one else at this forum can shed some light on this issue. If they have issued that memo than you don't need to do your medical again and if they have not issued the memo than you have to do your medical again.

The new memo for 2006 has been released. The validity has been extended till jan 01 2007

Future Employment Case Pleasssse Help

Hi,
I would really really appreciate if the experts here and other people who were in similar situation could help me

My case is for Future Employment. Can you please tell me what letters would I need from my sponsoring employer?
Do I need an offer letter and a Future Employment letter both? Do I also need to carry the employer's brochure and any other information. I dont know much about the employer?

I dont have anything. Do you guys have a sample of these letters so I can draft them?

Here are my details:
I applied for my Green Card from Company A in May 2002 in Vermont Service Center.

My labor was approved in May 2003 and I applied for 140 and 485 in Jun 2003.
My 140 was approved in May 2004 and 485 was transferred to Local office in Washington in Oct 2004.
I got married in Dec 2004 and added my wife in March 2005 to my 485.
We got our EADs in Jun 2005 and Advanced Parole in Jan 2006.

I received an interview call for Feb 9th 2006.

I have never worked for Company A. The CEO was impressed with my experience and skills and I had told him that I would join his company after getting the green card.
Currently I am working for Company B.
I don’t have any offer letter or Future Employment Letter from Company A.

I plan to work for my sponsoring employer as soon as I get my green card approval.

Thanks
usgc2005

Last edited by a moderator:
usgc2005 said:
Hi,
I would really really appreciate if the experts here and other people who were in similar situation could help me

My case is for Future Employment. Can you please tell me what letters would I need from my sponsoring employer?
Do I need an offer letter and a Future Employment letter both? Do I also need to carry the employer's brochure and any other information. I dont know much about the employer?

I dont have anything. Do you guys have a sample of these letters so I can draft them?

Here are my details:
I applied for my Green Card from Company A in May 2002 in Vermont Service Center.

My labor was approved in May 2003 and I applied for 140 and 485 in Jun 2003.
My 140 was approved in May 2004 and 485 was transferred to Local office in Washington in Oct 2004.
I got married in Dec 2004 and added my wife in March 2005 to my 485.
We got our EADs in Jun 2005 and Advanced Parole in Jan 2006.

I received an interview call for Feb 9th 2006.

I have never worked for Company A. The CEO was impressed with my experience and skills and I had told him that I would join his company after getting the green card.
Currently I am working for Company B.
I don’t have any offer letter or Future Employment Letter from Company A.

I plan to work for my sponsoring employer for 6 months after getting the Green Card.

My email address is amit500@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Amit

I think if you search this website you will find the sample letters.

You wrote and I quote " I plan to work for my sponsoring employer for 6 months after getting the Green Card." Please don't say this to anyone and especially not at the interview. You are sponsored for a permanent job and you should show show your intention to work for that employer for a long period of time. please go through this thread you will find tons of information about interviews.

Future Employment Sample Letter

ZKHAN,
Thank you for your comments. I will update my post. I did go through all the posts on this forum.
I found people discussing future employment case but did not find a sample future employment letter.
If you have one, or seen one, I would greatly greatly appreciate if you could send me one.

Thanks a lot
usgc2005

assur said:
1- No conviction, no problem.
2- Civil law suites (creditor's case), does not matter for case adjudication
3- Video taping - Normal procedure.
4- Keep your new job papers with you.
Hi all
I had my interview last wednesday. The officer G was a very nice white lady. She took my fingerprints first before starting the interview. My wife adn attorney were there with me. She took us into a room where she asked my wife and I to raise our hands and take the oath.
She started asking me about my new employer. ( I changed companies on AC 21). She also said the reason I was having the interview is because they wanted to verify my employment details. She then asked me how many hours I work and I dont know what I was thinking and I said 70 hours to which she seemed surprised and asked me if I was paid overtime and I said No. She then asked me the formal questions like if I had been arrested, terrorism etc etc. The answer to all of those questions was NO
Then she asked me my date of arrival in the US first. I didnt know the exact date and I asked her if I could look at my old passport and she smiled and said Ok. I said that and then she asked my latest date of entry in the US, I had been visiting Canada last year 5 times for business and usually they dont take ur I 94 if ur stay had been for only a few days and she was looking at my I 94 but what they do is make an entry/stamp on ur AP and I said Oct 05 and she said but ur I 94 says June 05 to which I explained and showed her my AP and she wanted a copy of that. She then asked me the difference in titles. My labor was filed as Chief Computer Programmer and currently I am working as an Associate Project Manager. I explained to her that this is natural career progression and she asked me why I couldnt have stayed with my previous employer and got this same position and I answered that my previous company was a small contracting company and usually clients do not take project managers as contractors and hence I made the change and also that my previous employer did not pay me properly.
She then flagged my labor approval and the new letter from my current employer ( Think she wanted to see the difference/similarities in the duties) and then asked for my EADS and she took all but my current EAD and gave me back the current EAD. She also took my I 94. Then she said that you will be informed of the decision.
As per the visa bulletin, I am current by 1 day ( The Visa Bulletin shows Aug 1 2001 for EB 2 and my PD is July 31 2001). One thing I did not ask/check is if a visa # was available for me. When we came out my attorney said I will get the approval in a couple of weeks as he spent 2 mins with the officer after we left.

Any thoughts or experiences would help me a lot!
Also, ,my wife's case is still in Nebraska and when she called, they said that her case is pending name check and both of our cases are being treated as seperate cases.
And the customer service agent had said that my wife's priority date is March 2004 as thats when we got married and I added her to my I 485.
Will they delay my petition as my wife's not cleared name check or will they approve mine and based on my approval, they will also grant my wife's approval?
Has anybody faced a similar situation? Any help in this matter is highly appreciated!!
Thanks a lot guys and I shall post the updates

Labor filed : July 2001 ( Nebraska Service Center)
I 140 approved Oct 2002
I 485 filed : May 2003
I have gotten 3 EADs and 3 Advance paroles since then.