Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Excellent tired_2005, Congratulations!!! Get ready for the big day now. Please post your dates though in your next post

tired_2005 said:
Does anybody know how long it might take to get the finger print results back to local INS? I received interview letter today. But I have to redo my finger prints. I hope I can get my passport stamped on the same day that I got interviewed. The question is that immigration officer might not stamp my passport because they can't get the finger prints on time. So does anybody know how long does it usually take? My fingerprint date is 3 weeks before the interview date. Does it give enough time to get the finger print results back? Any inputs will be appreciated.

The fingerprints are usually updated the same day into the USCIS database. Still make sure you do your fingerprints well before your interview. I am sure there won't be any date mentioned on your fingerprinting notice. Go on a Wednesday around 10:30 am if thats the case. I won't recommend on weekends because thats where everyone tries to make it and preference is given to those who are scheduled for that day.

Thank you guys so much!!! I appreciate all the people who helped me and provided with updated info. Good luck on everbody!!!

Experience

tired_2005 said:
Thank you guys so much!!! I appreciate all the people who helped me and provided with updated info. Good luck on everbody!!!

I would suggest better to finish finger print immediately. Here is my experience I gave my finger print two weeks before my interview date and my wife gave a week before interview date .During my interview the officer told us my finger prints was received but my wife finger print was not received. Based on information I got from him it will take minimum 10 days to get into the USCIS database. So finally he approved my case and received card also but my wife case still pending and we applied for another EAD/ going for another finger print (biometrics) .Last week we went to Fairfax office to check my wife finger print status. The officer told us my wife finger print was received but we have to wait another 120 days to get approval letter in post, if not he asked us to come back after 120 days only.

Experience in finger print center at 8850 Richmond Highway: Based on my experience better to go early morning, so that you can finish by 10AM.If you go after 10AM that’s it. If you go after 10 AM be ready for another day because it took three days to finish my finger print (one day I went 1:00PM I didn’t get it and went next day I was stand in the line from 11:00AM to 4:00PM but not finished .Following day I went early morning 7:00AM and finished by 10:00AM)

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some feedback on the Green card

save_intvu said:
Please let me know what you are planning to do on this..
Thanks...

My wife received the welcome letter yday in mail. I am still waiting for mine. Looks like there is some serious problem with my case not being updated by the officer at the local office.

Just got off the phone with Congressman Wolf's office. My file is still sitting in the local office. Hopefully it will get pushed sometime soon but I am not sure when until I get the welcome letter in the mail.

Have you tried contacting the Congr. office? I would recommend you to do that. They will talk to the local office and help us out becuase they just need to be reminded to push the file out of the local office.

Our permanent residency has been delayed by two months becuase until the record is created, residency isn't registered. This will play an important role when we have to apply for citizenship.

Hope we will get our cards soon.

-Take care

I am worried same like you..
It looks like that perticuler officer did something wrong.
But I am going to local office on 9th , it is going to be exact 2 months to that date..
I haven't contaced anybody so far , I am thinking to contact after visiting loacl office..
How long this pain is going to be...
Thanks..

H1Blayoff said:
My wife received the welcome letter yday in mail. I am still waiting for mine. Looks like there is some serious problem with my case not being updated by the officer at the local office.

Just got off the phone with Congressman Wolf's office. My file is still sitting in the local office. Hopefully it will get pushed sometime soon but I am not sure when until I get the welcome letter in the mail.

Have you tried contacting the Congr. office? I would recommend you to do that. They will talk to the local office and help us out becuase they just need to be reminded to push the file out of the local office.

Our permanent residency has been delayed by two months becuase until the record is created, residency isn't registered. This will play an important role when we have to apply for citizenship.

Hope we will get our cards soon.

-Take care

Interviewed and Stamped

hello all,
thank you everybody for the wonderful information being provided by everybody.
I and my family got interviewed on April 25th. Got stamped also the same day. The Interviewer was very nice. I didn't have photos, so she gave me a new appointment for the same day to come back with the photos.

485 Filing: September 2002
Received RFE: Oct 2004
Transfered : Nov 2004
Called Vermont 3 times inquiring about the status.
Interview called for April 25th.

I just did my fingerprints this morning. To my surprise, there is no line!!! I did it within 10 or 15 minutes. The lady who did my fingerprints had to do it several times because my fingers were too thin. Anyway, I am kind of worried if they got it wrong and I might have to go back to redo it..Does anybody know if there is a number that I can call to confirm/enquire about my fingerprints results? I want to make sure that everything will be all right when I go to interview in 3 weeks.

Congratulations

me_too_waiting said:
hello all,
thank you everybody for the wonderful information being provided by everybody.
I and my family got interviewed on April 25th. Got stamped also the same day. The Interviewer was very nice. I didn't have photos, so she gave me a new appointment for the same day to come back with the photos.

485 Filing: September 2002
Received RFE: Oct 2004
Transfered : Nov 2004
Called Vermont 3 times inquiring about the status.
Interview called for April 25th.

Congratulations me_too_waiting.

Plastic card story

I just came out of the local office, the black bold person at counter answered “IT WILL TAKE UP TO ONE YEAR” repeatedly for my 10 different questions.Then I got fed-up then said thanks in very low voice then again he said “IT WILL TAKE UP TO ONE YEAR”.
When I said good bye, this guy then he mentioned “the file is still with same officer, he has not sent yet”

H1b,are you planning to do anything on this...

Thanks..

Hi, save_intvu, I can totally understand your frustration. I saw an African American officer did that before. I had an infopass scheduled for this wednesday(May 11, 05). I want to cancel it since I already got my interview letter. So does anybody need this appointment?

save_intvu said:
I just came out of the local office, the black bold person at counter answered “IT WILL TAKE UP TO ONE YEAR” repeatedly for my 10 different questions.Then I got fed-up then said thanks in very low voice then again he said “IT WILL TAKE UP TO ONE YEAR”.
When I said good bye, this guy then he mentioned “the file is still with same officer, he has not sent yet”

H1b,are you planning to do anything on this...

Thanks..

I can read your frustration. Looks like visiting the local office and complaining about thier work is of no use. I spoke to Congressman Wolf's office and the lady there is trying to do something in my case. Why don't you call her up and try to push your case too. I will try to visit the local office and see whats up with my case.

tired_2005 said:
Hi, save_intvu, I can totally understand your frustration. I saw an African American officer did that before. I had an infopass scheduled for this wednesday(May 11, 05). I want to cancel it since I already got my interview letter. So does anybody need this appointment?

Would you mind if I can take your appointment and visit the local office. Let me know when can you cancel it so that I can grab it.

Hi Group,
I am following up for a friend of mine....
Was wondering if this thread has a tracker.... some Excel sheet or other means in which Transfers, Interviews, approvals are documented.
I belong to the Baltimore Transfer Thread and one of the users, "Compass" created an Excel document with useful columns. Also gives an approx wait time for trasnferred cases. Not that it is cast on stone.... still, might give a "Guess"timate... I am attaching it here for reference...

Would really appreciate your feedback....

Thanks in advance for your time and Best wishes for a speedy approval for all those waiting.

V!

Hi H1Blayoff,

I can cancel it at any time. What time is convenient for you? How about 1:30 PM today? Please let me know if it works. Or you can suggest a way to do it. :)

tired_2005 said:
Hi H1Blayoff,

I can cancel it at any time. What time is convenient for you? How about 1:30 PM today? Please let me know if it works. Or you can suggest a way to do it. :)

Sounds good to me. I will wait at 1:30pm

Could you please post the contact information of Wolf's office

Thanks...

H1Blayoff said:
I can read your frustration. Looks like visiting the local office and complaining about thier work is of no use. I spoke to Congressman Wolf's office and the lady there is trying to do something in my case. Why don't you call her up and try to push your case too. I will try to visit the local office and see whats up with my case.