Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

For Vasu

Hi Vasu,

Thanks for your reply. I have my original birth certificate and will be sending a photocopy of that. All documents are photocopies as of now.

Thanks again,
Tim.

Q on EAD

Just for information, can a person with EAD take up an additional part time job ? I didn't see any employer details on the EAD.

Thanks,
Harry Potter

Yes.. parttime on EAD

Yes you can do as many jobs as you want once you are on a EAD provided you do not intend to keep your h1 alive. Once you switch to EAD fulltime or parttime, the H1 is invalid. So you cannot be working on H1 fulltime and EAD parttime.

will_get_there

will_get_there said:
Yes you can do as many jobs as you want once you are on a EAD provided you do not intend to keep your h1 alive. Once you switch to EAD fulltime or parttime, the H1 is invalid. So you cannot be working on H1 fulltime and EAD parttime.

will_get_there

will_get_there,

How does one "Switch" from H1 to EAD. I have been on H1 for a few years and should recieve my EAD soon. Do I need to fill some paperwork at HR tomake the 'Switch'?

Thanks

Yes...

You need to get in touch with your Hr and tell them that now you will be using ur. EAD for working. They will make the necessary change in the I-9 form and some w-4 form with your alient number and all that.

Beside all this, why do you want to chnage to EAD ? Don't you know the risks involved in working on a EAD when your 140 is not approved ( if it is not - I am guessing). If you don't know the risks, do some surfing here and you will see why am I saying this. H1 is the best visa to be on till you get your GC in hand, believe me.

will_get_there

FP Info

will_get_there

Could you update the Excel sheet with your FP info? Also, there are two entries for you, row 36 and 76.

Thanks

will_get_there said:
You need to get in touch with your Hr and tell them that now you will be using ur. EAD for working. They will make the necessary change in the I-9 form and some w-4 form with your alient number and all that.

Beside all this, why do you want to chnage to EAD ? Don't you know the risks involved in working on a EAD when your 140 is not approved ( if it is not - I am guessing). If you don't know the risks, do some surfing here and you will see why am I saying this. H1 is the best visa to be on till you get your GC in hand, believe me.

will_get_there

Thansk will_get_there.

My 6 years of H1 are expiring and I dont think my company will sponser 7th year.

updated tracker

Updated tracker with FP and removed duplicate entry.

will_get_there
140 - RD 12/13/03
485 - RD 01/26/04
EAD, AP - Approved
FP - 11/26/04 scheduled.

In the website my AP status was not approved whereas my wife AP status was approved. When I called my lawer after 5-6 weeks they told they did receive the AP documents but forgot to post it. Find out if your lawer received it if not you can call INS office for this. May be they approved it but didn't post it.

will_get_there said:
updated Tracker ....

Mine and my daughter's AP was approved on 25th March (RD is Jan26 2004). I am not sure why my wife's AP was not approved. There is no RFE either.

Can I ask TSC to look into the matter as we would like to travel together ? Has anyone been through such a situation ?

Updated the spreed sheet

Hi to every one.
Updated the spreed sheet with my details..

140 - RD 7/13/04
485 - RD 07/13/04
EAD, AP - Approved

for babnanem

babbanem,

looks like you picked up some very very old post of mine ( about the AP ) and replied. My wife's AP was subsequently approved and delivered in July.

Thanks,
will_get_there

Congrats Simaha...

All the best and thanks for posting... You have come a long way.

Any tips would be appreciated. Like, any RFEs in 140/485 and your reply to them?

Thanks,
Harry Potter

Simaha:

Congratulations on your freedom. Did you get RFE on your case? Did you notice any LUD changes before the approval?

FP notice receied for concurrent filing 4/2/2004

I just got FP notice today, which is scheduled on Dec. 03.
I am a primary applicant. but my wife didn't get it yet.

myh

I-140/485: 04/02/2004