Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

It seems that this thread has been updated very slowly recently. Does anybody want to share his/her interview experience? I will have the interview next week. Just want to know what type of questions they will ask. Does anybody get his/her passport stamped on the spot lately? Any input will be helpful and appreciated!!!

tired_2005 said:
It seems that this thread has been updated very slowly recently. Does anybody want to share his/her interview experience? I will have the interview next week. Just want to know what type of questions they will ask. Does anybody get his/her passport stamped on the spot lately? Any input will be helpful and appreciated!!!

Try looking at the older threads ( from 75-95). You'll get to know the interview experience for several people. To tell you in brief, take all the documents that you can. Whether you passport will be stamped or no, depends on thier sucking system and the officer too. Just pray everything goes through.

Look at me. I am half happy because everything went well, but till date my permanent residency has not been registered and neither my card is been mailed.

Anyways, all the best for your interview. Keep everyone posted how it goes.

By the way, you haven't posted your interview date and time. Will be helpful to others if you do so. Thanks and appreciate it.

Hi, I just received a letter from Wolf's office in return to my inquiry about my plastic card.
It has below information.

H1blayoff, did you get same kind letter my Wolf's office.

"APPROVED - Sent to Vermont for Card Producation"

I am not sure what does it mean..

Thanks..

save_intvu said:
Hi, I just received a letter from Wolf's office in return to my inquiry about my plastic card.
It has below information.

H1blayoff, did you get same kind letter my Wolf's office.

"APPROVED - Sent to Vermont for Card Producation"

I am not sure what does it mean..

Thanks..

Thats true. Even I got a voicemail from Judith on Friday saying the file has been sent to Vermont and cards will be ordered soon.

The file was sitting all this time here in the local office. It has to be sent to Vermont so that our permanent residency gets registered and cards are ordered.

Hopefully our cards should arrive soon.

same situation

I am in the same situation. My case is also local office transfer to Minneapolis and the service center is NSC. My wife received welcome letter and the green card. I didn't get one and got my passport stamped when I went and checked my status at the local office. Couple of weeks later, I was told to appear in the Application support center(where fingerprint are being taken). I went on last May 13th. The officer took fingerprint in I89 form and also wanted me to fill I90 form. He is also not sure why I need to fill I90 form [This is for lost, physical card not received]. He said he will be sending this info to NSC. He said lately NSC has been doing for all applicants.

-Does any have the same/similiar situation?
- My approval date for 485 application is Mar 21st. Whether from this date will be calculated for citizenship and waiting period to switch the jobs or the date I receive the physical green card.

Ceejay

H1Blayoff said:
My wife received the welcome letter yday in mail. I am still waiting for mine. Looks like there is some serious problem with my case not being updated by the officer at the local office.

Just got off the phone with Congressman Wolf's office. My file is still sitting in the local office. Hopefully it will get pushed sometime soon but I am not sure when until I get the welcome letter in the mail.

Have you tried contacting the Congr. office? I would recommend you to do that. They will talk to the local office and help us out becuase they just need to be reminded to push the file out of the local office.

Our permanent residency has been delayed by two months becuase until the record is created, residency isn't registered. This will play an important role when we have to apply for citizenship.

Hope we will get our cards soon.

-Take care

Green card approved

My interview was at 1:30PM today and I went there around 11:00AM. I was called in around 1:25PM. A very nice American American Officer helped me. The interview was very short. She took my fingerprint and asked me to take the oath. Then she asked me very routine questions according to the 485 application form. Finally, she took all my EAD cards(total 4 cards), I94 card, 3 years' tax return, 3 month paystubs and stamped my passport. She told me that this passport was valid for a year and it's good for the travel during this period. I was told that the actual plastic card would be emailed to my address within 3 to 6 months. The whole interivew lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. I am glad that my journey for the greencard is finished. But I will keep myself posted when I get my actual card. Thank you guys so much for all the information and support. Good luck, everybody!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
tired_2005 said:
My interview was at 1:30PM today and I went there around 11:00AM. I was called in around 1:25PM. A very nice American American Officer helped me. The interview was very short. She took my fingerprint and asked me to take the oath. Then she asked me very routine questions according to the 485 application form. Finally, she took all my EAD cards(total 4 cards), I94 card, 3 years' tax return, 3 month paystubs and stamped my passport. She told me that this passport was valid for a year and it's good for the travel during this period. I was told that the actual plastic card would be emailed to my address within 3 to 6 months. The whole interivew lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. I am glad that my journey for the greencard is finished. But I will keep myself posted when I get my actual card. Thank you guys so much for all the information and support. Good luck, everybody!!! :)

Congratulations :) :) !!!!
You must be really "Tired" and "Exhausted" after this longggggggg ordeal.... Go give yourselves a big treat and Good luck with all your endeavours.
You deserved a simple [interview] and sweet finish to such a long journey.

Cheers!! :) :)

Please respond

Gurus.. Please respond to my query when you get a chance

Thanks
Ceejay

ceejay said:
I am in the same situation. My case is also local office transfer to Minneapolis and the service center is NSC. My wife received welcome letter and the green card. I didn't get one and got my passport stamped when I went and checked my status at the local office. Couple of weeks later, I was told to appear in the Application support center(where fingerprint are being taken). I went on last May 13th. The officer took fingerprint in I89 form and also wanted me to fill I90 form. He is also not sure why I need to fill I90 form [This is for lost, physical card not received]. He said he will be sending this info to NSC. He said lately NSC has been doing for all applicants.

-Does any have the same/similiar situation?
- My approval date for 485 application is Mar 21st. Whether from this date will be calculated for citizenship and waiting period to switch the jobs or the date I receive the physical green card.

Ceejay

H1blayoff,

Do you have any information on plastic cards.. I did talk to Judy, she said it will take up to 60 days after sending it for card production.
I did not see any case so far taking that many days..
Let us hope for the best…

save_intvu said:
H1blayoff,

Do you have any information on plastic cards.. I did talk to Judy, she said it will take up to 60 days after sending it for card production.
I did not see any case so far taking that many days..
Let us hope for the best…

Card production doesn't take that long. My wife's card and welcome letter arrived in less than two weeks after she was interviewed. Hopefully by the end of next week we should be getting something in the mail.

As you said, lets hope for the best.

-C H E E R S

H1blayoff,

Did you get naything from mail?..I did not see anything so far..
have you contacted anybody on this again?..

I am bit worried..
Thanks...

save_intvu said:
H1blayoff,

Did you get naything from mail?..I did not see anything so far..
have you contacted anybody on this again?..

I am but worried..
Thanks...

I haven't got anything yet. Still waiting for the Green Card to show up. Will let you know as soon as I get it.

I haven't contacted anyone from the time I heard from Congr. Wolf's office.

H1BLayoff,

Why it takes the local office a year to schedule you an interview while some people get an interview in 3 months?

LCSilence said:
H1BLayoff,

Why it takes the local office a year to schedule you an interview while some people get an interview in 3 months?

June

TO tell you the fact, there is only so much we can do when it comes to interacting with the local office. Inspite of going there personallty, we couldn't get any response from the officers. They are basically there to tell you things that you already know of. They are not there to help anyone but to make things worse. The only way we could get to know our case status is by contacting local Congressman's office.

The other part of the story is, though my interview is done, I haven't yet received my Green Card. After contacting the local office, I found that my file had been sitting at the local office. Heard from the Congressman's office that its been sent in the 3rd week of May. Still waiting.

I have given up on this. If the Congressman's office wasn't ready to help, what we would have done.

card received

Just a quick note to let you guys know that I received my card two weeks after my passport got stamped. It's a long journey, but I am glad that it's end. It's time to kick back and relax. Thanks everybody who provides me with the update info. btw, is there any lucky guy who gets interview scheduled 3 months after the case being transferred to local? That's amazing. Compared to the 19 months that I waited, he/she is so lucky. anyway, good luck on everybody and hope you guys get yours soon! :)

Some update on my cards

Our application has been received by Vermont center on 6/10/05(Local office has given 5/19/05 as sent date, I don’t know why this took this long).
We have got stamped 3/09/05.
So I am counting 2 weeks from last Friday to get the cards as best guess.

H1blayoff, I believe we both are in same boat.
I am leaving to my country on coming Friday for a month, enjoy the moment of card receiving.

Thanks…

save_intvu said:
Our application has been received by Vermont center on 6/10/05(Local office has given 5/19/05 as sent date, I don’t know why this took this long).
We have got stamped 3/09/05.
So I am counting 2 weeks from last Friday to get the cards as best guess.

H1blayoff, I believe we both are in same boat.
I am leaving to my country on coming Friday for a month, enjoy the moment of card receiving.

Thanks…

Where did you get this update from? Did you call Vermont?

save_intu,

During this transition time (from local office to vermont) did LUD change on your case? What option did you use in 800 Number to talk to the immigration officer? Thanks in Advance.