Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

I140 Rfe

Hello

Just wanted to share some basic info on my I-140
I140 RD: 9/13/05
I140 RFE: 9/23/05: Requesting NSEERS documents

So, if any of you were required to register, please inlcude those papers with your I140.

I will update when it gets approved.

Nseers

NSEERS: National Security Exit Entry Registration System

Right after 9/11/01, the Bush government implemented NSEERS for citizens of certain muslim countries. Those citizens were to report to the nearest INS center have their picture and fingerprint done for record.

You can google NSEERS for more information.

lc4gc said:
Thank you Skapa.....

My attorney just sent a letter to USCIS.....but only USCIS has right to ask for duplicate LC from DOL.....that took at least half year....

lc4gc what do you mean by the above statement - "that took atleast half year". I am asking because I too got the same type of query and my lawyer had responded to check the original packet (please). am still waiting since 2 months.

How long it will take to get the RD/ND letter

Guys,

Could you anyone tell me how long it takes to get the RD/ND letter once Fedex pacakge is received at USCIS center

Thanks
Maveric
PD : 02/18/2003, RIR/EB2/TX
LC Certified : 08/08/2005
LC Received : 09/16/2005
I-140/485 : 09/26/2005 Fedex Received at USCIS

Confusing approval dates

Hey Fellows:
I went back several pages to find answer to my questions but couldn't. 3 questions.
I filed my 140/485 concurrently 2 days ago(09/26). Now I am hearing this retorgression hoopla and I am confused. Some people are saying in this forum and other places that 140 is getting approved in 2-3 weeks while others say 4-6 months. WHich is correct?

I am in EB2, RIR. How does the sept 30th retrogression affect me? My lawyer said that I am unaffected by retrogression since I am filing before sept 30. So how long could the 485 take to get approved?

At what step can I change my jobs if I want to change my employers without complicating my situation.?

Thanks fellows

BobbySingh said:
Hey Fellows:
I went back several pages to find answer to my questions but couldn't. 3 questions.
I filed my 140/485 concurrently 2 days ago(09/26). Now I am hearing this retorgression hoopla and I am confused. Some people are saying in this forum and other places that 140 is getting approved in 2-3 weeks while others say 4-6 months. WHich is correct?

I am in EB2, RIR. How does the sept 30th retrogression affect me? My lawyer said that I am unaffected by retrogression since I am filing before sept 30. So how long could the 485 take to get approved?

At what step can I change my jobs if I want to change my employers without complicating my situation.?

Thanks fellows

Yes. I-140 is getting approved fast. 4 months is the average time.

Your attorney is 'Wrong" . You will be affected by retrogression like everybody else if you are from India / China. The advantage you will have since you filed I-485 before Oct 1st 2005 is that you (and your spouse) will be eligible to receive your EAD and you will also be able to switch jobs after I-140 approval and I-485 is pending for 6 months or more using the AC21 provision.

You will have to endure the same waiting time for the final greencard which depends upon the visa number being current.

You ae absoluetly right but thought about following key point:
Changing jobs after 6 months should be done carefully without jeopardizing intent of immigrant petition

indio0617 said:
Yes. I-140 is getting approved fast. 4 months is the average time.

Your attorney is 'Wrong" . You will be affected by retrogression like everybody else if you are from India / China. The advantage you will have since you filed I-485 before Oct 1st 2005 is that you (and your spouse) will be eligible to receive your EAD and you will also be able to switch jobs after I-140 approval and I-485 is pending for 6 months or more using the AC21 provision.

You will have to endure the same waiting time for the final greencard which depends upon the visa number being current.

Does it mean that the only difference between, say A (filed I140 and 485 on 9/29) and B (filed only I140 on 10/1) and both their 140s are approved in 3 months - the difference is A can switch jobs after 4/1/06 but B will not? This retrogression is very confusing.

:) I got my labor certified today under EB3 category.

Here are my details

State TX (Houston)/RIR/EB3
PD April, 2003
RD Sept, 2003

I will file for I-140 in a few days.

Can someone please tell me if this is this the right thread for me for Q&A or is this just for tracking? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't say they run out 2006 visa number

VA001 said:
Theoretically people (India/China) who filed thier 140/485 at the end of 09/2005 need to wait around one year to get their 485 approved because they may have to wait until 10/2006 to use 2007's visa number.

No, they did not run out 2006 visa number, they just want limit the number of 485 applicaitons. So "Theoretically" people(India/China) need to wait and get their 485 approvals only after their priority date is before the visa cutoff date, which may move forward before 10/2006.

Well on the bright site...

I-140 RD: 09/26/2005
I-140 AD: 09/30/2005

My lawyer got a call from the SC and faxed a couple additional forms on 09/29.

That's the way to go, TSC

How do you track the 140/485 progress

Thanks for answering my previous question fellows. I was able to file my 140/485 conc. before sep30/05. I went all the way to the beginning to find out unsuccessfully

how do you track the progress on the website?

Where do you get the receipt numbers and such?

Can someone answer this?

Thanks

Bobby

I-140 approval

I got email notice today.
I-140 RD sept 30 2005
I-140 AD Oct 7 2005

EB2 PD Nov 2002 (Substitute Labor) at TSC

I-140/I-485 mailed on 09/28/2005
Fedex received on 09/29/2005 by TSC

I-140 Receipt is received but the status shows

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on October 3, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 400 and 450 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Can someone let me know that it is standard message or I have received a message which means that I-140 is going to take 400 days.

I am really new to the I-140 forum and I have a dumb question. What does LUD stand for? Is it the same as the application number?

Bunty2772 said:
I am really new to the I-140 forum and I have a dumb question. What does LUD stand for? Is it the same as the application number?
it stands for Last Updated Date.

can someone help me

How many days it takes to get the RFE notice in mail once you see it on uscis.gov web site.

does uscis send the RFE notice to applicant and attorney.

Thanks

I am in Dallas and Texas USCIS in Dallas too.

it took me 7 days got the RFE. RFE to the attorney..

they will let you response it in 120 days.

what is your RFE for?

mine was request for original LC :eek: ...although we did put original LC in the package....

140/485 Concurrent Filing

Dudes:
I filed 140/485 concurrently under EB2 from TX. the receipt date is sept 29th. Figured that with the starting of retrogression I wouldn't hear from uscis for another 6 months. Last week (friday, 14 oct) I received fingr printing notice. Thats barely 3 weeks after the filing. Even my 140 is not approved yet. Not that I'm complaining but why all of a sudden so fast? Wonder if it has to do with me putting a brand new one dollar bill in it. Can anyone guess how long before the 140 is approved? thanks
booby