Those who applied in oct/nov 2004

Congrats bluewater,

Enjoy the freedom. Your spouse approval must be on the way.

Yours and mine RD and ND are exactly the same. My 140 approval LUD was April4, 2005, which is just a day apart from yours.

Gives me hope although I do not know the status of name check. My last LUD on 485 was 5/2, which could be due to my calling emergency number few days before that or name check, do not know :confused:

bluewater said:
I just received an e-mail that my I-485 has been approved on May 24th.
Haven't received an approval for spouse yet

EB3
WAC050035XXXX
Labor PD: 10-APR-2002
Labor AD: 12-AUG-2004
I-140/485 RD: 30-SEP-2004
I-140/485 ND: 05-OCT-2004
I-140 LUD: 06-OCT-2004 & 04/05/2005
I-140 AD: 05-APR-2005
I-485 LUD : 14-FEB-2005(Name Check), 17-APR-2005(Self-Enquiry),
10-May-2005(Attorney Enquiry)
I-485 AD: 24-May-2005

I-797 approval notice received three days after email

We experience CSC is working quite fast. We received our approval notices today, i.e. three days after approval email and scheduled the infopass appointment for Friday (San Jose, CA). Wow!

I am still waiting for a response for my I140.
Last week I responded an RFE for ability to pay.

I wonder why USCIS bother to have a web site since they do not update some critical information.

It seems that some cases get approved and the message online does not change ...

still waiting for my I140 Approval

CSC received our reponse to RFE on Feb 11, 2005, and I am still waiting for a response for my I140. CSC is now processing I-140 and I-485 cases with Receipt Notice date of Feb 01, 2005 and Jan 03, 2005 respectively, but no update on my I-140 or I-485 for more than 3 months. Is it normal? Thanks.

srika65 said:
CSC received our reponse to RFE on Feb 11, 2005, and I am still waiting for a response for my I140. CSC is now processing I-140 and I-485 cases with Receipt Notice date of Feb 01, 2005 and Jan 03, 2005 respectively, but no update on my I-140 or I-485 for more than 3 months. Is it normal? Thanks.

Srika, have your lawer/employer call emergency number to find out where you are at. it's more than 100 days since you turned in RFEs, you can initiate inquiry now. But don't try 1800 number, it won't do anything good.

Thanks Flyer. I requested my lawyer as you suggested, and but he asked me to wait for somemore time. What is the best # to call CSC to know the status of my I-485, and will it affect my process if I call them. Thanks again.

srika65 said:
Thanks Flyer. I requested my lawyer as you suggested, and but he asked me to wait for somemore time. What is the best # to call CSC to know the status of my I-485, and will it affect my process if I call them. Thanks again.

I tried 949-389-3007 and got some sort of information of my case. A lot people did that and there is no report of any ill effect to anyone's case.

emegency number?.

Thanks for your help. Is it a regular number or an emegency number?. I do not want to call emergency #. Thanks again.

It is emergency #. You can opt not to call at this time. But that is almost the only way you could find out what is going on.

I-140 applied in Oct.2004, no updates since

My case details::

I-140, Labor substitution, EB2, CSC, Not concurrent
Applied: 10/25/2004
Received: 10/28/2004
LUD: 10/29/2004

Nothing has changed since then in my case, though the current processing dates for I-140 are in Feb, 2005.

Are there others in similar timeframe and situation?

Is there a reason to be alarmed? How can I know what's happening? Attorney doesn't want me to call USCIS, and is reluctant to do that himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 RD 18OCT2004 approved!!

I140 Approved!!!

At last it is my turn to announce the good news!

My I140 has been approved. I just get a call from my lawyer.

No msg change on the USCIS web site.

Details in the signature!

Call 1800 number

Hi fan 123,

I do not see any harm in calling the customer service number if it has been more than 30 days have passed between your notice date and current processing date for I140s. I would call and find out from them.

Do not worry about it as cases are not processed in any particular sequence. It is very random. Good luck to you my friend.

fan123 said:
My case details::

I-140, Labor substitution, EB2, CSC, Not concurrent
Applied: 10/25/2004
Received: 10/28/2004
LUD: 10/29/2004

Nothing has changed since then in my case, though the current processing dates for I-140 are in Feb, 2005.

Are there others in similar timeframe and situation?

Is there a reason to be alarmed? How can I know what's happening? Attorney doesn't want me to call USCIS, and is reluctant to do that himself.

congrats dude

csc_pawn said:
I140 Approved!!!

At last it is my turn to announce the good news!

My I140 has been approved. I just get a call from my lawyer.

No msg change on the USCIS web site.

Details in the signature!

G-28 and Initiating an Inquiry on my I-485 by myself

I contacted USCIS on my own to initiate an inquiry on my I-485 only. Also I requested my attorney to initiate an inquiry on I-140 as it is pending for more than 70 days, and he filed an inquiry asking for the status update on I-140. Also he replied back to me as follows. Is this true? I have signed the G-28 to represent my case. Is this true? If this is true who will represent my case further if there is any RFE on my 1-485. Thanks in advance.

"You contacted CIS on his own, it is unlikely that CIS will respond to any further inquiries from our office."

rarebell said:
congrats dude

Thanks man!
I hope the other guys waiting get their approval soon.

Few info about my case:

My I140 was approved in 225 days. This includes an RFE (ability to pay) that I responded almost immediately.

As soon as CSC JIT passed my RD (4/7/2004) I did ask for senator offices to call USCIS to make sure that my I140 case was not on hold.

I don't know if this had an impact in the process but I noted that right after I contacted the senator offices of CA I got an RFE on I-140.

It might be a coincidence I will never know but I am sure that it does not hurt to ask Senator/Congress man offices make inquiry on your behalf.

If you check this forum you will find some true horor story where the I-140 has been stuck for a long time. That reason alone was enough to motivate me to ask for help.

My I140 was approved on March '30 2005. But we didn't receive the approval notice till yesterday. When we inquired they told that they have sent us and it might have been lost in the mail. So we filed I824 with INS to resend the approval notice(another $195). Now they are looking @december cases... I don't know when I will get my approval notice through my lawyer even though the case is approved. Still waiting on my 485.....

Anybody here who had the same experience of not getting the approval notice ...???

Thx.

Same here

Sorry to hear that,
I have my 140 and 485 approval on 5/5/2005 and haven't receive approval notice yet. They told me I can file I824 to get a copy..... I Know someone has his lawer call and he get his approval letter in a week. I guess I'm not that lucky... Will talk to my lawer when she get back from vacation.

Arty717

I_Need_GC_now said:
My I140 was approved on March '30 2005. But we didn't receive the approval notice till yesterday. When we inquired they told that they have sent us and it might have been lost in the mail. So we filed I824 with INS to resend the approval notice(another $195). Now they are looking @december cases... I don't know when I will get my approval notice through my lawyer even though the case is approved. Still waiting on my 485.....

Anybody here who had the same experience of not getting the approval notice ...???

Thx.

No status update since late April

I was just wondering if the USCIS has abandoned the practice of updating application statuses online. My I-140 and I-485 were both approved on May 25 and I got notices in the mail on the 27th. However, my online status still reads "On April 29th we mailed you...blah-blah-blah...". I understand I got all I was asking for, but being the purist that I am, I still would like to get the freaking email too and stop checking the USCIS website. I have my infopass appointment scheduled for June 10, and hopefully that would be the end of this journey for me.

I-140
RD 11/20/04
ND 11/20/05 (applied electronically)
RFE 04/29/05 (signature missing)
AD 05/25/05

I-485
RD 11/23/04
ND 12/01/04
AD 05/25/05

Approval emails

Here we are some people who do not even have 140 approved and there are some people who have both 140 and 485 approved and also got approval notices for both and are just wondering why emails have not been sent out. That is called rubbing salt on wound.

A chicken in every pot and I-140 approval to all who applied!

Sorry, man. That clearly was not the intent. I am sure you will get your approvals soon.