Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

No, it is not mandatory. I am just worried about their efficiency of processing those cases. I thought it would be great if they could schedule my interview for the pending 485 case. If I can get my passport stamped before my EAD labor expired, then it doesn't matter if I can get my EAD card on time or not. I want to go there in person to find out what's wrong since my case is sitting there for 19 months after it's being transferred. So it's not mandatory.

I am not sure if you need one appointment or two. But I would assume that you might just need one. You can ask your wife's case at the same time. Good luck on your application.

Do you guys know when it's the best time to call Emily? I tried to buzz her many times this morning. It seemed that nobody answered the phone. I sent her an email yesterday. I am not actually expecting her to reply me. I just want to give her a headup. But nobody answers the phone.... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
tired_2005 said:
Do you guys know when it's the best time to call Emily? I tried to buzz her many times this morning. It seemed that nobody answered the phone. I sent her an email yesterday. I am not actually expecting her to reply me. I just want to give her a headup. But nobody answers the phone.... :confused:

Sometimes she is out of town. I am not sure where she goes. If she is in office, she does reply.

Wife's case approved

Just wanted to share the good news that my wife's case has been approved after being interviewed at the local office today.

Basically the officer asked the same standard set of questions and stamped her passport.

Hopefully here is the end of my Green Card journey. I will be visiting the forum though.

All the best to everyone waiting for interviews.

Anyone interviewed after March 07 receive thier card

Just wanted to ping everyone who got interviewed and received thier physical card. I am wondering why I have still not received it. I verified our address with the officer when I went there for my wife'e interview. Everything seems to be fine except the fact that its taking too long for the card.

Save_intvu,
Did you get yours?

H1Blayoff said:
Here is what your friend needs to do?

InfoPass appointments usually open up between 4:30 pm -6:30 pm. Thats what everyone has been saying and experienced too. During that time you go to infopass site. After entering your zipcode and selecting the enquiry type, if it takes you to the form wherein you enter your name and address, thats where you know that an appointment is available(still no idea on date) when you click Continue and confirm your information, the system would show the day and the times available. Thats the only way to know if an appointment is available.

If you get the message that says "At this time there are no appointments available" which means the slot is full and you need to try again. I know the system is unpredicatable but thats the only option right now. Once you keep trying you will master it.

my case transfer on nov-26-2004,imove va to san antonio,tx.so please give me answer to how long its take time tomove my file arlington to san antonio. my details are as below nd-sep-26-2002 rd-oct 18-2002 1st finger print-nov-2002 2nd finger print sep-2004 1st EAD-DEC-2002 2nd EAD-03-01-04 3RD-EAD-FINGER PRINT DONE.

I called Emily again this afternoon to follow up with her. She told me that Local Immigration office would schedule my appointment within 30 to 60 days. So she asked me to give her a call again in June if I still didn't hear anything. :) :) I have an appointment scheduled next Tuesday, though. I am not sure if I should go since I already got the answer from Emily. What do you guys think? Should I go to confirm again?

Nope, still waiting...
H1Blayoff said:
Just wanted to ping everyone who got interviewed and received thier physical card. I am wondering why I have still not received it. I verified our address with the officer when I went there for my wife'e interview. Everything seems to be fine except the fact that its taking too long for the card.

Save_intvu,
Did you get yours?

Question for gc4us

gc4us said:
Hi All,
Greetings...
I am posting this for a friend.
His case got transferred to Washington in Aug-2004. He wasn't sure what to do to verify his current status. I suggested that he setup an infopass appointment to visit the local office.....
He went to the local office yesterday to check his status and was told that he should get his interview letter in 30 to 60 days.
He was also told that his Namecheck is completed and looks fine.

He is concerned if this is a standard response or if he could rely on this information update.

Would it help if he approached the Senator's office?

Thanks a lot for your time and inputs,
V!

I just came across this post. I was wondering if your friend really got his interview in 30 to 60 days. Emily told me that local immigration officer told her that it might take them 30 to 60 days to schedule my interview. Is it true? So worried... Thank you for your help

tired_2005 said:
I just came across this post. I was wondering if your friend really got his interview in 30 to 60 days. Emily told me that local immigration officer told her that it might take them 30 to 60 days to schedule my interview. Is it true? So worried... Thank you for your help

Thats good news. Usually the estimate is buffed up. When they say 30-60 days , you have to assume its going to be in 1-2 weeks. Keep checking your mailbox.

Thank you for your input. Y, I guess so. But I called Emily 3 weeks ago. I just confrimed with her yesterday. I would assume that she sent enquiry the same day as we talked. If it's just about 1-2 weeks, then it means that the local ins might miss me again. :(

Question

Does anybody get their approval without redoing the fingerprints? :confused: I never got the fingerprints notice again after I did my first fingerprints in July 2002. As far as I know, the fingerprints are only valid for 1 year or 1.5 year. So do you know if I have to redo my fingerprints before I get my interview letter? If so, how long does it take to process the fingerprints/background check? Any inputs would be highly appreciated!!

tired_2005 said:
Does anybody get their approval without redoing the fingerprints? :confused: I never got the fingerprints notice again after I did my first fingerprints in July 2002. As far as I know, the fingerprints are only valid for 1 year or 1.5 year. So do you know if I have to redo my fingerprints before I get my interview letter? If so, how long does it take to process the fingerprints/background check? Any inputs would be highly appreciated!!

Finger prints usually expire after 15 months. Looks like your fingerprints have expired too. When your interview is scheduled, they will send you a notice for fingerprinting. I am sure they will not approve anyone whose fingerprint has expired.

About background check, they were suppose to do it when the officer at Vermont first reviewed your file. Sometimes there are times when they miss it. If thats the case, the local office will not approve the case. There are some folks on this thread who had a similar problem wherein they were interviewed but approved after a months time.

Hope this helps.

plastic card

H1Blayoff said:

Save_intvu,
Did you get yours?

My family and I received three welcome letters on 4/14. Surprisingly, I received my plastic card on 4/15 :D . I am waiting my wife and son's. When I receive them, I will post it.

TD: 10/29/04
Interview date: 4/4/05
Approved date: 4/4/05

Plastic card..question??

H1b, did you get the plastic card?

I just changed my travel plan due to plastic, now i am bypassing eroupe, DC-NY-DUBAI-XXX
If we did not get the cards by 60 days, do we have to call as they mentioned on their web-site.will they accept to open ticket/case for the cases which have appored at local INS.
I heard from somebody that no matter whichever location your case has apporved, still Plastic card has to come from serrvice center, is this true?

Anyway, I am out of country for next 2 months.., i will be checking home mail and as well this fourm...

Thanks to all

plastic card received

Today I received plastic cards for my wife and son. I could not imagine that we received all plastic cards within two weeks :eek: .

TD:10/29/04, 11/29/04 for my wife and son
Interviewed Date: 4/4/05
AD:4/4/05
welcome letters:4/14/05
Plastic card: 4/15/05, 4/18/05 for my wife and son

Did you see any LUD?

Hi,
Did you see any change of message or LUD between the passport stamping date to welcome letters/card receiving date?

I didn't see any LUD (change in msg) after my interview & passport stamp at cherry hill, NJ on April 12th. Do I have to expect some thing like that or it never happens?

please let me know..
thanks

momoea said:
Today I received plastic cards for my wife and son. I could not imagine that we received all plastic cards within two weeks :eek: .

TD:10/29/04, 11/29/04 for my wife and son
Interviewed Date: 4/4/05
AD:4/4/05
welcome letters:4/14/05
Plastic card: 4/15/05, 4/18/05 for my wife and son

tired_2005 said:

Hi Tired_2005,
Sorry about the delayed response.....
I had to followup with my own AOS stamping and some EAD confusion in Baltimore..... and just now had a chance to read this one.

My friend got the 30 to 60 day lead time during his visit to the office. Recently [2 weeks back] he got a reply from Emily's office that his interview should be in 30 to 60 days.... :)
For now atleast, he is counting on the consistent answers from both sources [Local office and Emily's office]. These were about 10 days apart. Hope it all works out according to this schedule.
I shall post any updates on this forum. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,
V!