Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Case status after receiving plastic cards

savichin said:
Hi,
Did you see any change of message or LUD between the passport stamping date to welcome letters/card receiving date?

I didn't see any LUD (change in msg) after my interview & passport stamp at cherry hill, NJ on April 12th. Do I have to expect some thing like that or it never happens?

please let me know..
thanks

I just visited uscis.gov to check my case status. No LUD change at all for all my family members. Exactly same as before, saying my case was transferred to Washington DC ...bla bla... Wasn't be frustrated with the LUD change. It does not reflect your current status accurately in many cases.

Thank you(gc4us) very much for your response. I had a really bad experience at local office. I got my appointment scheduled today and found out that I had to wait 3-6 more months(already 19 months past, total waiting time should be 25 months to schedule an interview--that's ridiculous!!!) to get my interview scheduled....One black lady helped me with attitude. :mad: I was trying to be polite. But it seemed that she was impatient. She couldn't explain why I have to wait for sooooooo long. But just asked me to continue waiting. :mad: I think I am really hopeless...

Last edited by a moderator:
Received cards

All,

We received cards yesterday. I could not imagine that we received cards within two weeks.

Best of luck for everyone who are waiting for cards and interview .This is so painful journey but this site so excellent and helpful.

RD:06/26/02
TD:09/27/04
ID: 4/4/05
AD:4/4/05
welcome letters:4/15/05
cards: 4/18/05

Guys, Any idea?

We had stamped on 3/9/05 and we have not received our plastic cards
does anybody have any suggestions...
A request,Please post any kind of information that you know in this matter that will be help full.

Thanks to all of you...

mkris99 said:
All,

We received cards yesterday. I could not imagine that we received cards within two weeks.

Best of luck for everyone who are waiting for cards and interview .This is so painful journey but this site so excellent and helpful.

RD:06/26/02
TD:09/27/04
ID: 4/4/05
AD:4/4/05
welcome letters:4/15/05
cards: 4/18/05

save_intvu said:
We had stamped on 3/9/05 and we have not received our plastic cards
does anybody have any suggestions...
A request,Please post any kind of information that you know in this matter that will be help full.

Thanks to all of you...

Same here. Haven't seen anything in the mail yet. Atleast till the cards arrive I am ok with the passport stamp because that allows you to travel outside USA.

Forgot to let you guys know what I heard from the local immigration office yesterday. One black immigration officer told me that they were processing the cases which were transferred in 2001 and 2002. Does anybody ever hear about this? This is unbelievable!! How could they be so slow? Are they working at all?!

Plastic cards

Guys,
If you are waiting for more than 30 days for plastic cards then this could be the reason in your case...

I have called VSC yesterday, they told me(after holding 55min.) whoever approved my case that officer has not updated the system yet.
What a funny system/person..
When should I get relief from this f' systems...

H1b, I believe your case is similar too,because same guy interviewed us both...
I have cancelled my trip at last min. due to this.
Thanks...

save_intvu said:
Guys,
If you are waiting for more than 30 days for plastic cards then this could be the reason in your case...

I have called VSC yesterday, they told me(after holding 55min.) whoever approved my case that officer has not updated the system yet.
What a funny system/person..
When should I get relief from this f' systems...

H1b, I believe your case is similar too,because same guys interviewed us both...
I have cancelled my trip at last min. due to this.
Thanks...

I see. I guessed that there must be something fishy going on in the local office. Any idea on what needs to be done if this is the case. Do we have to again taken an appointment with the local office? God gimme a break

Why did you cancel your trip? You could have travelled using the stamp on your passport?

I am trying to get an App. for local office, we can't do anything other than explaining the situation to officer at counter then up to that officer, he/she could inquire immediately or ask us to wait for some more time.
I have cancelled the trip due to 'Transit Visa’, I could not able to get 'Transit visa' in time and not able to get tickets to by-pass Europe.
Thanks..

H1Blayoff said:
I see. I guessed that there must be something fishy going on in the local office. Any idea on what needs to be done if this is the case. Do we have to again taken an appointment with the local office? God gimme a break

Why did you cancel your trip? You could have travelled using the stamp on your passport?

tired_2005 said:
Forgot to let you guys know what I heard from the local immigration office yesterday. One black immigration officer told me that they were processing the cases which were transferred in 2001 and 2002. Does anybody ever hear about this? This is unbelievable!! How could they be so slow? Are they working at all?!

Emily Did Mention that DC office is in process of clearning really old cases but she was no specific on how old......

I wonder if labor, 140 approval has some time limit or are they valid for unlimited time?

Appointment with DC office.

Hi All,
I took an appointment with DC to enquire about my 485 case. Can someone tell me what documents we should take with us? My case was transfered from Texas to DC in May 2004.

I-485 receipt and you should be having a transfer notice.
waitnfor485 said:
Hi All,
I took an appointment with DC to enquire about my 485 case. Can someone tell me what documents we should take with us? My case was transfered from Texas to DC in May 2004.

I could able to get hold app. for 05/09/05, i will let you know the details of my vsiist to local office.
Please let us know if anybody else going before 05/09, in similler kind of matter.
Thanks..

save_intvu said:
I am trying to get an App. for local office, we can't do anything other than explaining the situation to officer at counter then up to that officer, he/she could inquire immediately or ask us to wait for some more time.
I have cancelled the trip due to 'Transit Visa’, I could not able to get 'Transit visa' in time and not able to get tickets to by-pass Europe.
Thanks..

Transferred back to vermont

:confused: :confused: :confused:Guys, has anybody's application been transferred back to a service center after being transferred to washington DC? Looks like mine is, on Friday. I called the National Service Center and they said, you have to wait 60 days before you can call us about it. My family's applications were not transferred only mine. I saw some activity update on today's date also. I am not sure what is going on... Any suggestions to this weird situation?

Thanks in Advance.

Question

Do you guys know if there is any temp. card that I can use for my job before my current EAD card gets expired? Or is there anyway that I can get my EAD card faster. My card will be expire in the beginning of June. I can't enquire my case unless it's pass over 90 days. But by then, my card will be expired and I'll be jobless. I am so worried now.. Anybody knows? Thanks a million..

I said same thing in the past, somebody did not accepted this one.

Again, this is from my own exp. and some of others from this site and outside.

Please go to local office if your application is at local office and explain the situation to person at counter and your case will be approved(in 90% of cases that heard).I don't think, they are following this 90 days very strictly at local office and I suggest best time to go is mid to end of MAY

Thanks..

tired_2005 said:
Do you guys know if there is any temp. card that I can use for my job before my current EAD card gets expired? Or is there anyway that I can get my EAD card faster. My card will be expire in the beginning of June. I can't enquire my case unless it's pass over 90 days. But by then, my card will be expired and I'll be jobless. I am so worried now.. Anybody knows? Thanks a million..

I heard similar case from this forum few days back but from another local office, that guy did get the notice about transfer back to service center and it has happened some where in TX,GA side.
How did you find that your cases has moved back to service center..
Why don't you go to local office to find out more information about this..

Thanks..
Dude12 said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:Guys, has anybody's application been transferred back to a service center after being transferred to washington DC? Looks like mine is, on Friday. I called the National Service Center and they said, you have to wait 60 days before you can call us about it. My family's applications were not transferred only mine. I saw some activity update on today's date also. I am not sure what is going on... Any suggestions to this weird situation?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks for the reply save_intvu

save_intvu said:
How did you find that your cases has moved back to service center..

I knew it because I had set an email update sent to me when there are any updates on my case on the USCIS site.

save_intvu said:
Why don't you go to local office to find out more information about this..

Well, I did go there a few days back to pickup my EAD card. Incidentally I received the email an hour before I was leaving. I thought I would ask, but that day the information section was closed after 12:00 and my appointment was at 2:00 PM. So could not get any info. I then called the NSC and they said, you need to wait 60 days before you call us. I asked them what would be my priority date. It still would be the receipt date is what they said. I said, ok the priority date is past the receipt date then. Then CSR said, call us back after 60 days if you didnot see anything from us.

Thats what happened.

tired_2005 said:

Tired_2005, you can get the EAD when you go to the local office and say, your EAD is expiring, they will give it to you right there.

good news!

Just a quick note to let you guys know that I got my interview letter finally. It took about 20 months to schedule an interview... Thank you for all your support and information. Good luck on everybody. I will keep posting my updated info...

Question

Does anybody know how long it might take to get the finger print results back to local INS? I received interview letter today. But I have to redo my finger prints. I hope I can get my passport stamped on the same day that I got interviewed. The question is that immigration officer might not stamp my passport because they can't get the finger prints on time. So does anybody know how long does it usually take? My fingerprint date is 3 weeks before the interview date. Does it give enough time to get the finger print results back? Any inputs will be appreciated.