Those who applied in oct/nov 2004

My lawyer's interpretation of processing dates

The lawyer wrote -

"The CSC processing date indicates the date of cases that are being transferred from "the shelf" to a CIS Adjudicator. The cases are moved in batches and the processing time going forward will vary depending on where your file is in the stack and how quickly the adjudicator assigned to your case reviews his/her cases. Please give the CSC 90 days to make a decision on your adjustment applications now that the processing time report indicates they are working on applications filed prior to 12/16/04. ".

Hope her theory is correct and the wait is not too long for all of us.

Thanks
gcsfo

140 RFE help!!!

Hi all and Unitednations:

I was informed today by my attorney that I got RFE regarding the previous experience letters. I need the help from you--gurus, please.

Questions:

Situation: On ETA 750, mentioned 2 year experience, I have 2-year part time (20 Hours) work experiences as graduate assistant while pursuing my master degree. When submitting LC, one staff from the university wrote a letter for 2 year experiences without day/month of starting and ending and hours per week, so I got LC approval. When submitting 140/485, my attorney did not submit this letter. I talked to him just now and he asked me to provide a letter from the university to attest I had 2-year part time experience with duty, title, dates and number of hours.
1. Can I ask some faculty of the university to write this letter?
2. Can 20-hour part-time experience as graduate assistant convince CIS?
3. I also had 5 year experience abroad, but on the ETA 750, I inserted the job title and did not include the duty related to my current job. Is this okay for me to request a letter from my previous employer abraod to attest my previous experiences even though not mentioned in ETA 750?
4. What the chance of the approval after responding to the RFE on this matter?
5. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your response on this matter.

LC PD: 11/2001
140/485: RD: 11/29/2004, ND: 12/01/2004
140 LUD: 04/29/2005, RFE issued on 04/28/2005 without e-mail and without update on the website. Attorney got the RFE letter today (05/10/2005), response due: 07/28/2005
485 LUD: 04/06/2005

RFE on I-140!

Finally CSC waked up after a week of hibernation.
I just got email that I am getting RFE.
Probably ability to pay.

WAC-05-014-5XXXX
===========================
total nb of I140 : 69
I140 approved : 36
I140 RFE : 21
I140 PENDING : 12
82 % of cases have been processed

It is amazing. From the last update you gave on may 5, 3 cases got approved and 7 got RFE.

Looks like this lot of cases has gone to some guy who is either very critical of things or is too casual and puting the stamp on case processed by way of RFE.

I was actually expecting you would get 140 / 485 approved both together, may be theories are not correct always.

Anyway, best of luck.

csc_pawn said:
Finally CSC waked up after a week of hibernation.
I just got email that I am getting RFE.
Probably ability to pay.

WAC-05-014-5XXXX
total nb of I140 : 69
I140 approved : 36
I140 RFE : 21
I140 PENDING : 12
82 % of cases have been processed

statistic on WAC-05-018-5XXXX I-140 Cases (ND Oct 27th) as of today

There are 4791 cases in total.

I-140 cases

total - 64
received - 16
RFE sent - 10
RFE rcvd - 2
approved - 36

I-485 cases

total - 110
received - 16
RFE sent - 14
RFE rcvd - 1
FP sent - 1
FP rcvd - 44
approved - 24
transferred - 10

The-Dude said:
==== April 30 statistics ====
I-140 cases

total - 64
received - 20
RFE sent - 7
RFE rcvd - 2
approved - 35

I-485 cases

total - 110
received - 16
RFE sent - 13
RFE rcvd - 0
FP sent - 1
FP rcvd - 45
approved - 24
transferred - 11

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it has been a massive RFE day most of them on May 5th!!
Maybe too much tekila on cinqo de mayo ...

I hope that it will not be a nasty RFE ...

I will post when my lawyer gets the letter.

GC_GoneCase said:
It is amazing. From the last update you gave on may 5, 3 cases got approved and 7 got RFE.

Looks like this lot of cases has gone to some guy who is either very critical of things or is too casual and puting the stamp on case processed by way of RFE.

I was actually expecting you would get 140 / 485 approved both together, may be theories are not correct always.

Anyway, best of luck.

Statistics for cases with Notice date of Nov 2,2004

Hi the_dude & csc_pawn,

Do you guys know or how to find the status of cases with receipt date of Nov 2, 2004. I appreciate your help.

Need your advice for my 140 RFE

I really need your inputs and advices on my 140 RFE regarding the previous 2 year work experience.
1. Does 20 hour part time count for 2 year exp., if not how to fix it?
2. I had 5 year related experience outside U.S, but I did not specify it on ETA 750B. Do you think this helps me respond RFE?

Anyone would like to give me some help?

Thanks in advance.

RFE for 140 and 485

I also got a RFE on May 5th and I got an email yesterday. But I got it for both 485 and 140.

sameer89,

What is RFE about? No idea why CSC sent a bunch of RFEs this week. I'm still looking forward to hearing someone who has experienced RFE as to previous work exp.

sameer89 said:
I also got a RFE on May 5th and I got an email yesterday. But I got it for both 485 and 140.

485 pending

Any OCT/NOV applicants whose I-140 got approved but 485 still pending ? I haven't seen any 485 approvals for quite sometime. Looksl like some people get lucky and 140/485 get approved concurrently. The name check is a whole lot of hogwash..my name is quite unique.

Yes, there are many of us waiting for the I-485 to show signs of life.

gcsfo.

sammau_2005 said:
Any OCT/NOV applicants whose I-140 got approved but 485 still pending ? I haven't seen any 485 approvals for quite sometime. Looksl like some people get lucky and 140/485 get approved concurrently. The name check is a whole lot of hogwash..my name is quite unique.

Got the eagerly awaited news by email today (05/11/05) about my I-140 -

"Current Status:
This case has been approved. On May 5, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you
may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. "

My case : (EB3 , Non-Current, future employement ( small consulting company of about 25 people)
Labor applied : June 2001
Labor Approved : July 2004
I-140 RD : 11/19/04
I-140 approval : 05/05/05 (looks like 05 is my lucky number)

Didn't get any RFE (not even any LUD) , though company Attorney was apprehensive of getting one because of ability to pay and did not allow me to file I-485 concurrently.
-------------------------------------

Guys, now I need some suggestions. First a brief history of my case. I used to work for the sponsering company when they had applied for my labor but left the sponsering company amicably to join the client in 2003 on clients's insistence. After my labor got approved , they (old company) applied only for my I-140 saying that they'll apply for I-485 after I-140 approval as it's safer to do so (on company's attoreny's advice). Though they put a condition that I should join them back for atleast 6 month . I agreed to this condition but only after I-485 approval.
My current company which is a large corporation has applied for my labor too in early 2004. Currently I am on my 7th year extension based on my current company's labor application. I guess currently it's in backlog reduction center may take a couple of years. I am very happy with my current company and job as it's fairly secured (have been working for the last 5 years in the same group and same project).

Now my questions are -

(1) I don't want to join the sponsering (old) company until I-485 is approved. Is there any risk / problem in doing so ? In other word, will this reduce the chances of my I-485 approval.

(2) Is it possible to apply another I-140/I-485 concurrently through my current employer after my labor is approved while my I-485 is still pending with the old employer

(3) If labor thru my current employer gets approved and they decide to apply for my I-140/I-485 (which I would like to) and my I-485 with the old employer is still pending and two I-485 is not possible, can I withdraw my I-485 with the old-employer to apply I-140/I-485 concurrently (assuming priority date is current) thru my current employer ?

Any suggestion /reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Received RFE

My lawyer receveived the RFE on ability to pay.
They ask beneficiary W2 and tax return for petitionner.

emergency phone number question

I was trying to call the emergency number 949-389-3007, seems like it goes directly to the automatic answering machine. Should I keep trying to get a live person? Thanks.

The-Dude said:
I was trying to call the emergency number 949-389-3007, seems like it goes directly to the automatic answering machine. Should I keep trying to get a live person? Thanks.

Yes just keep trying but note that hours of operation are from 9:00AM to 3:30pm.

csc_pawn said:
Yes just keep trying but note that hours of operation are from 9:00AM to 3:30pm.

Just like everything else at INS. Anyway, I called up my lawyer and asked her to send an inquiry, I'll keep you guys updated.

BTW, if I go to work for another company after my 140 is approved, I need EAD as well, right? (My current emplyer didn't apply EAD for me, I'm wondering if I should apply myself)

The-Dude said:
Just like everything else at INS. Anyway, I called up my lawyer and asked her to send an inquiry, I'll keep you guys updated.

BTW, if I go to work for another company after my 140 is approved, I need EAD as well, right? (My current emplyer didn't apply EAD for me, I'm wondering if I should apply myself)

I think that even as of today you need to hold an EAD to work with your current employer if you do not maintain H1 (or other) status.

csc_pawn said:
I think that even as of today you need to hold an EAD to work with your current employer if you do not maintain H1 (or other) status.

I'm still on my H1, that's why my company is not applying EAD for me. They only start 6 months b4 the H1 expires.