TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

filed in 2002 and approved ?

Only cases which has dependents who will turn 18 anytime will be approved immediately. So there may be cases like that where its filed in jan 2002 and one of the dependents will turn 18 in May, it will be approved before may.

rajum, I am from NJ. I will try to get the local ASC address, I am not sure if I can get the format of the letter, as they never give me such information. I will ask my lawyer anyway.

va_waiter2001,
I searched in the INS site for ASCs and I got these two addresses for the New Jersey.

HACKENSACK
INS HACKENSACK
116 Kansas St.
Hackensack, NJ 07601

NEWARK

INS NEWARK
24 Commerce Street
Newark, NJ 07102

Since I live in Piscataway, NJ...I think Newark is the right place for that.

If you can get the format and content of the letter , I deeply appreciate...

May be otherwise, I will draft a letter and take opinion for that....

thanks,
raju

FP appointment

My ND is 10/04/02. I spoke to INS officer about my FP appointment. And she said that my case was "not in the system that sends these appointments." She said she'll put me there. We'll see what will happen then.

Hello!

Guys (I am formerly SIDR), let us bring this thread back into action and let us thank ST8 for all his good work on the tracker file.

I WAS expecting our approvals sometime in Nov/Dec. It appears like April 2003 is the most optimistic estimate. Had it been during the year end, we could have gone on vacation, but the approval is coming in the middle of the year. Life is suddenly looking a little heavy Uh ? However, I request all of you to get into some humor along with your GC related postings.

No problem, Sidr/DryIce (Why DryIce? :confused: )

All 8/9/10 filers should wait this week and call IIO for manual request of FP by INS next week as we would pass 210 days from ND (we have passed the 210 days but why bother the explanation with IIO).

At the same rate of progress, we should get approvals between March-June 2003.
Lucky ones: March
Regular approval: April/May
RFE:May-June

We will see what happens.

yeah dry ice may be right now???

I am silent observer of this thread till now( not registered). Now I thought I would also participate. First my details are

I strogly believe at this point we all will have GC by end of june 03

:rolleyes: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To ST8 - Why DryIce ?

First of all I lost the password of SIDR. Then I also forgot which email id I gave over there. So, there is no way of saving that ID.

The second time, I wanted to succeed in registering, in the first try. So, I remembered this "DryIce" from one of my chemistry classes ( I think it is frozen carbon Dioxide)... That is all. nothing more than that. But somehow I liked the self contradicting nature of this word... :)

Also, one more suggestion ST8, why do not we migrate to the main thread instead of this Archive? Probably you may want to start a new thread ? "New March 2002 Tracker" ?..

ND April 8/9/10 filers

ND April 8/9/10 filers have completed 210 days. So, call INS to manually schedule FP appointments. I will keep you posted regarding the outcome after my attorney calls INS.

Any Guess When can we expect our Approvals

Hi Guys,
I am Rames. I have the same story as DryIce (SIDR). I too forgot my password and the email id. So registered as a new user ‘Elias’.
Any guess guys, when can we hear the magic words….( Your case has been approved and…)

At the time of June/ July Approvals we thought, we may get our approvals around Dec 2002. Since Nov/ Dec are not yet started, My guess is around April or May of 2003.

Any Comments…….

Rames

Elias aka Rames, I think it would be between Mar-Jun '03.

DryIce aka Sidr, we will keep this thread as it is not very active since not a lot is happening. If you move to the main forum, this thread will get buried.

st8 and others,
I called up INS today morning (12th Nov) and enquired about my FP. She said I may get shortly. I informed in NJ everyone is getting in two months. She fiegned ignorance on that. Afterwards, I informed that I called about a month back and IIO asked me to call after 210 days after which they will issue manual FP she again expressed surprise at such a rule and she said that she will enquire and if that is the case, she will do whatever she can.
It is as good as not happening ....

-raju

rajum: My attorney had told me that after 210 days one can request FP. She will call VSC sometime this week and let me know. CSC also has a similar policy where after 210 days one can send a fax request for FP. VSC does not have the fax procedure but you can call.

Maybe better luck next time. Try calling later if someone else has success during the week.

keep it posted on the FP guys

I haven't seen any changes since my lawyer's call to IIO. No response from the lawyer too :mad:, so I don't know if its smoking out there or just a request response protocol!!
let see if we get FP before the holidays!

No such Rule

I called up my lawyer regarding this 210 days rule. He was unaware of any such rule. He said he will call up the INS and see if any such thing exist. I called the INS but even the IIO was not aware of such rule. She said some times you get the notice just before the approval. I hope its true.

offcourse there is no 210 days rule!

The normal time for an FP schedule is somewhere from 1 month to 6 months, so generally if you call INS before this timeline, they don't consider this as an issue. But they "consider" this as an issue when it has crosses say 7 months ..
But in some cases the FP notices arrive 1-2 months before the approval, ie when they find these missing during their file move to the staging area.. the only problem with that is, in todays situation, you might end being a potential target for a transfer to the local office :(

ok, lets attribute the IIO's ignorance as their learning curve

And we will sure see some more ignorant people because of the new recruitment and dept changes ... boy aren't we living in intresting times ... :D

Guys

The wait is really getting painful. Of late I am also confused whether INS is processing the cases based on ND or RD. If it is by ND, I think we are better off. I think I am slowly feeling as if my whole meat and bone are being soaked in sulphuric acid.. The wait is getting really painful.. especially because, I expected our approvals in December. :(