talk to IIo and got to know interview date

I used my AP last time I entered. Actually, it turned out to be the best thing. ALways use the AP.

Wella

Why is it taking so long?? I'm not against any country of Origin, but just curious whats your country of Origin. Am from India. Do you think the country of origin delays the approval process??

I am from Egypt. It may have something to do with it, I don't know.

I applied in EB1 Category and had my I-140 approved in three months back in 2000 (didn't have to do the Labor). Since then, after I applied for the I-485 it has been taking forever.

It is killing me man.

Wella

Sorry to hear that dude. I checked the passport to look for the Annotation PART NO INTENDING IMMIGRATNT, MMET RULES. But I didnt see anything like the one you posted earlier.

Several attorneys tell me that this is the first time they see this annotation on H1B visa. They tell me someone had made a mistake. Well, I am paying for it untill they find out how and why!!!!!!!!!

I have not got any updates. Can any of you guys tell me what forms should I be filling up for my wife to apply for my wife whom I would be wedding by the end of this month. I would be sending all the forms to HOuston. I dont want to engage an attorney for filling up the forms...let me know if you guys have any advice

No my friend. Thank you for asking.

I have checked with four lawyers, and they all said that I should not have any problems. They actually repeated the same words and cited the same quotations from the law, as if they were talking to one another. They also said it is just a matter of time. But no one seemed to know how long.

Wella

That sucks dude. Do you know of anyone else who attended an interview lately?? just wanted to check if Houston is conducting any interviews for EB category off late.

later

No, I do not know of anyone.

One of the things all lawyers agreed upon was that the officers at local offices are not very experienced in handling EB applications. One lawyer said the following:

"there are about one million GC applications processed every year, mainly family based. Only about 50,000 EB are processed yearly. Most of the EB applications are processed in service centers, and only 5 to 10% is transfered to local offices. Thus, only 2500 to 5000 EB applications are transfered to local offices all over the US. A small portion of this come to Houston. THus the local officers here in Houston, would have seen very few EB applications and they are not familiar with the differences. For example H-1B is a dual intent visa, unlike B-1, F-1, and so on."

So, when you go to the interview, be prepared with this backgroung in your mind. I do not want to scare you, but I am just sharing with you what I have gone through, and what the lawyers have told me.

Thanks Dude.

I appreciate this information. Another quick question though. My attorney is in Virginia. No way he will be with me for the interview. So if I want to take a local attorney with me, do we need to file any documentation with the BCIS??

later

I believe when you call a local lawyer here, he will have you sign a form (G..... something) which says that he is representing you and he will hand this to the officer.

My advice is to talk to a lawyer in advance and tell him (her) that you want him (her) to accompany you to the interview. Some lawyer will not agree, some will agree. But they need to be familiar with the case. Also, ask how much it will cost, and if they need to get copies of your file from your original lawyer if possible. Coordinate that with your original lawyer and ask him/her for recommendation. Tel him/her that you cannot afford having him/her to fly from virginia just for the interview, be upfront and I think he/she should appreciate that.

Good luck