talk to IIo and got to know interview date

I am just patient and waiting .....there is nothing one can do ...instead just enjoy what each day brings to you. As long as I can renew the EAD I am happy

Wimbledon

Do you anyone who got interviewed recently at the Houston office?? Are the dates still 03/2001 at the local office or did they move?? Mine is 11/2001. Dunno how long I should wait for an interview.

later,
Chow

Received FP for my wife.

We received a notice from the INS to redo my wifes finger prints. Dunno if this has anything to do with the approval. But they didnt ask any documents of hers like they asked me for my employment letter, tax returns blah blah blah....

later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good sign man. At least you know someone has your file and is doing something with it. Hang in there!!!

Well, everything is possible with the USCIS. At one point I thought they were generated automatically. Then my wife and my FP expired, my wife received a FP notice and I did not. It was only a year later that I received one. Hers is almost expiring now and I haven't received any FP notice for her.

So, I guess there are no rules, or I just don't understand the existing rules.

Receipt

Wella,
I mailed the EAD and the AP applications to the Houston office on Saturday. They received it on Monday 09/15/03. How long do you think it takes to get a receipt?? I mean atleast some notification from Houston office that they received the application.

Also did you get the actual receipt notice from the Houston Office??

later..

Wella

Received the receipt for the payments I made from the Houston local office. I was wondering how long it would take to receive the actual receipt notice.

later.

There will be no receipt notice. I believe this is all you will get. Then you will receive a letter to come to the office to receive your AP, and another letter to come to receive your EAD.

Good luck

Wella

So can we use the receipt we received to get an intrim EAD in case we dont get an EAD in 3 months??

later,
Chow

Wella

I received the receipt for the payment of the EAD and the AP last friday. I guess I wont be getting any more receipt notice or something else except the letter to come and get fingerprinted.

later.

THis is what I got. I wnet last week and got my AP. THis weekend I got a letter for EAD appointment. I did not receive any reciept notices, only the payment reciept.

Wow thats fast.

Wella,

Did you get letter from the local office to come and collect your AP? So whats your AP validity period? did it start from the day the AP was approved or from the next day the current AP expires( I mean the one one you have before the new approval) Dont you need to be finger printed to get your AP? When is your appointment for your EAD. Thats fast man. I believe you applied for your EAD and AP early this month right.

later.

Yes I got a letter from US CIS to come and pick up my AP, which I did and I have the new one. The start date of the AP is September 17, 2003.

I also got a letter two days ago, to come and pick up the EAD. The date on the EAD will be from the date the existing EAD expires which is January 26, 2004.

Well, I have some other very bad news. I will post separately

Bad News Guys

Well, I have received a letter for an interview for my AOS. The interveiw date was Sep. 17, 2003 at 6:30 am.

I took my lawyer with me to the interview. Initially the interview was smooth with the usual silly questions: Have you been arrested, bla bla. to which I answered no.

Then all over a sudden, the lady asked to look at my H1B stamp. The stamp was annotated "PART NO INTENDING IMMIGRATNT, MMET RULES." Then she said your H1B says you are not intenting immigrant, why did you file for AOS. I siad because I had I 1-40 approved and wanted to stay here. She then said but that is mirepresntation because you should have told the consulate that and did consular processing.

My lawyer then jumped in and sais that H1B is a dual intet visa and he is entitled to either AOS or consular processing, and we elected AOS for him, that is the law. She then said but he should have declared his intention at the time he apllied for the H1B. I said: I did tell the consular at the embassy that I have and approved I-140 declaring my intent to immigrate. She said, fine, I will get your visa file from the embassy to check it out.

My lawer was very angry that she did not understand that H1B is dual intent visa, and that I caould have both intentions.

So, the wait goes on.

Wella

Sorry to hear that friend. Where do you see that intent?? on the actual H1-b stamping on the passport or the the H1-B copy? This is something new that I never heard of. I really feel sorry for you.
I wish everything goes fine. Did she tell you how long it would take to get the file and make a decision?

later.

Wella

Is it on the first H1-B stamp while we attend for the first time in India before comming to US? Thats the only time I attended the the consulate for a H1-B visa.