TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

I had the same experience

I called VSC last Friday. Surprisingly, it was just an 8 min hold at around 3:30PM, and the IIO that came online sounded very courteous. I explained about my FP problem and that it is nearly a year from the RD/ND. She was willing to look it up, but refused to take my 485 EAC# and just wanted my A#. There was a 1 minute wait and she said the FP has not been ordered and insisted that this is scheduled automatically and there is nothing she could do, and that I should keep checking the status on the Internet! I said thankyou and hung up. I guess I'll call again next week and hope a smarter IIO comes to the rescue.

They ack that the FP was missed for "some" people

But they don't send out one :mad:

My lawyer spoke to an IIO, who spoke to her supervisor and told that they will issue a manual FP since it was missed the first time and we will get it in 3-4 weeks ... all the crap. This all happened 3 months ago !!!

I am not sure what is going on in that organization :D Transfer or no transfer I don't see the green card in sight before June/July for sure. I am sorry if I sound very pessimistic. I am pessimistically optimistic about getting the gc before the end of the year :D ( with or without FP!! )

renewal EAD approved

My renewal EAD was approved on 2/13...in a span of 2 weeks...

Suprised :)

Since nothing works out for me, I thought I should be careful in EAD. I applied on 30th Jan and my original EAD was expiring on 05/07 so that I will have sufficient time to get at least IEAD from Newark if it does not come within 90 days.

Detai ls:
RD: 1/31
ND: 2/5
Just a receipt of fees came which is hand written with EAC #
AD: 2/13

thanks,
rajum

EAD RENEWAL QUESTION

Is there some specific time when we need to apply for EAD Renewal, My EAD will be expiring on 07-JUL-03, when do you think I should apply for renewal.

Rajum, what is the validity for you new EAD, is that effective from 05/07/03 to 05/07/04 or it from 02/13/03 to 02/13/04.

Thanks
DEC01

Dec01,
As Kdsk told one can apply six month before the expiration of EAD.
I mentioned in my previous mail of my dates and why I applied now.
I am not sure of validaty dates.I didn't received cards till now...
I will notify once I get the cards.

thanks,
rajum

Rceived FP notices for spouse and self (3/13). Can we go ahead of schedule at Hartford, CT?

got FP notices / EAD renewal approved

We got my FP notices and FP scheduled for 3/4/2003.

I applied for EAD renewal and on Feb 10 , EAD approved and ordered EAD card. I hope EAD card will be in my hand in another week or two.

Thanks
KDSK

Thanks rajum.

A few questions.
1. Can we go for FP ahead of schedule?
2. What is the Hartford INS contact number?
3. How long does it take for getting the FP done? 1/2 hrs?
4. Best time to go there, if we can get it done ahead of schedule?

Thanx.

FP done.

Went in at 8:30 a.m. Out by 9:00 a.m. Just showed the passport and the FP notice.

Also renewed EAD/AP which took like 10 days to be approved. EAD card took about 10 days to receive after approval and AP about a week after approval.

I received my EAD renewed cards yesterday and going for FP on 3/4/03 as scheduled.

Thanks
KDSK

Recived FP notice

Guys,

Just want to share that i received my FP notice. i have to go on march 13 to get it done at newark. I am one of those notice dates between Apr 8-10. My notice date is apr 8th. hope this helps lots of folks waiting for the FP notice.

mycase9,
Congratulations...have you called up INS for your case...or it came automatically....

thanks,
rajum

Called INS about FP

Rajum i called INS 4 weeks back and they said that i should be reciving the FP notices in 3 -4 weeks which i did. hope this helps

My spouse and I haven't got FP yet. ND:Apr 9, 2002. My attorney has called INS several times, and I have called INS once, but never got lucky I guess.

Some of the IIOs are aware of the April FP screw up. It is a matter of luck getting through to one of them. The rest of the IIOs are not aware and most of these folks probably do not even want to look up the file as to what could have caused the delay and just provide the standard FP response.

One thing I would suggest is to find the name of the IIO you speak with (they do give their first names or whatever) and the next time you call, if it is a different IIO, you could mention that you had called and spoken with XYZ IIO who had told that you should get your FP in a month or two or so.