I-140 Receipt date: 09/14/2004
I-485 Receipt date: 09/14/2004

I-765 Receipt date: 09/14/2004
EAD Approval date: 10/03/2004
EAD Received on hand: 10/05/2004

I-131 Receipt date: 09/14/2004
AP Approval date: 10/20/2004

Traveling with Advanced Parole and EAD, do I need Trasit Visa

End of this month I am planning for India trip. I am on 7th year H1B visa but not stamped on passport. I don’t want to go for Stamping.

Recently I got my EAD and Advanced Parole and decided to Use AP for my India trip.

I booked the ticket in Air India. It is direct flight from LAX to Mumbai. But it has 1 hour stop in Frankfurt (Germany) may be we need get down form the flight for 1 hour
and get into the same fight. They need this brake for cleaning and fuel.

My Question is that do I need to get Trasit visa even though I am going to travel in the same flight.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks to every one for maintaining such a wonderful forum.

Saurbah_tulika,

Dont stick with 'Before Jan 1 2005'. Since Dec 31 is New year Eve holiday for USCIS, effectively it is 'On or Before Dec 30 2004'

Everything for 140/485 filing is ready but the physical labour certificate has not been received yet (LC was certified on Dec 14th 2004), does anyone has any clue what are the options I will have.

You can take a chance by sending in your 140/485 application and then they can either raise an RFE for labor cert. or send the whole package back. In latter case you are in the same state as you will be if you wait fro the certificate however if they accept your application and send you RFE for certificate, you can file EAD and AP since 485 would be in the pipeline.

If I were you I would take that chance and send in the 140/485 applications. Talk to your lawyer and see what he says.

sourabh_tulika,

Following is based on my colleagues case: (his case approved approximately 4 months later than the USCIS posted processing time).

Go ahead and send your I140 and I485 without waiting for Labor Certification. It takes a little longer for the processing of I140.

-- USCIS will send an RFE for the actual labor certification
-- USCIS will send a letter to DOL requesting for labor certification copy. Usally response from DOL is delayed by 8 weeks.
-- worst case (I doubt it): USCIS will send the entire package back to you. Then you can reapply.

This is much better than waiting for your PD to come current.

Thanks for the response, but I beleive we need to put some number from the Labor Certificate on the 140 form.

vangaru said:
sourabh_tulika,

Following is based on my colleagues case: (his case approved approximately 4 months later than the USCIS posted processing time).

Go ahead and send your I140 and I485 without waiting for Labor Certification. It takes a little longer for the processing of I140.

-- USCIS will send an RFE for the actual labor certification
-- USCIS will send a letter to DOL requesting for labor certification copy. Usally response from DOL is delayed by 8 weeks.
-- worst case (I doubt it): USCIS will send the entire package back to you. Then you can reapply.

This is much better than waiting for your PD to come current.

Go to Dallas

Last day effort.
Go to dallas with your application on dec 30.
If u get LC by noon at your lawyers office ask them to fax
and drop in the USCIS mail box in the evening.

Please can some one answer my question.

at0324 said:
I am planning for India trip. I am on 7th year H1B visa but not stamped on passport. I don’t want to go for Stamping.

Recently I got my EAD and Advanced Parole and decided to Use AP for my India trip.

I booked the ticket in Air India. It is direct flight from LAX to Mumbai. But it has 1 hour stop in Frankfurt (Germany) may be we need get down form the flight for 1 hour
and get into the same fight. They need this brake for cleaning and fuel.

My Question is that do I need to get Trasit visa even though I am going to travel in the same flight.

For at0324

In one of the threads here a mail from German Consulate was posted which says that a transit visa would not be required in such a case. It is better to contact the German Consulate near you for advice!

saurabh_tulika,

You must have already HAVE the LC case number from US-DOL, right.

"approved labor will not have any additional information, other than the approving officers signature stamp and the approved date."

If you have US-DOL receipt number for your application and approval date, that should be good enough to file for I140.

You can always send additional information once you get it.

Not Required

I traveled India in October by Air India via Frankfurt with EAD/AP and without any kind of Visa stamped on my passport , i had similiar concerns but did not face any problems.

I just now got an email from my lawyer and he said exactly what you said in the previous post to submit the 140/485 without the LC. My lawyer (I am glad he is willing to do this) has left the message for the certifying officer and saying that he is even willing to come to DOL office to pick up the letter if it has not been mailed yet.

Here are the exact words from the lawyers email
I have left a message with the analyst who approved the case, Elizabeth Sledge, and will send her an e-mail as well (please do not contact her directly as she will not appreciate it) asking if the certified copy has been mailed out yet. If it has, Ive asked her to confirm the date it was sent. If not, I have offered to come by and pick it up personally.

Worst case, we will go ahead and file the I-140 and I-485 without it. We will get an RFE hopefully asking for it and well have at least 30 days to provide it. There is a possibility though that they may send everything back and not accept the filing without it. It really depends on how closely the filing clerk looks at it. Then well have to re-file just the I-140 alone, and wait to file the I-485 when your priority date is reached. In the meanwhile youll be able to extend out your H-1B and H-4 status as long as necessary

can some one update the info for me on your spreadsheet...

485 approved on dec 14th 2004
passport stamped on dec 18th 2004
thanks in advance and all the best in the new year to all

had applied on mar 17th 2004 for 140/ 485 concurrently eb2

Guys,

It seems that our EAD cards have been lost in the mail. We applied on 09/13/04, got approved on 10/25/04. A couple of weeks ago we called the UCIS toll free number to inquire, today we recieved their response, saying that we will have to re file 765 asking for a replacement card. My H1 is expiring on Jan 20th. If I dont recieve my EAD by then, what are the consequences.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Congrats

Niraliajit:

Congratulations man!! That was fast. Did you do anything to proactively contact the Service Center after FP?

FloridaGC

niraliajit said:
can some one update the info for me on your spreadsheet...

485 approved on dec 14th 2004
passport stamped on dec 18th 2004
thanks in advance and all the best in the new year to all

had applied on mar 17th 2004 for 140/ 485 concurrently eb2