Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

PushingTheLimit said:
how does processing date effect the kind of questions they ask, and whether stamping will be done?

thanks

I think Since my PD >jan,01,98, they will not stamp my passport.They may say I will get gc in mail as cut off date pass my PD date. And I am expecting the same questions like what others had as my case is straight forward.

PD Aug 2001

Hey Everyone,

I finally got scheduled for an interview for November! My case was transferred to the local office in May of this year. My I-584 was asylum-based with an ND of Dec. 99. I have a couple of questions for you guys. They scheduled me again for finger printing, while I did my FP in March of this year. Is this normal? Also, the asked me to bring in copies of my medical exam results. I received an RFE in March, they did not ask me to do the medical exam, as I submitted my medical exam with my I-485 application. Does this mean that I will have to do the medical exam again? Finally, does anyone know how long it takes to get the final approval, after the interview? Do the approve the I-485 at the local office, or send it back to Nebraska for approval?

Thanks!

Gino
ND=Dec. 99
Filed transferred to the local office = May 2005
Interview in Nov.

One more question. The appointment letter says that "this interview will be videotaped." To those who have had interviews, did they videotape your interviews? It kind of scares me.

Gino

Appointment issues at fairfax office - VA

I am unable to get an appointment at the fairfax office in VA since 2 weeks from USCIS infopass appointment web site. Anyone here has any idea how to successfully schedule an appointment. My case has been transfered to fairfax office and now I am moving to Maryland . I wanted to update the local office about this address change by personally going there.

Thanks

IL_LABOR said:
I am unable to get an appointment at the fairfax office in VA since 2 weeks from USCIS infopass appointment web site. Anyone here has any idea how to successfully schedule an appointment. My case has been transfered to fairfax office and now I am moving to Maryland . I wanted to update the local office about this address change by personally going there.

Thanks

Try to make the appointment late at night, they always have open slots after 11:00 PM. Good luck.

Gino

Interview Completed but have to wait

I had my interview this afternoon. We had to wait approx. 45 minutes before were called. Interview was very thorough , it seems immigration oficer was new and was reading from paper what to ask and check

After interview he got up to get visa number which made me happy however lawayer clarified there is no visa #. At that point I thought may be it was wrong to take attorney along. She was not of much help and complcated things unnecessarily.

After that he took our passport and made us wait in the lobby. After a while he gave us a letter that interview was compelted but case cannot be completed as - NO VISA # AVAILABLE :( Your case is continued........

So I guess I have to wait...

Gino - there was no videotaping but USICS mention in every letter as they have right to do so

EB3 PD - 07/2001
ND - 10/2002

Last edited by a moderator:
485 transferred washington office on October 12th

My 485 is transfered to washington DC office on october 12th.

My case details
EB2- Labor Sub- PD Jan 99
485 - ND 03/7
140 - AD 8/15

Any one has any idea when can I expect the interview? Or is anyone here whose case is transfered to DC recently

After the retrogression, one has to wait until the PD becomes current to even get an interview call? Or is the Interview done and then you wait for the approval and card later?

Anyone on this thread who have had an interview or are scheduled to have an interview, have a complicated case. Arrest, DUI, etc? I have an arrest (but case was nolle processed) for Petit Larceny about 8 years back and am curious how it went for you guys in the interview. I would appreciate a reply back or a PM.

What does Visa is Unavailable Means?

san_GC said:
I had my interview this afternoon. We had to wait approx. 45 minutes before were called. Interview was very thorough , it seems immigration oficer was new and was reading from paper what to ask and check

After interview he got up to get visa number which made me happy however lawayer clarified there is no visa #. At that point I thought may be it was wrong to take attorney along. She was not of much help and complcated things unnecessarily.

After that he took our passport and made us wait in the lobby. After a while he gave us a letter that interview was compelted but case cannot be completed as - NO VISA # AVAILABLE :( Your case is continued........

So I guess I have to wait...

Gino - there was no videotaping but USICS mention in every letter as they have right to do so

EB3 PD - 07/2001
ND - 10/2002

Visa is Unavailable Question

Hi,
I would like to know what does visa is unavailable means after your green card interview?

Is there a long wait after this?

Thanks

visa numbers unavailable

Hi Jigjag,

The visa numbers are retrogressed back to Jan 98 for EB3 cases for Indians. So if you priority date is not before Jan 98, then that means visa number is unavailable for you.

Is your 485 transfered to washington DC local office?

Can Someone please explain VISA is UNAVAILABLE

Hi,

I had an interview lately. The officer said that visa is unavailble. What does this mean? What is the next step for me?

Please explain.

Thanks,
Jigjag

can you share your interview details

Jigjag,

What is your priority date? you have to wait until your PD becomes current.

Also could you share your interview details

1. when was you case Xfered to local office
2. when did u get a interview letter and when was interview
3. What did they ask in interview letter and in actual interview

RE:Can Someone please explain VISA is UNAVAILABLE

Hi Friends, this info from an INS Leagl person to a company..

VISA is UNAVAILABLE : Eevery Green card is titled with a Visa number until you get plastic card.Dept. of State is stop issuing the VISAs because of they
already released complete Quota for this year(no matter what country you are from), to eliminate this in future,INS brought their old old rule back in action,which is "Priorty Dates" system, this system was very poupler until late 90's.
As per news i heard, they are palnning to make everything current by Feb'06 or March'06.

All the best...

Any New Updates, Interviews, Interview letters etc?

Any New Updates, Interviews, Interview letters etc?

Any one been there recently? What cases are they processing?

Still Waiting!

I have been tranferred to DC local office in Sep 2004, after 3 yeras wait at Texas service center. Every time I go for enquiry in local office thay say it's in scheduling dept. I am fed up and tired of this journey.I lost patience and need to take a decision now to pursue further or just forget it and leave for My country.If I have to leave, what do I have to do to make sure that I am not abondoning the GC process.Am I obliged to do this at all.What implications do i have If have to attend the interview in India. :confused:

PD: FEB' 2000
RD: SEP 2001
EAD: 5
AP: 3