Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

I did not see any change in LUD since my case moved to DC local office, Infact, I am checking this one everyday.

1-English
1-APPROVED Petition
1- APPOVED case
3-not received for a welcome notice 30 days from stamped/approved
-- Will be transferred to a INS representative., you have to ask or argue to talk with an immigration officer, (in my case) approved more than 30 days then she transfered to Immigration officer because she did not see anything on the system(nothing but our status check).
If your argument is valid and depends upon the representative will transfer to immigration officer.
It took 45 min.s for me..
Thanks...

ssr_gc said:
save_intu,

During this transition time (from local office to vermont) did LUD change on your case? What option did you use in 800 Number to talk to the immigration officer? Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD Renewal

Hi guys

My Ead is expiring this month end. Its been 90 days I applied my EAD . It got transfered to Local office last month.
Can I go to local office without appointment and request for Interim card.
If any one is canceling appointment in this week please let me know.

thank you

Local office has mailed me fingerprinting notice

Guys,

Just to tell you that my GC process has not ended yet. Assuming the fact that my file had been sent to Vermont for producing the physical card, I was waiting all this long for the card to show up.

To my suprise on Friday, a fingerprinting notice shows up asking me to take new fingerprints. After talking to Cong. Wolf's office, I found out that my file had been sitting all this while at the local office because they found out now that my fingerprints have expired. Had they transferred the file, the day I was interviewed I would not be going again to the ASC office for fingerprinting.

Nevertheless, this proves how these suckers work. They neither know whats in and whats out. No doubt visas were issued to people responsible for sept 11. with this kind of system and the people managing it, there is a high risk of this happening again.

Approval Letter

My interview was on March 9th and got the approval stamp on paper on that day. I was waiting so long for the card and then I decided to call the service center and to followup. Surprisingly I got another approval letter yesterday by mail asking to go take and appoitment and stamp the passport.

Has anyone heard of this before? Now I really don't know what to do. Should I call the service center, go to local office, .... any more ideas?

January2002,

The Exact same thing happened to my friend in california. His application is at the Vermont service center. He moved to california at a later stage.

His case was approved from Vermont ( no local interview though). He received a letter saying get an appointment and have it stamped. His wife didnot receive the letter when they went for stamping. He took his approval letter and a printout of status update from the website. They stamped both the passports.

Later after 2 weeks, my friend recieved another copy of the letter. He ignored it since he already got one. Meanwhile, he received his plastic cards. Approximately after 2 months of stamping and reciving the Plastic cards, his wife received the approval letter. They did nothing with that letter either. They ignored it too.

This is just an exp. I am not suggesting anything with this. I guess, you may want to talk to the Customer service center. I Would not go to the local office first.

Second Approval Letter

Dude12 said:
January2002,

The Exact same thing happened to my friend in california. His application is at the Vermont service center. He moved to california at a later stage.

His case was approved from Vermont ( no local interview though). He received a letter saying get an appointment and have it stamped. His wife didnot receive the letter when they went for stamping. He took his approval letter and a printout of status update from the website. They stamped both the passports.

Later after 2 weeks, my friend recieved another copy of the letter. He ignored it since he already got one. Meanwhile, he received his plastic cards. Approximately after 2 months of stamping and reciving the Plastic cards, his wife received the approval letter. They did nothing with that letter either. They ignored it too.

This is just an exp. I am not suggesting anything with this. I guess, you may want to talk to the Customer service center. I Would not go to the local office first.

Thanks for sharing the info. My online status still says: 'Transferred to local office....'. I have yet to decide what to do. I will check the online status next week to see whether there are any changes to it. Will keep posted.

GC Approved

Friends,

My GC was approved, in a weird fashion. I knew it a week back(from the online status update). But since, I don't believe until I see the document. I did not say this out loud then. I received the approval notice too yesterday.

What happened in my case is this, It was transferred to the local office in January this year, as soon as I 140 was approved. I was also waiting in line like everyone else. But in early May my applications were transferred back to Vermont. I was not sure what's going . Neither could anyone here understand what was going on. I called customer service quite a few times. Although they knew what is going on, they did not divulge any details. The issue was My I140 was revoked. A huge drama unveiled, I received a letter about this in the mid of May telling me the same thing and saying that I can continue processing with AC21. My Attorney all this while was cool and calm. When I yelled at him, he began saying calmly that I did it intentionally to generate a RFE and then with an RFE, we are forcing them to answer back in 3 weeks. From the beginning I was with a different company than the company my Green card was filed with. So, he said, I intentionally did that so your case does not get stuck in the queue.

Luckily all went well and got my approval this week. My case is not a horrendous story as the case with many others in this forum. My case was approved in about 2 yrs. or so, not considering the delay between labor approval and filing the next stages of about 6 months. My labor was cleared in less than 3 months. But, you know, attorneys have their own time tables.

Am I suggesting anything here, probably not. :D But, there are some ideas that can be used at the users own risk.

I dont know how far is this true, but, I also heard that in some cases it can be sent back to the same queue, which will worsen the priority dates.

Thank you every one for all the moral support. I will post my further exp. during the stamping stage. I have an appointment for stamping on the 14th.

I140 approved Jan 2005
EADII - May 2005
GC Approval - June 2005

I did get my cards..

HI,

I Just came back from a month vaction and I did see the cards in mail with recevied date as 6/18/05 and card date as 6/15/05.

Thanks to for your ideas and co-operation.

H1blayoff,
Did you get your cards yet or not, I read your posting about finger printing..
anything new..

Thanks to all again..

Last edited by a moderator:
save_intvu,
Congratulations on receiving your cards. Good to know that your journey finally came to an end. To tell you more about my case, I did my fingerprinting in the first week of July. Yesterday when I checked my mail, I saw the approval letter from the local office saying " You case has been approved and cards have been ordered". Hopefully I should be able to see my cards in August..looks like..not sure though. Never know, they might send me another fingerprinting notice and keep the case OPEN forever.

Will update once I hear something new.

Hi Everyone,

My case was transferred to the Washington DC office in May, and I still have not heard from them. I have made an InfoPass appointment with the DC office for next week. Just wondering if they will give me any useful information on my case. I would appreciate it if someone can share their experience.

Gino

Case transfered to washington DC in April and they just went silent I now don't know what to do to wake them up.

Idle for a while

Haven't seen any new messages on this thread for a while.

Is there any progress on i-485's at VCS/Washington?

I noticed the processing dates for Washington were at Aug 1st 2005, then it got "updated" to June 14th 2005. Any ideas?

Also, I called the National Service Center, and the lady there told me that we are allowed 3 enquiries into the progress of the case. Anyone else hear of that? Altho, there has been no movement even after an enquiry.

My case was transferred in July 2004, and I have not heard anything yet.

Cards Received today

Not that it would matter, because of the uniqueness of the case. Just would like to share the joy of receiving the cards over the weekend for the whole family with you guys.

Thanks

Dude12 said:
Friends,

My GC was approved, in a weird fashion. I knew it a week back(from the online status update). But since, I don't believe until I see the document. I did not say this out loud then. I received the approval notice too yesterday.

What happened in my case is this, It was transferred to the local office in January this year, as soon as I 140 was approved. I was also waiting in line like everyone else. But in early May my applications were transferred back to Vermont. I was not sure what's going . Neither could anyone here understand what was going on. I called customer service quite a few times. Although they knew what is going on, they did not divulge any details. The issue was My I140 was revoked. A huge drama unveiled, I received a letter about this in the mid of May telling me the same thing and saying that I can continue processing with AC21. My Attorney all this while was cool and calm. When I yelled at him, he began saying calmly that I did it intentionally to generate a RFE and then with an RFE, we are forcing them to answer back in 3 weeks. From the beginning I was with a different company than the company my Green card was filed with. So, he said, I intentionally did that so your case does not get stuck in the queue.

Luckily all went well and got my approval this week. My case is not a horrendous story as the case with many others in this forum. My case was approved in about 2 yrs. or so, not considering the delay between labor approval and filing the next stages of about 6 months. My labor was cleared in less than 3 months. But, you know, attorneys have their own time tables.

Am I suggesting anything here, probably not. :D But, there are some ideas that can be used at the users own risk.

I dont know how far is this true, but, I also heard that in some cases it can be sent back to the same queue, which will worsen the priority dates.

Thank you every one for all the moral support. I will post my further exp. during the stamping stage. I have an appointment for stamping on the 14th.

I140 approved Jan 2005
EADII - May 2005
GC Approval - June 2005

Local Office

Hi Gino,
Did You went to DC office as you mentioned that you had appointment?
Also which option you took to get appointment?

My Spouse case has been transfered to Local office and have not heard anything.

Thank you

gino said:
Hi Everyone,

My case was transferred to the Washington DC office in May, and I still have not heard from them. I have made an InfoPass appointment with the DC office for next week. Just wondering if they will give me any useful information on my case. I would appreciate it if someone can share their experience.

Gino

kalse_2000 said:
Hi Gino,
Did You went to DC office as you mentioned that you had appointment?
Also which option you took to get appointment?

My Spouse case has been transfered to Local office and have not heard anything.

Thank you

I made an appointment through IfoPass and went to the Washington office on August 1st. The information officer told me that they are processing transferred cases strictly based the dates they received them. She told me that they're now processing cases that they received in 2002. But, since my notification date is 1999, she said that she will try to help me. She requested my case and told me that she will pass it on to the appropriate officer. But she said that let's hope they will not put it back in the pile. I still have not heard from them. I wrote my congressman for help, let's that will help.

Gino

How is the staff at the DC office? I have generally heard good things while interviews with other offices. How has the general interview experience been with DC staff?

What does this mean?

USCIS reveived my I-485 application at vermont in Feb 2004, and they sent me a letter that it will take between 365 and 540 days to process that kind of case. In April 2005, they transferred my case to the local office in Washington DC. I have again received a message saying on August 19, 2005, your I-485 Application to register permanent residence or to adjust status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. What is all this b*** s***.

Case transfered to DC office -- Sept 15 , 2005

Guys,

on Sept 15th my wife's case has been transfered to Washington DC office. I will keep this thread updated if I get any new info.

Can someone please clarify should I file for her EAD renewal at Local office or should I do it at NSC?

Thanks

Got Interview Letter on friday Sept 16, But my PD is Aug 01

Just an update, that I received an interview letter on sept 16, but my PD is Aug 2001, So I am just expecting regular questions and but no stamping unless some miracle.

happens.