Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Does anybody know what the procedures are when people enquire their cases? My lawyer told me that she would go with me but i have to pay her. I am not sure what they will ask. Do you think that bringing the lawyer will help the case enquiry? I went there before but I didn't get a chance to talk to Immigration officer. A customer representative helped me. So does anybody know? Thanks!

Local office Visit

I went to local office today to check my case status, they said If I don't get any interview information in mail by june 17 then I can come with appointment and get interview scheduled.

But when I went there last time in january, they said I should get an interview by the end of march, and if I don't get it then I should comein in april.

Today they are saying that they had a meeting recently and only after an year of transfer they can schedule an interview on our request til then we just have to wait and hope for the Interview letter in mail.

interview experience

My family and I got stamped passports on 4/4/05. Here is my whole story.
My family (wife and son) and I received three interview letters about 3 weeks before interview date(each 30 min apart). They asked documents: 1) interview letter, passport 2) medical 3) current employment letter and 3yrs W2 forms 4) photos showing living together.
We arrived there 20 minutes before interview. And about 15minutes after interview time, a white young man(officer B) called our name. He had our fingers printed and took us to his office. He first asked me about general questions like criminal charge, terrorist connection, father's name, so on. He also asked me approved I-140 copy that was not in the interview letter. Since I brought other documents, I just showed I-140 approval letter. He never asked us about medicals and photos. He asked my wife about welfare benifits. Actually we received several welfares about five years ago. But he just asked us if we currently receive any welfare. So I said, "NO'. He said, "if we do not recieve any welfare now, that's fine". After he checked our names, he stamped our passports. It took less than 1 h for our family. When we were his office, he said, "Congratuation and enjoy weather".

Thanks again you guys and gals. I got a lot of information from this forum. I believe next is your turn.

I-140 AD:July,2004
Transferred: 10/29/04 for me, 11/29/04 for my son and wife
interview:4/4/05
approved:4/4/05

I went to the Application support center today to get my fingerprint done. I thought I might do ten fingers again. But only one finger print needed for my EAD card. I asked them that I could do the whole ten fingers today since I might be asked to do the prints again when I got my interview scheduled. They said no. I have to wait for ten finger prints notice. I've been waiting for more than 3 hours today(1.5 hours in the rain) to get just one finger print done.. :mad: :mad: what a day!

Question

I am wondering how long it usually takes to get fingerprints/name check processed. I am still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. But I guess I have to redo the finger prints and medical exams again since those were done 3 years ago. If I got an interview set up, how long might take them to process fingerprints and name check? :confused:

Question for H1blaidoff

My friend asked me one question: How do you know that infopass was open? She tried hundreds of times, but failed. I remember you told me the other day that the info pass was open for April 19th. May I know by what method you used that show you the open date? Thank you so much for all your help. Good Luck on your wife's interview.

tired_2005 said:
My friend asked me one question: How do you know that infopass was open? She tried hundreds of times, but failed. I remember you told me the other day that the info pass was open for April 19th. May I know by what method you used that show you the open date? Thank you so much for all your help. Good Luck on your wife's interview.

Here is what your friend needs to do?

InfoPass appointments usually open up between 4:30 pm -6:30 pm. Thats what everyone has been saying and experienced too. During that time you go to infopass site. After entering your zipcode and selecting the enquiry type, if it takes you to the form wherein you enter your name and address, thats where you know that an appointment is available(still no idea on date) when you click Continue and confirm your information, the system would show the day and the times available. Thats the only way to know if an appointment is available.

If you get the message that says "At this time there are no appointments available" which means the slot is full and you need to try again. I know the system is unpredicatable but thats the only option right now. Once you keep trying you will master it.

tired_2005 said:
I am wondering how long it usually takes to get fingerprints/name check processed. I am still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. But I guess I have to redo the finger prints and medical exams again since those were done 3 years ago. If I got an interview set up, how long might take them to process fingerprints and name check? :confused:

Note on medical exams:

Though they ask for Medicals, all of us who had been interviewed and stamped, none of us were asked for medicals inspite of doing fresh medicals for the family(more than $$300).

My lawyer was saying that the interview letter and format that the local office sends to the applicants is the same for employment based & family based. These people don't even have the sense to send a separate one for employment based cases. This creates a confusion, whether I should take it or no, if the officer asks then what. Everyone of us has been waiting so long that we don't want to take the risk of excluding any of the listed documents. But thats all wrong. TRUST ME!!

I would advice you not to do your MEDICALS. If they ask you during the interview(less than 1% chance), you can do it after your interview too. Just that it will delay your stamping and approval by a week or two. But trust me, no one has been asked for medicals. So please don't waste your hard earned money on a piece of paper that USCIS will not even look at.

My 2c.

Last edited by a moderator:
AP-Application lost by VSC

Hi Guys

I applied for Ap in Oct . Yesterday I recvd mail from VSC stating they lost my application and have to submit again.

Let me know if anyone has similar exp.

immi1972 said:
Hi Guys

I applied for Ap in Oct . Yesterday I recvd mail from VSC stating they lost my application and have to submit again.

Let me know if anyone has similar exp.

Did they encash your cheque? If so, then how can they be so unprofessional?
Submitting an application requires lot of effort in terms of time and money. Do they realise it?

For them, its just a silly answer, "We lost your application".

How could they be so irresponsible?!! It is easy for them to say that we lost your application. But they don't know that they are killing people's time! and torture people's soul!! And waste people's hard-earned Money! :mad:

Yes money was taken . They asked me to submit without payment.Anyways I have appointment on 25th . I am sending the app once again to VSC and visit the local office to check with them on 25th.

H1Blayoff said:
Note on medical exams:

Though they ask for Medicals, all of us who had been interviewed and stamped, none of us were asked for medicals inspite of doing fresh medicals for the family(more than $$300).

My lawyer was saying that the interview letter and format that the local office sends to the applicants is the same for employment based & family based. These people don't even have the sense to send a separate one for employment based cases. This creates a confusion, whether I should take it or no, if the officer asks then what. Everyone of us has been waiting so long that we don't want to take the risk of excluding any of the listed documents. But thats all wrong. TRUST ME!!

I would advice you not to do your MEDICALS. If they ask you during the interview(less than 1% chance), you can do it after your interview too. Just that it will delay your stamping and approval by a week or two. But trust me, no one has been asked for medicals. So please don't waste your hard earned money on a piece of paper that USCIS will not even look at.

My 2c.

Just for a complete picture: I think they somtimes (or always) check the medical. However, if you submitted complete results at the time of application, they don't ask a new medical. However, if it is not complete and they check the report, you need a new medical. For example, my wife submitted a medical that says she didn't get vacination since she was pregnent, the officer asked a new medical copy and we could not give it since she didn't take a new medical and she couldn't get the stamp.

Regarding the wait time, it is more than a couple weeks, though. They give us 30 days to submit the new medical, and then, after receiving the medical, it again takes some time (my attorney said about two months).

So, to get medical or not? If you submitted a complete medical, you don't need to get a new medical. If you submitted a not-complete one (which is pretty rare, though), you can either take a new medical or take a chance and in the best case, you may save money, but in the worst case, it will delay a couple of months of getting GC (and additional visit to get stamped if you cannot wait until a few more weeks for plastic card).

Thank you for the updates. Y, I think I submitted all the complete doc since I went to the immigration doctor. He should know which ones we had to take. Btw, do you know the email address for emily(Senator George Allen's office)? I want to email her first before I call her to see if she get the update info about my case. Thanks!

Hi tired_2005,
Although I don't belong to the DC group.... [My wrestles were with Baltimore.....], I just saved this for a friend recently. Hopefully this is current...

Emily Evans(emily_gaitonde@allen.senate.gov)
Emily Gaitonde
Office of Senator George Allen
2214 Rock Hill Road
Suite 100
Herndon, VA 20170
Phone: (703) 435-0039
Fax: (703) 435-3446

Good luck and a speedy approval...
Cheers!!
V!

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I've sent an email to Emily already. Hopefully, I can hear the good news from her soon. Thanks again!

As I said My AP application was lost . VSC asked me to submit the Application again without fee . I am having appointment with Local office on 25th .
Do you guys recommend me to send the application to VSC ?
or directly goto local office and apply for AP.

I think , it is better to send VSC,there is strong possibility that local office could divert you to VSC.They always look for a reason.
immi1972 said:
As I said My AP application was lost . VSC asked me to submit the Application again without fee . I am having appointment with Local office on 25th .
Do you guys recommend me to send the application to VSC ?
or directly goto local office and apply for AP.

Question for Tired_2005

Hey tired_2005,

My EAD and my wife's EAD expiring in June 2005 as well (2nd of June to be specific). I applied for extension (3rd extension) in December 2004. I did not yet received it. Is it mandatory now to go to USCIS local office (Fairfax, Virginia) with Infopass appointment only?

Last year also it happened to me that I did not receive the EAD thru mail, so I went to Arlington office, stood in the queue and got new EAD for me and my wife. If I have to take infopass appointment, then it should to be two appointments or one single appointment for me and my wife?

Thanks