talk to IIo and got to know interview date

Wella

whats your RD? How early did you receive the interview letter before the interview? The reason being.. my wife is currently on a vacation in India, returning on the 11'th of Oct. Please let me know.

later.

Wella

Was the interview scheduled for both you and your better half or Just for you?? ( If you are single). Do we have a option of postponing the interview??

later.

wella

What do you mean its rescheduled for both you and your wife? You had the initial interview right. But can we reschedule for the very first time if one of the two is out of the country?? Keep your fingers crossed dude. Just be optimistic.

later.

Wella

Wella,
Can we take any lawyer for the interview or the lawyer who is processing our case. My lawyer is in Virginia and I think he cannot make it for the interview.

later.

My understanding is that you can take any lawyer to the interview. But you can check with whoever lawyer you choose and ask him/her if that would be OK. They will not charge you for the question, but they will charge a lot for going to the interview.

Wella

I dunno if its worth calling my lawyer from virginia.. paying him for the first class airfare, hotel suite, premium car rental blah blah blah... which thing works out to be cheap?? local layer vs making my lawyer fly from virginia?? ;)

Definitely local lawyer is cheaper. Again keep in mind that the presence of a lawyer doesn't really help very much. My lawyer was present in the interview, and my case was really straight forward, he did not argue much with the officer. He accepted what she said a face value although after we left, he started cursing her.

Wella

I'm thinking of getting a local lawyer. Probably Rahul Reddy. Any idea how he is. Heard from couple of my friends that he is very reputed.. especially after the San Antonio or the Corpus case.. Please let me know if you know of any better lawyers in the area.

later,
Chow

Wella

Dude.. Did you ever use AP while getting into US. I'm filling the EAD document for my wife and in Question 14 Manner Of Last Entry, what do I put there?? Paroled or something else. I appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks.