Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

tired_2005,

Yes I didn get it. Thanks a lot for giving up your appointment. This will help me find status on my permanent residency card.

Let us all know how your interview goes.

Thanks H1Blayoff, I did talk to Judith and she said it is still at local office and it is not even saying approved on INS (VSC) central system.

I have a suggestion to your visit to local office, try to find a good officer, i know there is no way to find good and bad there...but still I am an Optimistic person..
Please update us with your visit outcome.

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
H1b,Please post your today's exp.

H1Blayoff said:
tired_2005,

Yes I didn get it. Thanks a lot for giving up your appointment. This will help me find status on my permanent residency card.

Let us all know how your interview goes.

Can anybody answer this?

I am a regular visitor to this forum. It is really helpful.

My case is transerred to local office in November 2004.

I seem to have a problem. My earnings in 2003 were $32000. My green card labor showed $70000 as my salary (my mistake) and my H1B labor salary was shown as $45000. Under INA 245(K) am I deportable?

Does INS has a copy of my IRS records like Income tax statements and W2s? Will they request Income tax returns, W2 beforehand to make sure they match with what the interviewee takes along with them to the interview?
Can I amend the W2 that is refile W2 and pay all taxes?

Thanks

This is just my Understanding.

They compare salary with labour at i140 stage, but at 485 stage, they ask for tax returns but all they want to see is whether you are paying taxes, are you legal here, and does not have any criminal record and hold similar type of job. There could be lots of circumstances where salary may not match with the salary mentioned in labour like job change,took unpaid leave, layedoff etc. I think atmost they may ask you what happened, but as long as your answer is legal, they will not care about it.

I have same understanding like NoGCYet03..

NoGCYet03 said:
This is just my Understanding.

They compare salary with labour at i140 stage, but at 485 stage, they ask for tax returns but all they want to see is whether you are paying taxes, are you legal here, and does not have any criminal record and hold similar type of job. There could be lots of circumstances where salary may not match with the salary mentioned in labour like job change,took unpaid leave, layedoff etc. I think atmost they may ask you what happened, but as long as your answer is legal, they will not care about it.

Question

I am thinking about changing my job after I get my greencard. But my lawyer suggested me to stay in the same company for at least six more months. She said it would be helpful for my future citizenship application. Does anybody know if it's true or does it matter?

Sorry guys. I am late to post my findings. Nothing changed from what you posted. Just that the officer was a white guy and talked nicely. I was told to wait till next year and processing a card does take time.

I have learned a new theory here. The primary applicant will not get his/her card till a year but all the dependents whether interviewed together / later, will get thiers in a two weeks. This is what we call the BullShitting system of USCIS.

Whatever you ask them, they just give a common answer. 6 months/1 year/2 years. They never talk in days.

I will post updates if I get my card.

I think it is more on the officer/his or her boss who had interviewed.

H1b, did you have any response from Wolf's office, do you know how long it is going to take..

H1Blayoff said:
Sorry guys. I am late to post my findings. Nothing changed from what you posted. Just that the officer was a white guy and talked nicely. I was told to wait till next year and processing a card does take time.

I have learned a new theory here. The primary applicant will not get his/her card till a year but all the dependents whether interviewed together / later, will get thiers in a two weeks. This is what we call the BullShitting system of USCIS.

Whatever you ask them, they just give a common answer. 6 months/1 year/2 years. They never talk in days.

I will post updates if I get my card.

save_intvu said:
I think it is more on the officer/his or her boss who had interviewed.

H1b, did you have any response from Wolf's office, do you know how long it is going to take..

I have been asked to wait. That's it. As you correctly said, it all depends on the officer who interviewed us. But then someone can tell me or leave a note that he has to update such and such case.

I don't think these slackers deserve anything.

DC Tracker Document

Hi Group,
I posted a tracker from the Baltimore thread a couple of days ago to see if the washington thread has a similar one.

As it is a hectic time with high-pressure for all those waiting, I decided to kick-start this and therefore have pulled some of the past applicants/approvals into this tracker for DC folks. This was originally created by "Compass" of the Baltimore Thread and credit is due to him :) :)

Please review and update this as and when time permits. Hope this will be useful for some atleast.

I visit this thread to help a friend who is waiting for "His day" at the district office.

Good luck all of you waiting for their day too. Wishing you a speedy approval.
Cheers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
gc4us said:
Hi Group,
I decided to kick-start this and therefore have pulled some of the past applicants/approvals into this tracker for DC folks. This was originally created by "Compass" of the Baltimore Thread and credit it due to him :) :)

Thanks gc4us :D :D
honestly, only part of that credit goes to me :) , i saw similar tracker somewhere else (maybe in Philly posted by nemessis), so i just did a similar one for Baltimore :)

compass said:
Thanks gc4us :D :D
honestly, only part of that credit goes to me :) , i saw similar tracker somewhere else (maybe in Philly posted by nemessis), so i just did a similar one for Baltimore :)

One Good Deed Begets another.......
Nice of you once again. I felt your efforts to bring this tracker into the Baltimore thread was very helpful for me and others and wanted to say Thank You. [Pay It Forward - 2 ]

As my friend was asking me about the wait times in Washington thread, I thought it might be a good idea to gather some tracking information and let everyone benefit from it, apart from him. Hope it ends up a useful item.

BTW, how is your preparation for your Interview in Baltimore?

Cheers!!
V!

Do not know what is happening to me :(
i have interview letter already for 2+ weeks and did not even start looking at documents yet :eek:

Lets Do it

Guys
To people living in Northern Virginia area
Lets get together this weekend to arrange to File Writ of mandumus with Rajiv
Khana office. I live 4 block from his office.
This is the only option left. I wrote to Hardy, Hooton, senators and congressmen. Thay all gave me the finger.
If we don't do this, we'll keep waiting forever.
email me brightstar991@msn.com