Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

Question

I have applied 140/485 concurrently.

1. Would I be eligible for AC21 once my 140 is cleared ?.
2. Does this clause just for non-concurrently applications ?.
3. The applicant should wait for 6 months after applying 485 or approval of 140 (In concurrent case) ?

I would appreciate your response...

Thanks in Advance,
Hudakchullu.

AC21 Law does not specifically say anything about 140 since in those days, concurrent filing was not available. So in a way AC21 applicability in terms of job change after 6 montsh into 485 application assumes that 140 is approved. This is how USCIS also interprets it and they issued a memo saying specifically that for AC21 based job change 6 months after 485 filing, 140 should be in approved state otherwise AC21 law does not apply.

So these 2 conditions should be met for AC21 based job change :
- 140 approved.
- 485 application more than 6 months pending.

cWhether it is oncurrent filing, semi-concurrent filing or non-concurrent filing, as long as you meet the the above 2 requirements you can use AC21 to change jobs.

Actually I removed them from my portfolio since they were already approved. Should it matter in anyway if the LUDs on approved cases are changing ? I can put them back into the portfolio and let you know anyway ?

Tell me if they are any indication of my case's progress.

hi

NIW /TSC/EB2
140/485 concurently filed RD 2/3/4
FP done 12/3/04
can other people who have filed Jan onward share experience
has anyone have 140 approval (those filed after jan2004, date says Jan7)
thanks

Will_get_there,

Based on the previous postings by different guys, after receiving the fingerprints, if the LUD changes on already approved I131's and/or I765's then you case has been moved to a different "pile" of approvable cases and we might get it anytime after that.

Hoping for early approval.

Vanguru,

I added all the cases back into the portfolio and I see there is no change in the LUDs for approved EADs and APs. I hope you are wrong otherwise you have made my day :eek: :eek: :eek:

LUDs on already approved APs/EADs

will_get_there

I saw LUDs on our already approved APs on 12/08, and finally my 140 was approved on 12/21. What vangaru says is correct. If there is some LUD, even on already approved cases, it might be an indication that some process has started. There are also some people who never noticed any LUD, but their 140/485 got approved.

Lud?

When I check the case by entering it on the USCIS webpage , it gives me the status and the date and time stamp of when the page was accessed. How do you determine the LUD ?

To get LUDs you have to make a portfolio and put in your cases in it ( by case numbers ). Portfolio will have a login and passwd so next time when you go to case status site an you enter your login an dpasswd, you will see the cases in a table, their status and last updated date columns.

I-140 will be processed separately

Hudak, it is safe to wait until 140 is approved. After 140 approval look at your I-485 Notice date and if it has been pending for more than 180 days, then you could use AC21.

I wanted to know If I-140 will be processed separately from I-485 in light of the EB3 retrogression. I've called USCIS and asked what they are going to do with the I-140 applications. Customer service lady said they are going to approve I-140 first and then wait for priority dates to become current **to start** I-485 processesing.

hudakchullu said:
I have applied 140/485 concurrently.

1. Would I be eligible for AC21 once my 140 is cleared ?.
2. Does this clause just for non-concurrently applications ?.
3. The applicant should wait for 6 months after applying 485 or approval of 140 (In concurrent case) ?

I would appreciate your response...

Thanks in Advance,
Hudakchullu.

Updated spreadsheet

Got confirmation email from the attorney that my 140 was cleared. Updated the spreadsheet.

Time to get case numbers?

After you submit all the papers for 140, 485 etc., how long does it take to get the case numbers?

Thanks,

Chimi

concurrent filers

Based on USCIS 12/17/2004 published processing dates at TXC, 140 current processing time is 1/7/2004. Are the concurrent cases processing time based off 1/7/2004, ie, the 140 processing time? Does this mean we are looking at roughly 1 year for 140/485 approval for concurrent filers?

read this link on concurrent processing faq

http://www.ils-flabar.org/pdfs/July 19 2004 Meeting Minutes.pdf

Question.Members report that concurrently filed I-140/I-485 applications are
now being adjudicated simultaneously. Please advise if we should rely on the
processing times for the I-140s or the I-485s? What does this mean in cases
where I-140 have been pending beyond the processing times? This policy
may bar the ability if applicants to “port” pursuant to AC-21.

Answer: TSC is currently adjudicating the I-140 and I-485 filed concurrently
based on I-140 processing times. If the security checks are clear then the I-
140 and I-485 will be adjudicated concurrently. However, if the I-485 cannot
be adjudicated for any reason the I-140 will not be pulled.