TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

FP Notice Recd...ND: 04/09/2002, FP Date: 09/03/2002

Have faith 04/08 - 04/10 waiters..

I had called my attorney 2 weeks ago, and he called the INS, and they told we are sorry, and that we are sending the file again for FP appoitnment (they said that they had sent and they do not know why it came back)

Today my attorney asked me to check my mail, as he got the original FP Notice.

The FP Date is 09/03/2002 , so this long weekend will be one more day longer.

So now moving to the next step...

March2002Tracker

Last edited by a moderator:
March2002Tracker,

Just wanna know which office will you go for FP? I belong to Newark, NJ office, if I get FP notice eventually. I am still waiting patiently for my EAD and FP notice.

Thanks.

So, is the FP notice sent to both attorney and myself? Also, can anybody tell me whether you can hear an AVM update for the FP notice?

Thanks.

FP Notice

XDai...I will go to the Newark, NJ office.

I asked the attorney if he would send me the original, he said that now INS sends two originals - one to each of us, so he said I would not need his copy.

Today's mail did not have my notice, so let us see if tomorrow I get the notice

Congratulations March2002tracker...

Finally, one of the milestones you are crossing...

Today my wife called INS...and the IIO is telling that they have not yet scheduled March cases and it might take another two months for march cases to schedules...f....b....., instead of giving correct info, they give wrong and false information and I think these people should be sued for this.....

thanks,
rajum

Rajum..are they refering scheduling to FP or the 485 Adj

Maybe they are saying that in 2 months we would ADJ the March 485 cases....Just being more optimist

congrats March2002Tracker!

Thats good news. Let see if those intellects notice the other files or we will call later.

Have fun!

Finally my EAD was approved on 8/14/02 after RFE for photo received by INS on 7/1/02. Although I still have plenty of time on my H-1B, it's trully kind of relief to know that INS didn't abandon me. So now my next step is to wait for my FP notice.

BTW, does anyone know that how long it takes for INS to order the EAD card and mail it to me? Will the card to be mailed to me or my attorney?

Thanks.

The EAD card comes to you directly

And for how long it takes, in INS terms:
WYSIIYMIWYGT - When you see it in your mail box is when you get it :)

Don't worry u will get it in less than a week!

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

No progress in the I-485 processing dates as it is still 8/15/01 as per the latest VSC times. At this rate our approvals will probably be March-May next year. :(

My AP screw-up by INS continues. Initially AP was sent to PA to prepare the document without approval. Was lying there for 2 months and on contacting IIO, she requested it back for approval. She requested mine & AP approved but my family's still there. Then, again IIO contacted and this time goofed up again because only my spouse's was requested back and probably AP approval in 2-3 weeks for spouse. Called again and IIO says sorry and said will request my kid's AP from PA and should be approved in 4-6 weeks. All of us are going to have different AP approval dates. Talk about INCOMPETENCY & INEFFICIENCY. INS VSC screws up their end and what is PA INS doing? Just keeping the non-approved APs and not returning them back or questioning INS VSC. :mad: :mad:

Also, IIO told FP notice should happen after 2 months.

This thread has become way too quiet. Probably will see some action when FP notices occur for 8-10 filers and early 2003 when approvals begin. Others, please post any updates.

Ciao.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have called INS and they are saying the same thing again and again.............that I will get FP in two months and they are saying that may be NJ is slow...but when pointed towards the fact that people in NJ are getting FP in one month, they don't have any answer...

This tracker has slowed down considerably.....may be because of slow down in the approvals of INS...at one time, everyone expected that we will get GC approvals by OCT and NOV....now we are thinking in terms of March and April time frames....but I am optimistic that we will get it by Dec....

I think they simulateneously started October and September and they are few cases from this point on....

As a group lets be optimist that we will get GC approvals by Jan but individually the way my GC is going it might be March-April.

thanks,
rajum

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

Not much progress!

Probably no approvals till next year.

so nothing going on huh ?

Looks like the INS works like the economy, good times and the bad times!
First of all let me congratulate most of em to cross the 180 day timeline. ( if its of any use, thats a diff debate :cool: )

As an immigrant-to-be we are all waiting for something always, H1, better job, better salary, better half.., EAD, GC .. then the perfect job :confused: after GC..and then we assume that once we get that we are heading for a happily ever after life :D
I wonder how many of you realise that we are loosing the prime part of our life, assume most of them are in late 20's or early 30's, waiting :rolleyes:
Guys get out there and enjoy life when we can. Never checked the AVM for the last three months, checked yesterday, the same song ;)

Any good orchards in the PA, NJ, NY for apple picking ?

RCPT EAC02XXXXX
ND: 04/09/2002
EAD 05/07/2002
AP: 05/07/2002
FP: STILL WAITING
Talked to IIO last weekend. She says my file for finger printing was never sent to NJ INS office, for whatever reasons... I, in my infinite wisdom did not think it wise to prod her as to WHY, .. she said she will send it on monday.. and i should get FP notice within a couple of weeks... Well HOPE SUSTAINS LIFE.. dont it?

O Well better later than never.. i say.

Good Luck all you good people!

Pilania

fp update

My lawyer had spoken to the IIO lastweek and explained that my FPs were not scheduled yet. And the IIO had replied saying that she will take it upto the supervisor for further inquiry as according to INS records the FPs were ordered to the local ASC in April 2002 itself :mad: ( makes sense, as others got the notice around that date only)
So my lawyer is also sending a request to the local ASC to find out where the "protocol" was broken. Looks like they don't have guaranteed message delivery :D
So guys with missing FP: most of us are all set with FP done, according to the INS system :confused:
Let me see if these efforts help in anyway :rolleyes:

address of local ASC

va_waiter2001,
Can you find out from the attorney and post the address of local VSC. After seeing your posting, I am also planning to send a letter to local ASC and also the letter to the INS....if necessary.
I believe you are from NJ.

May be the format of the letter also helps...and if you are not comfortable, I appreciate if you send a personal mail to me...

My e-mail is pmanthen@mobius.com

thanks,
rajum

:p

Guys I need to know, have you heard of any case so far where somebody who has filed for I-485 in 2002 has got their approval?