TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

The wait is painful...especially INS lost my 140 file and have to do I140 again...first 140 has taken 9 months....second one has taken 7 months...and now struck up with FP...

Don't have words to express frustration

-thanks,
rajum

FP update

Attorney spoke with IIO requesting for fingerprints. IIO told that she will put in the request for FP with the appropriate department :confused: and we should receive the FP notices soon (about 3-4 weeks time). So, we will know in another 3-4 weeks. Will keep you guys posted.

Good Work st8

Rajum - Your situation is really more frustrating than mine. To be honest, I have been very lucky to get my labor done in 5 months even though I filed it in mid april. I lost 3 months on I-140 due to the Anthrax scare ( I guess INS did not open the mails during that time.)

For all that you suferred, I wish you goodluck atleast in this third stage. FP is not a big deal, dont worry. But definitely it should be done ATLEAST by the end of December. Otherwise, it gets closer to March, when INS is EXPECTED to start approving our batch.

Can we expect INS to adjucate our cases in March ?:confused:

st8,
Thank you for your info....Hope someone will look into April 8th, 9th and 10th cases and issue FP's. I read your views in other threads and wish you all the best...

Dryice(SIDR)
Thank you for your kind words...now I left thinking about Green card and putting all my efforts in saving my assignment and looks like I am quite lucky in that front. I went on one-month project last year and somehow survived the whole year....the assignment is still there....

thanks,
rajum

Lots of Questions.

Hi Guys,

1. How long will the INS continue to exist ?
2. When will it be integrated into Homeland Security Department ?
3. If INS continues to exist, when will it approach March ?
4. If INS merges with HSD, what will happen to our applications ?
5. Are there any new security checks that we have to undergo ?
6. I heard that there might be a CIA check and that takes about eighteen months to give the results to INS ( or equivalent department). Is this right ?
7. Are the EADs / Aps that are already issued valid now ? Or should we apply for new APs ?
8. If the EAD expires in May and if the INS does not exist by March, then where should we apply for a new EAD ?
9. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE PEACE OF MIND ?

I Think we are the ones who are hit hard by the terrorism thing in America. We are at the same risk as others and in addition, we have our own H1 / GC Tensions and as if this is not enough, we have to go through this extra tension of background checks and foreground checks.

PS: There may be spelling mistakes - Please excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP info for April 8/9/10

Spoke with IIO regarding FP. IIO said that they are aware that some April FPs entered into system were never assigned. Only way to get is to get FP manually assigned. So, you guys need to call INS to get FP manually assigned. If not, you may get FP notice when 485 will be assigned to an officer.

As for our FP, my file and my family's got split. Hence, IIO will request FP for all of us by sending email to the assigned IIO (She said she sent the email as we spoke). She also gave the name of IIO who has my file for assigning FP.

Second time our files have split. First AP and now FP. My daughter's AP has a life of its own. INS Vermont sent to INS PA without approval and who sent it to INS Nebraska incorrectly and finally reached INS Vermont for approval. I also got this IIO's name and she took my phone number (that is something new) and told she will call after the AP approval.

EAD Extension

Hi ST8,

Thank you very much for your information. I am also a victim of April8-10 mistakes.

To all,

I think its time to extend our EAD, becuase EAD is taking more than 90 days. If any one who had applied for extension, please advice me (and other who wants to get an extension).

Thanks in advance

:confused:

485 processing resumed

Guys,

485 processing seems to have resumed at VSC. Checked Rupnet and was happily surprised to find people who filed in October 01 receiving approvals. Found 5 updates today.

Good news, but the wait continues....

- gc042001

Time to renew EAD

Hi Guys,
My company has sent me documents for renewing EAD and AP.

Just for information,
I am going to send the following doc on Monday
1. I-765 for me and my wife
2. I-131 for me and my wife
3.G-28 for me and my wife ( for lawyer )
4. 4 - INS photo
5. copy of EAD ( front and back )
6.$230.00 for INS ( for my wife's EAD and AP, My company will pay for mine )

Thanks and Good Luck

Elias ( Rames )

Dec 01 Approvals?

Hi,

The VSC processing times shows I485 processing current as of 10/15/01 (I believe this is the 3rd month that VSC reports the same thing), but, Rupnet suggests that some Dec 01 filers are getting approvals. Does that mean we should expect our approvals this quarter? Obviously VSC needs to catch up for the 3 month time loss. Or am I being too optimistic :)?

- gc042001

Talked to IIO today(2/6)...

Called early at 7am Central. Could get thru only after a lot of tries and was on hold for a lot longer than I expected. Anyway, this guy came on line and got all details like A#, last name and first name spelt out and address as well. I had filed AR11 in June 2002. The address matched except for the zip. It was my first call to VSC. He said that my attorney had called at least five times. This was news to me.

I called to find the deal with my FP. I'm one of those Aril 8-10 ND filers who have not had their FP yet. Our man starts to explain the whole 485 process to me. He said that I'm looking at a minimum of another 6-10 months before they get to this case. He reiterated that this is nothing official and is only a estimate. They are backed up for no fault of theirs but because of changes in policies in Washington DC.

He said that he will find out about my FP and put me on hold. Then the call got cut. Can you believe that? After all that time I spent getting connected...

There you go, people. Another 6-10 months(again, its only an estimate!). Fasten your seat belts. Its going to be a bumpy ride...

Again same old experience for malludude...
...who is interested in their guesstimation. They will not allow us to talk before their guesstimation and talks in a tone that why have you called so early....and if you point out about FP and try to rationalise by saying that others are getting...again the same standard answer...don't worry...every case is different....

...and now a new reason to blame...policy changes in Washington D C as if they implemented all the policies which has emanated from Washington D C ( Their goal is to achieve 6 month processing )

Looks like there is no progress in April 8-10 th cases....

thanks,
rajum

April 8-10th filers on Finger printing progress...

I called IIO 10 days back and I got my finger prints letter which was scheduled for 3-4-2003.

What's the funda behind Finger printing

Hi,
Case EB2-NJ. RD Mar 02/ND Apr 02/EAD May 02. But not received finger printing yet. Is there anybody out there with similar kind of case and didn't receive finger printing. I want to know that I am alone in this boat or there are other people with me

Thanx

:eek:

kdsk,
Congratulations....Please let me know the procedure...
NMM2,
There are lot of people particularly in those month who didn't got fingerprinting....I am still waiting for FP despite calling IIO couple of times....I am not sure how many left now....

thanks,
rajum

Rajum and to all who didn't get finger print notice.

The procedure is very smiple. Call IIO and tell them that you didn't get finger print notice. Please be ready to give your 485 receipt number (EAC*********). BOOM. you will get finger prints notice in a couple of weeks.

Need a lot of patience to wait in the queue.

Best of luck guys....

KDSK

April 8-10 ND filers

rajum and others:

Called INS and found that file reached FP department. Should be getting FP notices 2-4 weeks.

So, if 8-10 April ND, you need to call to get FP notices as INS is aware of the missed out FP notices. If you dont call, you should get it when your case is picked up but you may run the risk of transfer.

st8 & kdsk,
Somehow for me talking to IIO was never that easy. I called up yesterday and informed the IIO that I didn't received my FP. She put me on hold for 2 minutes.. and then she said that I will get FP when my file moves to the next stage. I asked her what is the next stage and when that occurs. She said that my next stage is FP and that might happen in next couple of months. ( a crude joke indeed....My blood boiled by such lousy and callous answer but I maintained my calm as I cannot afford to lose also). I asked her whether is it possible to issue manual FP. She said that she doesnot have access to my file to issue manual FP.

As usual I am frustrated with the talk and I am not sure why till now never a favorable IIO came ?

thanks,
rajum

Last edited by a moderator: