Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

Visa Number Availability

Another 6 days to go to see what the cut-off dates are for EB-3 for 10/2005.

I think it is important to have the I-140 approved as quickly as possible so that I-485 can be applied subject to PD being current. See page 3 of I-485 Form instructions.

I think we should see a lot of I-485 approvals within 2005 for PDs before 12/2002

Any thoughts?

140 approval

By looking at trend it looks like non-concurrent (EB3 guys are filing just 140)
140's are getting approved with in 2-3 weeks.

If it's concurrent(applying for 140&485 at same time) might be going in to a different queue... just a thought..

skapa said:
I have filed on August 27th, I am still waiting for 140 approval ???

sr2610 said:
By looking at trend it looks like non-concurrent (EB3 guys are filing just 140)
140's are getting approved with in 2-3 weeks.

If it's concurrent(applying for 140&485 at same time) might be going in to a different queue... just a thought..

You may be right, I am just keeping my fingures crossed, and waiting for good news.

VA001 said:
Just as you said before--485 is approved faster and faster according to CIS web. Yes, a lot of 485 could be approved in 2005. My situation is that I am at home for medical reason and will be ready to work middle of the next year. I have not filed 485/140 because I am worried to have an approved 485 before I go back to work.

I do not quite understand what is holding you from applying your I-140/I-485. This is only for a future job. I do not know your current imm. status. You must ensure that you do not violate status which is key to getting I-485 approved. Check with attorney.

Size of Company

We have seen some approvals and some pending for I-140 applications with similar RD's and PD's. Has it got anything with the size and stature of the sponsoring company. Any thoughts.

If PD's are current (visa number available), I think it should take about an average 3-6 months to get I-485 approved from RD.

140 - RD & ND

Guys:

My attorney applied for 140 on last Thrusday (9/8), when can we expect RD & ND ?

Thanks,
-SR
TX/EB3

EB-3 Retros to Jan 01 1998

Bad news for all EB-3 guys! and for EB-2 also. I think thats stuck at 1999.
Well, I look at it this way.

a. The PD cut-off has been arrived at by keeping in mind all pending I-485 applications (with PDs later than 01/01/98). USCIS needs to get rid of all these pending apps. Look at the visa bulletin trends Jan 2005 until October 2005. All categories were current until December 2004. And then all BECs started approving applications most with PDs in 2002. And therefore subsequent filing of I-485.

b. Given the scenario in (a) above, I think we will see cut-off dates mostly before 06/2002 in coming months (FY2006).

Any thoughts?

I agree with you mahap001. All though I am screwed badly, I am quite optimistic that the visa dates will move forward rapidly in the next few months. USCIS is trying to cut down on the backlog drastically and bring it to within 3-6 months. The only way they can do this is by restricting the number of I-485 applications.

This maybe wishful thinking on my part but atleast I am hopeful. I am moving on with my life. No use putting your life on hold for this GC stuff.

No light at the end of the tunnel

Hi folks

We are doomed to be H1B Slaves for another long many years. Look at the Visa dates:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2631.html

I can understand the frustration of bachelors, but look at the plight of parents with children nearing 21yrs age. The poor kids have to go through this whole torture and exploitation by employers again.

Is there any thing we can do to get EAD for our spouse and children especially for children nearing age 21?

Silently waiting for a favourable miracle may not happen.

few questions

It seems to be very bad news. I was very happy once I knew my labor is approved now it seems to be a long wait.

Who are the Sch. A workers?

I was reading this I-140 forum for the last couple of months, and it seems like there were some I-485 approval in that time period and most of these people applied recently then how come BCIS adjust those applications and now retrogress PD all the way to 1998/99?

It seems like it is only effecting 4 countries right now, I was reading on the other immigration website that it could be possible PD may retrogress for every one in the coming future. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
RAYDHAN said:
I agree with you mahap001. All though I am screwed badly, I am quite optimistic that the visa dates will move forward rapidly in the next few months. USCIS is trying to cut down on the backlog drastically and bring it to within 3-6 months. The only way they can do this is by restricting the number of I-485 applications.

This maybe wishful thinking on my part but atleast I am hopeful. I am moving on with my life. No use putting your life on hold for this GC stuff.

Yes, if USCIS reduces their backlog drastically, then they would have no I-485 applications to process. This is beacuse no one can submit I-485 since State visa numbers are not available.

I-140 Approved

Just checked the USCIS website for online Case Status. It shows that my I-140 has been approved. The approval notice has been mailed today (Sept. 14, 2005).

It took exactly 20 working days for the approval. Filing date was Aug. 22, 2005.

I am EB3 category from India.
LET THE ENDLESS WAIT FOR VISA NUMBERS (I-485) BEGIN!!!!

I visited the visa bulletins for previous years at the DOS website. The cut off dates fluctuate from month to month, sometimes retrogressing rapidly and then advancing forward from month to month.

Looking at the trends for previous years, I wont be surprised to see cut-off dates between 6/2002 - 6/2003 by 03/2006.

lc4gc said:
Sorry about the visa retrogression...if they mailed your approved labor in May or June, you already filed 485 now...

My I-140 filed on Aug 15, but still no movement.....don't know why???? I guess I have to wait two or three months until TSC's processing time passes Aug 15, then call the national center to check......

hate this endless waiting......

Hi Ic4gc,

I have filed my 140/485 on July 27th still my 140 is not approved yet. I have seen 140 approvals for others at TSC in less than a week to 3 weeks time frame. Yesterday I saw 1st LUD on my 140, Hope I will hear good news today. Don't worry if you filed concurrently, TSC is taking longer period to approve 140. see more detail on my signature for details

lc4gc,
Don't worry too much. Contact your attorney immediately. Maybe they need financial information about your company.

Good luck.